+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
wella13 said:
guys im with my hubby now...finally hehehhe.. thanks to all..
Congrats.. Now it is time to live your life.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
MarkandElvie said:
Has anyone else from May, June or July received their PPR's yet? I noticed that people in July are receiving theirs now but I haven't seen anything or heard anything in the last week or so here on the thread.
Still some May, June PPR's coming.

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Step said:
Still some May, June PPR's coming.
I just noticed on the spreadsheet that they are working on July now, a couple left from May and a few in June. Hopefully Step you and I will be hearing something in the next month or two, who know's maybe we'll get lucky and hear earlier.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
I just noticed on the spreadsheet that they are working on July now, a couple left from May and a few in June. Hopefully Step you and I will be hearing something in the next month or two, who know's maybe we'll get lucky and hear earlier.
Thanks, I too believe in the next month or 2 we will get PPR.FINALLY!!!!

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
My wife can't use the email address that she has on her application. Some how she's been locked out of it for a couple of months now, she's changed her email address, we informed CEM about the email address change, however the only thing we got back from CEM was a typical automated reply saying that our application is still within process time. How do I know that they will make the necessary change on the application?

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkandElvie said:
My wife can't use the email address that she has on her application. Some how she's been locked out of it for a couple of months now, she's changed her email address, we informed CEM about the email address change, however the only thing we got back from CEM was a typical automated reply saying that our application is still within process time. How do I know that they will make the necessary change on the application?

hi . yes you got only an automated reply but after that they will send you an email from the CEM itself , wait for another day then check email. ;) ;)

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
bananna said:
Thank you so much for your response. I really think he should be allowed to see what Canada is like before he decides to leave his business behind. :( I will look further into this but yes, I really hope we can get that TRV just so we can be together for a while.

Still trying to decide if I should go forward with a spousal sponsorship and be away from him for another year. :'( :'( :'(
I think you mentioned earlier that your husband has a business in the PH? Thats a pretty strong reason for his not over staying...if you decide to go for a TRV just be careful in how you word your invitation letter.
If he has previous travel experiences indicting his return to Philippines it certainly improves your chances of a TRV...if he gets it its a great experience and allows a good look at what life can be like here.

Mrs JGM has been here for a week now and she thinks being here previous to her Landing was a great help in her not feeling like a total stranger here!

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
MarkandElvie said:
If you're in Canada you can confirm it with the call center....shortly after I received our Sponsorship approval I spent some time with them confirming certain information such as email addresses and telephone numbers...

You can also use Case Specific Enquiry form and submit information like this for updating..."You may use this form if:

You have submitted an application.
Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond if your application is within normal processing times.
You wish to report important changes, such as a change in address, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment or urgent requests.
You wish to change or add a Representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476)."

FYI....

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
MarkandElvie said:

Oooops...forgot this...

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
Conjugal - same sex

Hi everyone - just to report after over 1 year of having my same sex partner living with me in Canada... life is wonderful! Yes it took around 3 years since the first time we met... but it 's all worth it. For those of you in the application process... don't dispair. Just make sure you put 100% effort in making your case solid.

How nice it is for me not having to travel to the Philippines to visit the one I love. Good luck to you all.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Conjugal - same sex

BC_guy said:
Hi everyone - just to report after over 1 year of having my same sex partner living with me in Canada... life is wonderful! Yes it took around 3 years since the first time we met... but it 's all worth it. For those of you in the application process... don't dispair. Just make sure you put 100% effort in making your case solid.

How nice it is for me not having to travel to the Philippines to visit the one I love. Good luck to you all.
Congrats!!! The system works as it supposed to most of the time.

Martin1

Apr 17, 2010
Bancroft, Ontario
Visa Office......
Manilla
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
Doc's Request.
26-10-2016
Med's Request
Re med 02-05-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
I am just curious...when I look at the side bar, where members write the dates of their application, on a few, I see Interview Waived. Any idea how common that is, and under which circumstances it would be waived? Obviously, there is overwhelming proof of a legitimate relationship...but what constitutes that? My process hasn't been started yet, as we have major issues getting documentation in order...spelling mistakes on birth certificates, children's custody, and the list goes on. Since we will be also applying for my step children, will this complicate the process?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Martin1 said:
I am just curious...when I look at the side bar, where members write the dates of their application, on a few, I see Interview Waived. Any idea how common that is, and under which circumstances it would be waived? Obviously, there is overwhelming proof of a legitimate relationship...but what constitutes that? My process hasn't been started yet, as we have major issues getting documentation in order...spelling mistakes on birth certificates, children's custody, and the list goes on. Since we will be also applying for my step children, will this complicate the process?
Well, originally I thought if you submit a lot of communication you had with your wife over some sort of a messenger service and records of phone calls, that would constitute as overwhelming prove of legitimate relationship. But I have a friend who submitted all of that and his wife was told she has to go to interview. The lady who interviewed his wife said the conversations they submitted was simple talk and nothing important.
Maybe they should have discussed taking over the world....lol.

And don't forget the importance of pictures of you two together and also you with her family.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
Martin1 said:
Reasons for having interview called, from what I understand:
1. Large age gap
2. Have'nt known each other long before marriage.
3. Married at first meeting.
4.little communication, chat, phone, visits.
Things like this, I have a feeling my wife and I will be receiving a interview request in the next couple months. Due to age gap,18 years difference.