+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
DJC_06 said:
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)"

Got this e-mail this morning. The date they received the application listed in the e-mail is over 2 months old now though. Does this mean they simply got it or that they've started to process my application to sponsor?

That is your first stage of application for sponsor's approval

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
DJC_06 said:
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)"

Got this e-mail this morning. The date they received the application listed in the e-mail is over 2 months old now though. Does this mean they simply got it or that they've started to process my application to sponsor?
Wow. It seems like everyone's story is so different. I didn't receive or hear anything until they sent me a letter clearly stating that I had met the requirements to satisfy sponsorship. That was way back in January and I haven't heard anything since. But I did notice recently that their dates are wacko. I've been watching the website for any updated info on my file and up until yesterday it said it was last updated in April. Then yesterday it all of a sudden said it had been updated in May. Nothing changed and the dates are about a month off. Hope it means they are working on yours but it's hard to say. Btw, is your partner in the Philippines, Japan or Korea? Wonder if that makes any difference.

Heather.

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Hwseyl said:
Wow. It seems like everyone's story is so different. I didn't receive or hear anything until they sent me a letter clearly stating that I had met the requirements to satisfy sponsorship. That was way back in January and I haven't heard anything since. But I did notice recently that their dates are wacko. I've been watching the website for any updated info on my file and up until yesterday it said it was last updated in April. Then yesterday it all of a sudden said it had been updated in May. Nothing changed and the dates are about a month off. Hope it means they are working on yours but it's hard to say. Btw, is your partner in the Philippines, Japan or Korea? Wonder if that makes any difference.

Heather.
Hi Heather! What part in the website are you looking at? Is it the processing times? Since you are a December applicant, maybe it won't be too long before you hear from the Manila VO. Several December applicants, like myself, already have received their passport requests. :)

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
dollinexile said:
Hi Heather! What part in the website are you looking at? Is it the processing times? Since you are a December applicant, maybe it won't be too long before you hear from the Manila VO. Several December applicants, like myself, already have received their passport requests. :)
Hi

Yes, I've been watching how December people are getting passport requests and hoping ours does come soon. But I'm taking about the website where you can sign in and see your status. Since I got the letter in January I've bee signing in to see if anything changes. It has always said 1.application recieved 2. Medical recieved. But nothing else. However, if you look at the bottom of that page it also says "last updated." It was April 20th for ages until a few days ago when it changed to May something or other. But the date didn't change until June. So someone must have looked at the file in May. But why the date last updated didn't change until mid June is what I can't understand. And still no change to status.

Anyway, still waiting patiently. Hoping to hear something next week.

Heather

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
trewmenn said:
That is your first stage of application for sponsor's approval
No, it's not. It's just an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt). We got our SA about a week after the AOR.

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Do we need to translate our tagalog love letters and chats to English? If yes, who is allowed to translate? Thanks

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
bryanisip said:
Hi, Do we need to translate our tagalog love letters and chats to English? If yes, who is allowed to translate? Thanks
No you don't need to translate, they have people in the embassy who are fluent in Tagalog to read your letters. When was you AOR? Wish you a speedy results getting your visa. My wife and I waited 10 months from start to finish.

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkandElvie said:
No you don't need to translate, they have people in the embassy who are fluent in Tagalog to read your letters. When was you AOR? Wish you a speedy results getting your visa. My wife and I waited 10 months from start to finish.
Thanks! we didn't submit her application yet because she is not done with her medicals. wow only 10 months? I read that it takes about 2 months + 14 months to process and we have a big problem. Our local office doesn't endorse NSO marriage certificate for expedite and they said it will take 6 months to 1 year for us to get our NSO MC! :( anyways, we also have a question about dependants.. who is considered a dependant? do siblings considered dependants? Thanks.

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Hwseyl said:
Btw, is your partner in the Philippines, Japan or Korea? Wonder if that makes any difference.

Heather.
My partner and I live together in Japan. I am heading back to Canada in August for grad school with my wife. Planning on entering using the dual-intent provision.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
bryanisip said:
Thanks! we didn't submit her application yet because she is not done with her medicals. wow only 10 months? I read that it takes about 2 months + 14 months to process and we have a big problem. Our local office doesn't endorse NSO marriage certificate for expedite and they said it will take 6 months to 1 year for us to get our NSO MC! :( anyways, we also have a question about dependants.. who is considered a dependant? do siblings considered dependants? Thanks.
your children are considered dependants....
son or daughter...

You can apply and you don't need the NSO marriage certificate to apply.... you can use the CENOMAR, that will be enough,
if they request the NSO marriage in the future be ready, meanwhile you can send your application...

you even don't have to send the proof of medicals when you apply, best thing is to include the receipt they will provide you,
but you can apply without it also...
No need to delay your application, you can apply now... and do the rest later... they may not even ask for your NSO marriage certificate....

So, my advise is do it now...

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
DJC_06 said:
My partner and I live together in Japan. I am heading back to Canada in August for grad school with my wife. Planning on entering using the dual-intent provision.
We're also in japan going through the same process except we have three kids. Thank goodness they are duel citizens and I don't have to sponsor them as well.We plan on waiting until my husbands visa is approved through before heading over, since he's the main breadwinner. I'm hoping that won't be an issue for us since he already has a documented job offer. But I'm also worried because we are planning a trip to canada in the summer. Just for a week to look at houses etc.

Anyway, Did you get your approval yet??

Heather

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Just received acknowledgement that they received our application in Missi. for the sponsor portion last week (date in sig.). Hoping to hear news about my status as sponsor sometime soon. Checking the website everyday, but it always says it can't locate any information about our application. Hearing about an apartment we applied to live in today or tomorrow too! I'm all nerves recently...

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
bryanisip said:
Try a different NSO Office to get expedited.
The more you can include with your application up front the better you are. Requests from CEM add more time to process, most of the faster processed apps. never had a docs request. Were complete upon submission.

gt_65

Dec 17, 2013
Decision made today!!! Really quick turnaround from the Appendix A. E-cas changed to in process on June 18th.

gt_65

Dec 17, 2013
Question for the forum - does anyone know how long the applicant has to land in Canada once they get their VISA? Is there a generic deadline? Do they usually try for the medical date? Would appreciate feedback.

Thx
GT