+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Oceantains

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Dec 2013
File Transfer...
30 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
18 Oct 2013
Passport Req..
20 June 2014 In Process......: 15 July 2014 Decision Made..: 30 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Aug 2014
DaveSav said:
I sent over 2000. Keep in mind that everyone has a different set of circumstances, we had a very short courtship and a quick marriage so I think it was appropriate to send more chat logs. This is not a one size fits all process and you will not ever run into problems for sending in too much information, you will never see someone denied because their file was too big ;) . 2000 pages and I was still processed fairly quickly, faster than i thought we would be.

I was very much expecting an interview for us, in my opinion the large amount of chat logs contributed to not having an interview. If we had a longer relationship prior to being married then i could see sending in less. but again different circumstances for everyone.
Thanks for sharing glad to know we not the first:)

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
GoonerClank said:
Thanks!

Looking at Feb 15th
Good....et voila.. I'll predict longer days and warmer nights are in your future!! :eek:) We haven't heard anything since the end of October...I think Im going to try to nudge with a specific case inquiry...the anniversary for her meds is quickly approaching....

For some reason I got booted off the forum and "banned" when I try to access here with my phone....Happened in Cambodia a few weeks ago...Im back in Philippines again and still cant access from my phone..I think it must have something to do with IP address the phone generates..?

Congrats again....happy for you that you're DONE with this nonsense!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
rowdboat said:
hi all! just a question for those who already landed ... were you guys required to show vaccination records or something of that sort? thanks in advance for the reply
when you get your visa they ask you to get a vaccination report filled out for school aged children,,,, it is not commonly asked for on entry,,,,but who knows if you don't have one they might ask for it,,,aldults don't require it,,,,and in new Brunswick now immunization is not forced,, its the parents choice if they want immunization but the schools require a a note from the parents,,,,and if an outbreak arises the children will be sent home from school

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
DaveSav said:
I sent over 2000. Keep in mind that everyone has a different set of circumstances, we had a very short courtship and a quick marriage so I think it was appropriate to send more chat logs. This is not a one size fits all process and you will not ever run into problems for sending in too much information, you will never see someone denied because their file was too big ;) . 2000 pages and I was still processed fairly quickly, faster than i thought we would be.

I was very much expecting an interview for us, in my opinion the large amount of chat logs contributed to not having an interview. If we had a longer relationship prior to being married then i could see sending in less. but again different circumstances for everyone.
Can you give me tips on how you organized your application?

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
JGM613 said:
Good....et voila.. I'll predict longer days and warmer nights are in your future!! :eek:) We haven't heard anything since the end of October...I think Im going to try to nudge with a specific case inquiry...the anniversary for her meds is quickly approaching....

For some reason I got booted off the forum and "banned" when I try to access here with my phone....Happened in Cambodia a few weeks ago...Im back in Philippines again and still cant access from my phone..I think it must have something to do with IP address the phone generates..?

Congrats again....happy for you that you're DONE with this nonsense!
Thanks,

Yeah definitely get the inquiry sent. Expiring medical is one of the reason why I was on the case with my MP. The problem is you only have a short time for your spouse to get everything organized.

Good luck with the process. It is frustrating to go through but when the end of it comes it is a huge relief.

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
gettingcrazy said:
Can you give me tips on how you organized your application?
For our application we put the form together. Then group the supporting documents (logs, pictures etc) based on the content. We also group the pictures based on trips. Supporting letters (i.e. family members from both sides wrote letters saying they knew about our relationship and that it was genuine etc.) were group together. And then any other documents. We also had a cover letter explaining our relationship and explained how the application was organized.

It is hard to tell you how to organize it as we don't know what you have. But when you do organize it, imagine if you are the officer who is about to assess it and organize it how you would like to see it if you were him/her

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
hello friends,

I just like to ask when is the right time to pay for the RPRF?

I haven't paid mine and the 2nd stage of my application is being process (spousal sponsorship)...

Should I pay it now? or should I wait for cic to request it from me?

If I pay it through a financial institution where would I send the receipt? My file is now at Edmonton office. is that where I'm going to send it?

Thank you!

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
GoonerClank said:
Thanks,

Yeah definitely get the inquiry sent. Expiring medical is one of the reason why I was on the case with my MP. The problem is you only have a short time for your spouse to get everything organized.

Good luck with the process. It is frustrating to go through but when the end of it comes it is a huge relief.
Case Specific Inquiry sent this morning...for whatever good it might do...we'll see..early February I start emailing my MP...

