+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
ericibebe said:
Hi guys,
I have a question.
My husband and I have PR card already ,and we born our baby girl in Japan. 2014 Feb.I send all documents of our daughter's sponsorship in Vancouver.I just got a e-mail form cic said our sponsor is approved on 2nd. June 2014 and send to Manila office already .(thanks God!)

I just want to know the case for a baby is as long as for spouse ???How long do I need to wait?

It's really suffering to be apart with my baby girl.too much tears.
I'm sorry. I don't know much about this process but why are you separated from your child? Are you and your husband both japanese? If you are, my understanding is that your baby can be with you in canada while you wait for pr for the child. I'm not exactly sure but separating a child from parents with pr seems strange.

Heather

ericibebe

Jun 13, 2014
Hwseyl said:
I'm sorry. I don't know much about this process but why are you separated from your child? Are you and your husband both japanese? If you are, my understanding is that your baby can be with you in canada while you wait for pr for the child. I'm not exactly sure but separating a child from parents with pr seems strange.

Heather
Thank you for reply.My husband and I are not Japanese.We are Chinese working in Tokyo for more than 10 years.We tried to apply vistor Visa for my daughter 3 times,but all refused.So I have to wait her alone in vancouver,and my husband have to stay in Japan with my daughter.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
ericibebe said:
Hi guys,
I have a question.
My husband and I have PR card already ,and we born our baby girl in Japan. 2014 Feb.I send all documents of our daughter's sponsorship in Vancouver.I just got a e-mail form cic said our sponsor is approved on 2nd. June 2014 and send to Manila office already .(thanks God!)

I just want to know the case for a baby is as long as for spouse ???How long do I need to wait?

It's really suffering to be apart with my baby girl.too much tears.
For child left back I have seen Manila time lines that are very short.. I don't know if parents have requested support from their member of Parliament,
But I am sure that if you write or contact your MP, he/she will be very happy to give a call to Manila, when an MP calls or send a letter Manila Office listens,
so, if you want to have a short time for your daughter to reunite with you, don't hesitate and pay a visit to your constituency office and talk to the people there,
they will help, If that doesn't work sent me a message and I will think what else can be done to get it done fast and easy.

Good luck

ericibebe

Jun 13, 2014
Awesomeg said:
For child left back I have seen Manila time lines that are very short.. I don't know if parents have requested support from their member of Parliament,
But I am sure that if you write or contact your MP, he/she will be very happy to give a call to Manila, when an MP calls or send a letter Manila Office listens,
so, if you want to have a short time for your daughter to reunite with you, don't hesitate and pay a visit to your constituency office and talk to the people there,
they will help, If that doesn't work sent me a message and I will think what else can be done to get it done fast and easy.

Good luck
Thank you!!!Thank you very much for very useful advice!
I will send Richmond MP a e-mail(Alice Wong) and visit her ASAP!
Thank you!

chach

Star Member
Jan 10, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2, 2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014, IN PROCESS August 13, 2014, DM Sept 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Received Sept 5, 2014
LANDED..........
NA
Step said:
Yes VISA will coincide with medical anniversary. ( unless meds are extended.)
wow, how did you get your visa so quickly?? doesn't it usually take several weeks?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
chach said:
wow, how did you get your visa so quickly?? doesn't it usually take several weeks?
Got a phone call from CEM May 29,2014. Officer asked me if my wife could land by July 13,2014 was told VISA was ready to be issued. Had 10 days to send Passport and Appendix A. Sent package to CEM 2 days later. VISA was issued June 4, but received June 6. 5 days from phone call to VISA in Hand.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
Got a phone call from CEM May 29,2014. Officer asked me if my wife could land by July 13,2014 was told VISA was ready to be issued. Had 10 days to send Passport and Appendix A. Sent package to CEM 2 days later. VISA was issued June 4, but received June 6. 5 days from phone call to VISA in Hand.
My wife got her DM last Friday, hopefully she'll get her visa in hand either today or tomorrow. I told her to call DHL to see if there is anything, so I'm sure when she gets up in the morning and makes her way to work, she'll be making that phone call. As soon as she has her visa in hand, she's going over to CFO to get her sticker, stamp and then back to work to clean out her desk.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Step said:
I think that is because her medicals were done on July 13, 2013 so if she comes here by July 13, 2014 she would not need to redo her medicals, that is why you got the call CEM.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Great News, my wife just got her visa delivered to her office. Now, all I have to do is book her plane ticket and get her here by next week. Wow, this has been a long, long, long journey but thank God visa is in hand and we can now move on with our lives together.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
Great News, my wife just got her visa delivered to her office. Now, all I have to do is book her plane ticket and get her here by next week. Wow, this has been a long, long, long journey but thank God visa is in hand and we can now move on with our lives together.
Great News, usually does not take long after DM.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
O_guy said:
I think that is because her medicals were done on July 13, 2013 so if she comes here by July 13, 2014 she would not need to redo her medicals, that is why you got the call CEM.
True, I have seen October Applicant with the same thing. Call to pick up VISA . But their medicals had already expired, officer must have extended theirs.

limejuice_23

Star Member
May 2, 2013
SINGAPORE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
June 3, 2013; Re-med done June 27, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014; sent May 20; re-sent July 1;
VISA ISSUED...
DM: JUL 28, 14
LANDED..........
God's Perfect Time
My medicals are expired already..last June 3rd, if I'm not mistaken.
Passport and documents have been with CEM since May 20th.
ECAS in-process since May 20th.
and, get this-im an OFW abroad and need my passport before July ends

Apart from the daily emails; one facsimile; and the occasional calls to the trunkline that gets transferred to the auto-recording; I don't know what else to do.

Can anyone help?

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Heh guys,

We are heading to canada for the summer and my husband will join us for a week. We're leaving a week before my husband so he'll be coming through immigration by himself. We do this every year and of course, up until now we've had no problem but I'm worried about this time. Would be nice if he had his visa by then but I can't see it. Anyone else from japan have this kind of experience?

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Maybe somebody can help me with this. My wife already took the seminar from CFO, has her certificate etc. etc. With her Visa she got today, there is a Canadian program available for new immigrants coming from the Philippines to Canada called CIIP (Canadian Immigration Integration Program). Does she have to do this before she is allowed to board her flight? Her flight is next Wednesday.
Is this seminar mandatory? Thanks