+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

maradhen30

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 14-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-05-2014
bananna said:
Signed, thank you...
you're welcome :) Good luck to us all.

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
bananna said:
So you think that I should just proceed with a spousal sponsorship? We're been apart for a year already, and will be for a year and a half by the time I see him. I don't know if I can take anymore time away. :( Should I apply for my citizenship first so I can be with him while we wait? Because as a PR, I don't think I can be away from canada for a long time.

Thank you dollinexile
Hmm. You still can opt to apply. Who knows? They might give you one. But then again, there's a danger to it. If you ask me, I'd go for an outland application spousal sponsorship. That's what my husband and I did. 2 weeks after our wedding, he went back to Canada already. It has been a year since our wedding and he visited me again last month. I know its a painstaking process to go through but, either way, you still have to wait. Long or short waiting times, its still waiting. Besides, you still can go see him from time to time during the whole process and the good thing about it is that, you can also add your visits to strengthen your proof of a continuing relationship. :)

With regards to applying for a citizenship, I think you should ask the seniors about that. I don't know anything about it, at all. Haha.

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just lost my job today. after 4 years, our company closed.. I'm getting married this coming June and will sponsorship my wife. Is it still possible to sponsor my wife without a job? :(

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
bryanisip said:
I just lost my job today. after 4 years, our company closed.. I'm getting married this coming June and will sponsorship my wife. Is it still possible to sponsor my wife without a job? :(
The short answer is YES...

Suggest you take a look through this thread...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

And this...gives you an overview of the whole process...

The search tab on the top right of the screen is good for locating topics already discussed as well...

http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-financial-ability.html

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
bananna said:
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new here but seeing all your happy and joyous replies made me want to get to know all of you.

Currently, I'm in a bind. I don't know weather or not to sponsor my husband in-land or out-land.

• in-land - that means he needs to get a TRV first and we're not sure if that's possible. Is it very unlikely to grant a spouse a TRV? We were hoping to fly back here together after I finish my school and visit Manila for my 30th birthday!
  • out-land - that means being away from him even longer, right? Because as a PR, I'm not allowed to wait with him? Or can I send the sponsorship from within Canada then fly out to wait with him in Manila? Can I fly with him here to Canada? He has a fear of flying!

Here's my timeline
2003 - boyfriend & girlfriend ;)
2007 - became a PR
2010 - flew back to manila and got engaged
2012 - flew back to manila and got married
2013 - flew back to Canada to get my PR renewed, then went to school to pursue a new career
2014 - set to graduate this June, then fly back to manila in August

Should we do the TRV or the Sponsorship? How long would we have to wait?
I hope I can file his papers here then fly to Manila and wait with him. What do you guys recommend?

Please, any thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome. ;D

THANK YOU!
Its NOT impossible to obtain a TRV....however the rejection rate is fairly high from CEM...

Mrs JGM was able to obtain one...and I even stated in my "invitation" letter that the intent was to meet family and friends BEFORE OUR MARRIAGE...the issue is proving ties to the Philippines that would prove an overstay isnt likely..we almost did have the wedding here in Canada but decided to wait and YES...it meant a long separation with lots of trips back and forth..Currently the "stated" timeline from CEM is 14 months.. :eek:(

Going through the process Inland runs the risk that after the termination of the TRV...there wont be an extension granted and your partner would be required to leave most likely anyhow.

If you've got your citizenship then you could go and wait with .....if you have PR status unfortunately I believe that you're not eligible to be out of the country for extraordinarily lengths of time...see the criteria for maintaining your PR status..

As the time gets nearer...you could decide to go and wait with for the balance of the process....how long depends on your status....I just spent the last few months mostly in Negros, fortunately I was able to..and MRS JGM just "Landed" yesterday..so..it all depends on your circumstances whether you can wait with or not..

Good luck...suggest you take a look here at this thread...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
MarkandElvie said:
Can anybody who are applicants from July confirm that they have received a passport request from CEM?
Hi! I am a July applicant too . I submitted on July 2 but they received it on July 3, 2013, my timeline is on my profile on the left.

I received ppr last week from CEM asking for passport, appendix a and 2 recent pics on March 27 for submission within 45 days .

Yesterday, April 2 I received another ppr email slimming down the deadline within 10 days. They also said that my visa is ready for issue and is valid until June 28, 2014.

Today I submitted my passport to the Embassy thru DHL.

If you wish to see the progress of applicants in Manila VO, please see this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiqQW9CdV8Q_dGNKMzZPT2laaVRvQm1NMGhkaERFUHc#gid=0

Currently there are 6 of us who got ppr already. 1 has his DM and the other has her in process in ECAS.
Are you a July applicant too?? May I know your timeline? Thanks!! :) :)

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JGM613 said:
The short answer is YES...

