+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
JGM613 said:
Its all about the money isnt it...but better safe than sorry..cant remember who it was recently commenting about the "medicals" scam...think his situation was regarding questionable xrays...remed I think ...maybe Dan from Surrey..first set of xrays were questionable and had to return to have them re done...meanwhile...his wife went to a clinic or hospital and had them done there...remarkably they were fine.. :eek:(

My wife underwent a similar scam in Cebu where she ended up having the medicals done...and had to pay for a second urinalysis...same idea...she went to a clinic or hospital...had them done there...and there was NO issue with her test results...just a few hours after the tests done at the "sanctioned" med clinic!

Bass Turds!
WELL WHAT I KNOW FROM THE URINE TEST IS YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A HIGH COUNT ONE DAY (some kind of enzeme) and the next day it is lowered and that is what they want to actually see that the womans body can clean this enzeme out,,,,,,,,,,usually young bocu juice does the trick

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
JGM613 said:
Its all about the money isnt it...but better safe than sorry..cant remember who it was recently commenting about the "medicals" scam...think his situation was regarding questionable xrays...remed I think ...maybe Dan from Surrey..first set of xrays were questionable and had to return to have them re done...meanwhile...his wife went to a clinic or hospital and had them done there...remarkably they were fine.. :eek:(

My wife underwent a similar scam in Cebu where she ended up having the medicals done...and had to pay for a second urinalysis...same idea...she went to a clinic or hospital...had them done there...and there was NO issue with her test results...just a few hours after the tests done at the "sanctioned" med clinic!

Bass Turds!
Yes, that was me. And miraculously after that second set of X-rays, and the second opinion from her local hospital, and taking it to my MP, the second round of X-rays and such from the quack in Baguio, are miraculously acceptable! Go figure. Jerk offs.

Oh well it is only money, been bleeding it for the last couple of years now, what is another pocket or two full of it now. Wife's application is supposed to be up for yet another damned review on the 16th, we will see what comes at that. Props to my MP's office, they have been very proactive in following things up for us.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Dan_from_Surrey said:
Yes, that was me. And miraculously after that second set of X-rays, and the second opinion from her local hospital, and taking it to my MP, the second round of X-rays and such from the quack in Baguio, are miraculously acceptable! Go figure. Jerk offs.

Oh well it is only money, been bleeding it for the last couple of years now, what is another pocket or two full of it now. Wife's application is supposed to be up for yet another damned review on the 16th, we will see what comes at that. Props to my MP's office, they have been very proactive in following things up for us.
good luck on the 16th DAN,,,,,life is good here on the other side of the fence,,,,you will forget most of the bull*censored word* that you went through once she lands here,,,,,so many things to do now,,,,but at least we have the control not CEM,,,16 is a lucky number,,,i was born on the 16th,,,,,Mike Walton of the Toronto maple leafs was my favourite player #16,,,,,most of you people are to young to remember him lol

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
im off to bed,,,,hopefully there is room for me ,,, I see the 2 kids snuck in there already

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
Steph C said:
Hey JGM! Hope the trip was good! If your wife changed her passport to her married name she would have had to attend CFO.
Yup...she had her passport changed as soon as she got the marriage certificate..updating her passport was easy....we submitted all our docs with her married name...and...YES....my time there is MOSTLY always good...HATE coming back here...its getting chilly here again..

Beach tours are always HIGH on our list of things to do there...looked at a lot in Sipalay...down the coast from Bacolod..a six hour Ceres journey...just to start getting some ideas of prices if we decide to NOT wait for her Canadian Visa..

Tagum and Dan....her medical exam...and urinalysis...she went directly to a hospital for a second opinion...before going back for her second test at the "sanctioned" lab...it was fine at the hospital or clinic wherever she went....and yes,...they talked about the same thing...drink buko juice!

