+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
they better not ask any more at this point
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
Kayaker said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is a case specific inquiry? Is that the one that is only if your application has exceeded 15 months?
According to the web page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/manila.asp,

+ click on the "case specific enquiry" link, these instructions will come up:

"You may use this form if:

. You have submitted an application at a visa office abroad
. The information you seek is not available on E-cas
. Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times
. You wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in employment, acquisition of a new
educational credential, results of an approved language test."

Now the above is not written according to legal language standards; i.e. the four items on a list like the above would normally be separated by the words "or" or "and". So in this case it is not clear if "all conditions should apply" or "as long as one of the conditions apply" can you send an inquiry.

I do not believe that all of the conditions should apply, therefore I do not believe you can only use this form if the "normal processing times" are up. That simply would not make sense - why would you have to wait until the "normal processing times" are up - to report (for example) a change in address... Furthermore, according to my experience, everything that I sent in this way found it's way into my GCMS notes, even I was not past the processing time. Granted, they did not reply - you will only receive an automatic confirmation. Plus, they may not act upon your message right away, but once your file does come up for review, they will see everything you sent in this way.

So... use this resource sparingly and wisely! Be brief and concise, to the point. OH and I know it's hard, but try not to curse!

silverlynxes

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
File Transfer...
18-08-2014 CSQissued......: 08-09-2014
Med's Done....
01-05-2014
Passport Req..
Exempt, InProcess........: 13-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Hi everyone :) Few days ago I recieved Additional Documents Requested from Manila Vo, and this time they only requested me about copy of my CSQ.
I sent it to Manila this morning by EMS but I didn't expect to hear from Vo so soon ;D!
I don't know how long I need to wait for after this requested but I hope everything will go well....and everyone too!!

bobbyinvisalia

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
15 Feb 2012 and 4 May 2014
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
Re meds 05-05-2014
Interview........
17 Jan 2013 however cancelled.....
Passport Req..
15 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/reduce-processing-time-for-family-sponsorship-treat-everyone-the-same-canada.html

Sign the petition please and pass on the link

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
GabbieLovesAya said:
So... use this resource sparingly and wisely! Be brief and concise, to the point. OH and I know it's hard, but try not to curse!
Hmm, I see.. I don't know when I'd use it, I'd kind of be scared to :)

Except yes, I did use it to update my address once.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
bobbyinvisalia said:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/reduce-processing-time-for-family-sponsorship-treat-everyone-the-same-canada.html

Sign the petition please and pass on the link

I want to sign the petition,
but the terms in which is written are not very respectful...

I support this kind of initiatives,
but we need to be polite.... we can send the same message and keep it simple.....

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Awesomeg said:

but we need to be polite.... we can send the same message and keep it simple.....
Yes, I agree. And probably more specific. I too really think something needs to be done but am a little confused about what. I have written my future MP about these concerns but wonder if cbc would pick up the story. They have done a few stories on immigration recently and might want t continue. Especially with their history with the immigration minister.

Heather

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-DEC-2014 (DM 15-DEC-2014 VISA Rec'd 12-JAN-2015)
LANDED..........
Flights Booked 17-JAN-2015
I agree with awesomemeg. The idea of a petition is a great idea if you feel you are being treated unfairly. As a Canadian citizen, I do not feel the government is corrupt or support the harsh wording in this petition. If you want a petition to bring about action, it must be written in a professional manner without emotion. Stick to the facts. The process can be a bit dissappointing, but there are priorities that our government's money is set aside to be spent on. Immigration unfortunately isn't the top priority in terms of representing what the majority of Canadians want or wish to have government money spent on. Although my partner and I are caught up in the delays, in a weird way, it does comfort me to know that the delays are responsible for many divorces. If something like this causes grounds for divorce, I'd question the validity of your relationship in the first place. Maybe that's the reason for the delays; targeting a reduction in fraud, indirectly.

Keep your spirits high, and remember the posted average processing times for each VO. Until your application is beyond this timeline, there isn't really much you can do about it.

My partner and I applied in September 2013, and our status on ECAS still says APPLICATION RECEIVED. If I was to support a petition, I would be more likely to support one that addresses the inconsistency in timelines (within the same VO) between married and common-law straight couples compared to gay couples applying under the Conjugal category. Just food for thought :)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Awesomeg said:

Yup. Totally agree. Let's see now:
The forms ARE online. We didn't fill even ONE out by hand.
The cost isn't $1100. Close, but if you're going to put it, put it correctly.
And having been through it, I still don't find Canada's immigration policies "ridiculous". Most Canadians absolutely support closer scrutiny (aka long wait times) where immigration fraud is more prevalent.
Petition is going nowhere.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeamGO said:
I agree with awesomemeg. The idea of a petition is a great idea if you feel you are being treated unfairly. As a Canadian citizen, I do not feel the government is corrupt or support the harsh wording in this petition. If you want a petition to bring about action, it must be written in a professional manner without emotion. Stick to the facts. The process can be a bit dissappointing, but there are priorities that our government's money is set aside to be spent on. Immigration unfortunately isn't the top priority in terms of representing what the majority of Canadians want or wish to have government money spent on. Although my partner and I are caught up in the delays, in a weird way, it does comfort me to know that the delays are responsible for many divorces. If something like this causes grounds for divorce, I'd question the validity of your relationship in the first place. Maybe that's the reason for the delays; targeting a reduction in fraud, indirectly.