Suggest you take a look through this thread...

And this...gives you an overview of the whole process...

The search tab on the top right of the screen is good for locating topics already discussed as well...
Thank you! but im worried that her application will get delayed because I dont have a job.. :(

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
mrsalvaro said:
Hi! I am a July applicant too . I submitted on July 2 but they received it on July 3, 2013, my timeline is on my profile on the left.

I received ppr last week from CEM asking for passport, appendix a and 2 recent pics on March 27 for submission within 45 days .

Yesterday, April 2 I received another ppr email slimming down the deadline within 10 days. They also said that my visa is ready for issue and is valid until June 28, 2014.

Today I submitted my passport to the Embassy thru DHL.

If you wish to see the progress of applicants in Manila VO, please see this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiqQW9CdV8Q_dGNKMzZPT2laaVRvQm1NMGhkaERFUHc#gid=0

Currently there are 6 of us who got ppr already. 1 has his DM and the other has her in process in ECAS.
Are you a July applicant too?? May I know your timeline? Thanks!! :) :)
Thats great news MrSalvo, I'm August 08th so hopefully if they are working down the line that I'll be hearing something in a month of so. Its been a long wait being away from my wife and everything, but hopefully soon there will some good news. For both of us its not easy, i just hope and pray to God Almighty that it won't be much longer. Congratulations, hope all goes well for you both!!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkandElvie said:
Thats great news MrSalvo, I'm August 08th so hopefully if they are working down the line that I'll be hearing something in a month of so. Its been a long wait being away from my wife and everything, but hopefully soon there will some good news. For both of us its not easy, i just hope and pray to God Almighty that it won't be much longer. Congratulations, hope all goes well for you both!!
Considering how long the wait is, did you consider submitting visitor visa application for your wife while waiting for the spousal sponsorship application?

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
O_guy said:
Considering how long the wait is, did you consider submitting visitor visa application for your wife while waiting for the spousal sponsorship application?
We've both talked about it so we feel it is better to just wait for her PR. I know there are some people who have gotten visitors visa while they are waiting, however you just don't know how CEM will effect your visa. As my immigration lawyer told me, you don't want to rock the boat too much when it comes to CEM. Sometimes they may take offence to what your doing. I know it sounds ludicrous, but it does happen. Will just have to be patient.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
O_guy said:
Very high rejection rate for people from non-VISA exempt countries. You have to show reasons why applicant will not overstay VISA, job, property owned. By having sponsorship application in process only hurts your chances of getting visitor VISA , because CIC fears stronger ties to Canada ( because of spouse)CIC worries of overstay once here.
I have looked at many angles to try and be together sooner,not many options out there.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
Can anybody tell me if they have started requesting passports for July or August 2014 spousal sponsorship applications? My AOR was Aug 8th, 2013.
May to July are receiving PPR's now. It's all over the board how requests are coming , no way to tell how CEM is sending out. Very frustrating.
But we are getting much closer now, August will come soon.

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
remeds: Oct 15, 2013
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
Smooth Landing!

Hi,

It's been a while since I posted here, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my wife happily landed in Calgary on March 28. We decided to take our two daughters to Disney California Adventure to celebrate her approval and COPR after a long (and I mean LONG) wait.
The immigration officer was professional and so nice and took his time to explain her rights and obligations and he welcomed her to Canada as a Permanent Resident.
It's been such a relief and now we can get on with planning for our future life in Canada!

Best wishes to all....

Scosan
April 3, 2014

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
Re: Smooth Landing!

scosan said:
Hi,

It's been a while since I posted here, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my wife happily landed in Calgary on March 28. We decided to take our two daughters to Disney California Adventure to celebrate her approval and COPR after a long (and I mean LONG) wait.
The immigration officer was professional and so nice and took his time to explain her rights and obligations and he welcomed her to Canada as a Permanent Resident.
It's been such a relief and now we can get on with planning for our future life in Canada!

Best wishes to all....

Scosan
April 3, 2014
If anyone deserves it, it's you my friend.Over 16 months to process is a disgrace.
Best wishes, now time to get on with your life.
Enjoy

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
Re: Smooth Landing!

Step said:
If anyone deserves it, it's you my friend.Over 16 months to process is a disgrace.
Best wishes, now time to get on with your life.
Enjoy

Right Step, congrats scosan, you deserve to be happy and be with your spouse by this time :) :) :)

It's very exciting to know that we're next Step :) ;D ;D :)

Hold back to your seats fellow August applicants, something great is coming to all of us pretty soon...Thanks to our Almighty who wonderfully provides all these good things for us...

God bless us all...

abscott :)