The "sanctioned" testing facility wouldn't show her the results..or even tell her what they were...she got detailed report from the unsanctioned lab...she's a pharmacist and nurse..two degrees...and she knew right away that they were scamming her!@

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
im off to bed,,,,hopefully there is room for me ,,, I see the 2 kids snuck in there already
make sure to turn the looney tunes on early tomorrow and lock the bedroom door!

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
Thanks rowdboat :) I was asking my husband if we should get another set of notes while we wait. He was like, why would we waste $5? I told him he was being cheap, and that $5 was worth it compared to the $100 parking ticket he had to pay for a few weeks ago :p

I think my husband and his family got scammed when they did their medicals before. Almost all of them had to have X-rays redone because supposedly they messed it up. Then the younger sisters were forced to take pregnancy tests because they couldn't remember the dates of their last periods. From what I understand, they only need to know the date of the last period to make sure the lady isn't pregnant so they can defer the X-rays, yeah? I was so pissed about that. Last time I checked, that clinic was removed from CEM's list. Ugh, so annoying.

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
goldenkagi said:
Thanks rowdboat :) I was asking my husband if we should get another set of notes while we wait. He was like, why would we waste $5? I told him he was being cheap, and that $5 was worth it compared to the $100 parking ticket he had to pay for a few weeks ago :p

I think my husband and his family got scammed when they did their medicals before. Almost all of them had to have X-rays redone because supposedly they messed it up. Then the younger sisters were forced to take pregnancy tests because they couldn't remember the dates of their last periods. From what I understand, they only need to know the date of the last period to make sure the lady isn't pregnant so they can defer the X-rays, yeah? I was so pissed about that. Last time I checked, that clinic was removed from CEM's list. Ugh, so annoying.
Wow, I think they need to start bringing in some FTW's into the Phils to run those XRAY machines, obviously the people being trained there are having some issues getting the job done :)

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
goldenkagi said:

Well some got their notes 2 or 3 times it doesn't hurt :D

Sad to hear about those x-rays ... where did your husband and his family take their medicals? Sounds really like a scam to me! It's alarming because a lot of people in this forum have some bad experiences about taking their medicals and to think a lot more applicants are not part of this forum. Did they get scammed as well? hmmm

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
My wife officially landed today at the Peace Bridge. No problems. Monday is SIN and bank account day.

On a side note. My wife was surprised at the vast difference in countries encountered by just crossing a bridge. It didn't help that one of the stops was a Wal Mart in a run down part of Buffalo :D

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
Dan, I've never seen X-ray techs more incompetent than those, really. Because in the hospital, they'll retake it for free if they mess up. BUt regularly, they don't mess up so there. Boo.

rowdboat, it was Timbol something. They're no longer in the Panel Physician list, thank goodness. Imagine how many people they scammed!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
"scam" (Tagalog Reference Dictionary) - pron. skam; entrepreneurial profitable method for successful business;

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
hucards said:
My wife officially landed today at the Peace Bridge. No problems. Monday is SIN and bank account day.

On a side note. My wife was surprised at the vast difference in countries encountered by just crossing a bridge. It didn't help that one of the stops was a Wal Mart in a run down part of Buffalo :D
My wife cant get her bank account,,,she doesn't have a drivers licence or PR card,,,,,there is some kinds of IMM?? forms you can have ,,,but the COPR is not listed

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
goldenkagi said:
Dan, I've never seen X-ray techs more incompetent than those, really. Because in the hospital, they'll retake it for free if they mess up. BUt regularly, they don't mess up so there. Boo.

rowdboat, it was Timbol something. They're no longer in the Panel Physician list, thank goodness. Imagine how many people they scammed!
yeah just think if they told the sisters they might be pregnant and needed another test lol

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
My wife cant get her bank account,,,she doesn't have a drivers licence or PR card,,,,,there is some kinds of IMM?? forms you can have ,,,but the COPR is not listed
That's weird. We got her SIN then brought that and her passport to open her account. We used TD. She applied for a credit card to build her credit and we find out tomorrow. Everything is going smoothly...but we haven't changed her driver's license or applied for a health card yet so I'm thinking that's where the hell begins.