+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
not only CEM, also LVO ;D

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
Congrats Tagum! Your family has finally begun their journey to you.

And about winter clothes, I agree, the coats we have here in the Philippines are not enough. I nearly froze my butt off in Harbin, China a few winters ago. It was only -20, -25 degrees. Had to buy a big puffy jacket there. The really good winter coats, when available here, are ridiculously priced. Better off buying in Canada to save luggage space too.

It's already fall, so Uniqlo has started rolling out their F/W collections. For layering, buy some Heat Tech undergarments. I like that they're thin but they do make a good warm, first layer. They will go on sale very so often.

I've been away from the forum for days and no visas? Come on CEM, start giving out some more!!

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
goldenkagi said:
Congrats Tagum! Your family has finally begun their journey to you.

And about winter clothes, I agree, the coats we have here in the Philippines are not enough. I nearly froze my butt off in Harbin, China a few winters ago. It was only -20, -25 degrees. Had to buy a big puffy jacket there. The really good winter coats, when available here, are ridiculously priced. Better off buying in Canada to save luggage space too.

It's already fall, so Uniqlo has started rolling out their F/W collections. For layering, buy some Heat Tech undergarments. I like that they're thin but they do make a good warm, first layer. They will go on sale very so often.

I've been away from the forum for days and no visas? Come on CEM, start giving out some more!!
I think you, me and cranberries follow a very similar timeline (Jan 2013). My MP inquired at CEM and they said I'm on queue for eligibility assessment although initial assessment is done. We should be near the finish line. My wife's meds have been extended by a month. She did hers on the 10th of December. I guess yours has been extended too

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
jan 24 2013 (cem received feb 5)
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
july 4 2013 (sent July 8 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
Tagum i pray for your wife's safe flight later .. I hope you are aware of the huge storm there

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
marcjd said:
Tagum i pray for your wife's safe flight later .. I hope you are aware of the huge storm there
yes she did say it was raining cats and dogs when I talked to her7 hours ago,,,,but I will check the weather,,,,it says thunderstorms thunderstorms thunderstorms for yhe next week

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
jan 24 2013 (cem received feb 5)
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
july 4 2013 (sent July 8 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
hahha pile up of delayed flights there .. as cnn said it was the biggest storm in this planet this year ..

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
1 day 16 hours 30 minutes ??????? :( :( :( :( I just checked all the flights schedules for manila and all is on time as scheduled

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Pauluz said:
I guess you're right. I was posted in esquimalt when I worked for the CF. Didn't see any poor folks in Victoria. Same observation noted in Comox, Nanaimo and Prince Rupert
My home town. moose loves it in Esquimalt the most. He loves to go to the original Tim Hortons that was the first one just for you Ontario types posted here :) here you will find more lower income ppl than the rest of town.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
THE JOURNEY sept 23 12 noon leave tagum taxi Philippine time,,,,,,2 pm arrive Davao airport,,,,,4pm depart to manila,,,,,6 pm arrive manila.....7pm arrive hotel.........sept 24 8am go to CFO,,,,,,,12 noon taxi to terminal 2,,,,,,,1 pm arrive terminal 2,,,,,,7pm depart manila for Vancouver,,,,,,,,,sept 24 Vancouver time 4pm arrive Vancouver,,,,,,12 midnite depart Vancouver,,,,,,,sept 25 montreal time arrive 7:44am,,,,,,depart montereal 8:55am arrive Moncton time 11:22,,,,,,,58 hour journey,,,,never ending love
Did you stomp out those bed bugs yet? :p Happy Trip to Anne, I'm so happy for you guys..

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
Did you stomp out those bed bugs yet? :p Happy Trip to Anne, I'm so happy for you guys..
nope not yet,,,got the bathroom all clean and almost past out from using scrub free and spray 9,,,,,,,the kichens almost done and the bedroom will get done tomorrow morning b4 I leave,,,,,the rest of the house will be in ruins as I just don't use it,,,,that will be her job,,,5 other bedrooms and the basement packed with junk,,,and the living room I have not used for 5 years except a play room for bebots toys