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
charmainefrances said:
hello friends,

I haven't paid mine and the 2nd stage of my application is being process (spousal sponsorship)...

If I pay it through a financial institution where would I send the receipt? My file is now at Edmonton office. is that where I'm going to send it?

Thank you!
We paid all of our fees previous to submitting the application and submitted the receipts with our application....we paid ours on-line here..if its payed before they ask for it...it eliminates additional time lag between when they ask and when they get...so sure....pay for it sooner than later.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do

Paying for it on-line generates a receipt for you and a reference number for CIC..make a copy or two and submit one...where to? Not sure..if your file is in Edmonton send it to Edmonton..though you might want to wait until you get you Sponsorship approval.When that happens you get your own UCI number...and you can include that UCI number on the receipt of maybe even during the on line payment process..

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
DaveSav said:

I feel like we are on the same boat :) do you mind giving me advice on organizing my application. thanks Dave!

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
GoonerClank said:
For our application we put the form together. Then group the supporting documents (logs, pictures etc) based on the content. We also group the pictures based on trips. Supporting letters (i.e. family members from both sides wrote letters saying they knew about our relationship and that it was genuine etc.) were group together. And then any other documents. We also had a cover letter explaining our relationship and explained how the application was organized.

It is hard to tell you how to organize it as we don't know what you have. But when you do organize it, imagine if you are the officer who is about to assess it and organize it how you would like to see it if you were him/her
thank you! im getting paranoid just fixing the proofs. i want to address all red flags in our application the best i could.

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
gettingcrazy said:
thank you! im getting paranoid just fixing the proofs. i want to address all red flags in our application the best i could.
Here...you folks that are organizing your app... check out this thread...its been around for a little while....but worth a look...some are more detailed...some not so much..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
charmainefrances said:
hello friends,

Thank you!

Pay it, get the receipt, send a copy of the receipt to Edmonton with the case number. When the passport is requested send a copy of the receipt with the passport request.

We paid ours early on when we applied.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
gettingcrazy said:
I feel like we are on the same boat :) do you mind giving me advice on organizing my application. thanks Dave!
With the 2000 pages I sent in a cover letter explaining all of our communication, my mom also communicated with her every few weeks on Skype and I sent that in as well. Knowing that it was a short courtship I tried to include as much as possible, Facebook posts, Facebook messages, western union receipts. Even if she doesn't need the money send her a bit every month if you can and keep all the receipts. I also made another trip about 6 months after the wedding and sent an update to Manila with additional photos, chat logs, western union receipts, Facebook posts, etc. I also got her a credit card on my account and had her do a bit of shopping every week using the credit card and included that in the 2nd package I sent directly to Manila. Added her as a life insurance beneficiary through my work plan and included proof of that.

I don't think it was as well organized as others but basically I included everything I could and wrote a cover letter explaining how often we communicated, how we met, why I married her with such a short courtship and exactly what we did during the 3 weeks I was there for the marriage as well as the 2nd trip. I didn't want to leave any questions unanswered and tried to be as thorough as possible. The cover letter from both the initial submission and the 2nd one i sent to Manila was about 4 or 5 pages.

As far as how it was organized I would follow this page, they did a much better job than i did: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

Edit: oops someone else posted the link already. Very good info on it.

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
DaveSav said:
With the 2000 pages I sent in a cover letter explaining all of our communication, my mom also communicated with her every few weeks on Skype and I sent that in as well. Knowing that it was a short courtship I tried to include as much as possible, Facebook posts, Facebook messages, western union receipts. Even if she doesn't need the money send her a bit every month if you can and keep all the receipts. I also made another trip about 6 months after the wedding and sent an update to Manila with additional photos, chat logs, western union receipts, Facebook posts, etc. I also got her a credit card on my account and had her do a bit of shopping every week using the credit card and included that in the 2nd package I sent directly to Manila. Added her as a life insurance beneficiary through my work plan and included proof of that.

I don't think it was as well organized as others but basically I included everything I could and wrote a cover letter explaining how often we communicated, how we met, why I married her with such a short courtship and exactly what we did during the 3 weeks I was there for the marriage as well as the 2nd trip. I didn't want to leave any questions unanswered and tried to be as thorough as possible. The cover letter from both the initial submission and the 2nd one i sent to Manila was about 4 or 5 pages.

As far as how it was organized I would follow this page, they did a much better job than i did: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html

Edit: oops someone else posted the link already. Very good info on it.
Thanks! We plan to submit our Application before April.
however my husband next trip would be on December 2014.
oh how i do hope my application turns out smoothly as yours :(