Keep your spirits high, and remember the posted average processing times for each VO. Until your application is beyond this timeline, there isn't really much you can do about it.

My partner and I applied in September 2013, and our status on ECAS still says APPLICATION RECEIVED. If I was to support a petition, I would be more likely to support one that addresses the inconsistency in timelines (within the same VO) between married and common-law straight couples compared to gay couples applying under the Conjugal category. Just food for thought :)
I strogly agree with Awesomeg and TeamGO. If you want the petition to go anywhere, it has to be professional and respectful. It cannot be done with anger and emotions. Don't think about just yourself, think about all the people it can help in the future.

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hey Everyone,

I have some updates I thought I would share...

At the recommendation of our immigration lawyer, our MP is now involved. The last update they received was that our application was in the final stages (perhaps that means background checks like yours...unsure what it means specifically). They were optimistic that we would have our visa before December. They also advised that if they take the Quebec conugal applications out of the processing times posted on the CIC website, they are still at 14 months. The 15 month timeline (increased by a month recently) was related to Quebec applications extending the average processing time.

We were also advised, during the period April 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014, 3,360 applications in the Non-Quebec Family Class (Spouse, Common-Law, Conjugal) were received by Manila. Only 69 were declined, which gives a 98% approval rate.

During the last 12 months, 20% of the applications in the Non-Quebec Family Class through Manila were completed within 8 months, 30% within 9 months, 50% within 10 months, 70% within 12 months, and 80% within 14 months following Sponsor Approval. Both you and I have sponsor approvals a the beginning of October 2013. I did find out the processing times are calculated from the time the sponsor is approved (Manila receives the file) to the time the applicant arrives in Canada. I have always throught the timeline was from Sponsor Approval to Decision Made.

Have you heard anything more? I am planning on a final trip to the Philippines over Christmas and new year, and hopefully come back to Canada with my partner.

On the Manila spreadsheet, I noticed there is no information for: tess26, Fhe, manille, and K.Apolinario who all applied before us in the Conjugal category and do not show as having their visa yet. Has anyone had any contact with any of them? Have they received their Visa's yet and perhaps the spreadsheet hasn't been updated yet? I was going to reach out to them, but didn't want to if any one else already had an update from them.

Sincerely,

TeamGO

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
TeamGO said:
During the last 12 months, 20% of the applications in the Non-Quebec Family Class through Manila were completed within 8 months, 30% within 9 months, 50% within 10 months, 70% within 12 months, and 80% within 14 months following Sponsor Approval. Both you and I have sponsor approvals a the beginning of October 2013. I did find out the processing times are calculated from the time the sponsor is approved (Manila receives the file) to the time the applicant arrives in Canada. I have always thought the timeline was from Sponsor Approval to Decision Made.
Don't count on the correctness of these statistics. This is what CIC wants you to believe, to make sure that if they decide to hold on to a few specific applications for a longer time, the applicants can't complain = bother them. In the mean time, they are pumping out the simple applications quite fast. Manila processes on average about 3000 spousals per year. Our spreadsheet has about 500 of those, quite a good sample - statistically speaking. The spreadsheet numbers don't support the 14 month / 80% data.

GabbieLovesAya

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
TeamGO said:
Yes and there is a bunch that applied after and are already in Canada. It appears that yours and mine (mine says the same - "application received") has not even been started, while many that applied after us have been started AND finished. And the government says all applications will be processed in the order they were received??? What a load of bull crap.

TeamGO

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-SEP-2013
AOR Received.
29-OCT-2013
Med's Request
23-OCT-2014 (Re-Med)
Med's Done....
06-JUN-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GabbieLovesAya said:
Don't count on the correctness of these statistics. This is what CIC wants you to believe, to make sure that if they decide to hold on to a few specific applications for a longer time, the applicants can't complain = bother them. In the mean time, they are pumping out the simple applications quite fast. Manila processes on average about 3000 spousals per year. Our spreadsheet has about 500 of those, quite a good sample - statistically speaking. The spreadsheet numbers don't support the 14 month / 80% data.
Please remember, as I stated in this post, these numbers are "non-Quebec" applications. The spreadsheet doesn't break these statistics out in the same way. Stay positive...after all, what else can you do?

Epsilon

Mar 18, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
04-08-2014 and 15-01-2015
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Request
Re- medical request 27-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/11/2015
LANDED..........
27/11/2015
Hi there

Need some help, my application was transferred to the manila office last may and in August there requested for additional documents( my police check from a foreign country I once lived in before and payment of my right to permanent residence which I did not pay upfront). I got the documents done and mailed to them and a month later my Ecas changed to IN PROCESS. My question is taking in to account the delay about how long do I have to wait to get a passport request? and is this a good sign that it is in process? Anyone in with similar case please share your experience.
Thanks

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Hi Epsilon,

I received SA in early March and my file was sent to Manila. In mid July they requested additional doc (police certificate from a foreign country I lived in, like you) and that was due by end of August. (I sent it in mid September.)

My ECAS says In Process since Aug 13. (so that's before they got my additional document)

To date, no changes in anything. Fedex says my document is delivered, but no word from Manila of course.

So I can't help you much, but I am assuming that because Manila handles such a high volume of applications, people who need to send in additional docs get put in a pile and probably they don't resume work on your file immediately when you send them in.

I ordered my GCMS notes to to find out what's going on - at this moment, that seems to be the most I can do to find out what's going on.