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
no we will sleep on the floor,,,,i gave them the mattress
Hey Tagum you're not serious about bed bugs are you? In Ontario I used to work and live in a hostel in exchange for free rent.. The bedbugs were terrible.. We had to insulate and heat the rooms to fry them at 40 degrees + for 12 hours.. Then flip the mattresses and do it again.. Even after all that a big bedbug would struggle out like a post apocalyptic survivor and I would have to stomp it out with my foot... Between heatings I would go to the corner store and buy that alcohol that's so strong you have to ask for it from behind the counter.. Put it in a spray bottle and spray down all the nooks and crannies.. I wouldn't wish bed bugs on my worst enemy. If you wanna know where they are hiding check for the brown poo streaks... Ugh.. I will never stay in a Hostel in my life. At least now I'm an expert on the little suckers and can check any hotel room... that is if you want to know.. good luck sleeping though. Just a tip guys, always use luggage racks in hotels, keep all your stuff in the suitcase... Check the seams of the pillow, they love it there. Those little fuckers can live a year without food.. But once they find a food source they are loyal to it.. Remove the mattress they will find you on the floor.. You need to be on a bed frame with legs, pull it from the wall and put the legs in cups of alcohol.. If they get desperate they will climb to the ceiling and dive bomb you.

Anyways Tagum those are my cleaning tips, but you're probably on cloud 9, have a great time and harvest those potatoes and enjoy all those firsts.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
Hey Tagum you're not serious about bed bugs are you? In Ontario I used to work and live in a hostel in exchange for free rent.. The bedbugs were terrible.. We had to insulate and heat the rooms to fry them at 40 degrees + for 12 hours.. Then flip the mattresses and do it again.. Even after all that a big bedbug would struggle out like a post apocalyptic survivor and I would have to stomp it out with my foot... Between heatings I would go to the corner store and buy that alcohol that's so strong you have to ask for it from behind the counter.. Put it in a spray bottle and spray down all the nooks and crannies.. I wouldn't wish bed bugs on my worst enemy. If you wanna know where they are hiding check for the brown poo streaks... Ugh.. I will never stay in a Hostel in my life. At least now I'm an expert on the little suckers and can check any hotel room... that is if you want to know.. good luck sleeping though. Just a tip guys, always use luggage racks in hotels, keep all your stuff in the suitcase... Check the seams of the pillow, they love it there. Those little *censored word*ers can live a year without food.. But once they find a food source they are loyal to it.. Remove the mattress they will find you on the floor.. You need to be on a bed frame with legs, pull it from the wall and put the legs in cups of alcohol.. If they get desperate they will climb to the ceiling and dive bomb you.

Anyways Tagum those are my cleaning tips, but you're probably on cloud 9, have a great time and harvest those potatoes and enjoy all those firsts.
nope never seen a bed bug in my life,,,except the x gf,,,,,,,just got a lot of clothes piled here and there I don't wear,,,maybe some dirty underwear and dirty socks under the bed lol

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
just called anne the CFO is done 2 passports stamped,,,she is at the calenderias near her hotel,,,,,next on the schedule is the taxi to terminal 2 in 2 hours 36 hours 19 minutes

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
The jihad against the infidel bed bugs continues

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
Steph C said:
Hey Tagum you're not serious about bed bugs are you? In Ontario I used to work and live in a hostel in exchange for free rent.. The bedbugs were terrible.. We had to insulate and heat the rooms to fry them at 40 degrees + for 12 hours.. Then flip the mattresses and do it again.. Even after all that a big bedbug would struggle out like a post apocalyptic survivor and I would have to stomp it out with my foot... Between heatings I would go to the corner store and buy that alcohol that's so strong you have to ask for it from behind the counter.. Put it in a spray bottle and spray down all the nooks and crannies.. I wouldn't wish bed bugs on my worst enemy. If you wanna know where they are hiding check for the brown poo streaks... Ugh.. I will never stay in a Hostel in my life. At least now I'm an expert on the little suckers and can check any hotel room... that is if you want to know.. good luck sleeping though. Just a tip guys, always use luggage racks in hotels, keep all your stuff in the suitcase... Check the seams of the pillow, they love it there. Those little *censored word*ers can live a year without food.. But once they find a food source they are loyal to it.. Remove the mattress they will find you on the floor.. You need to be on a bed frame with legs, pull it from the wall and put the legs in cups of alcohol.. If they get desperate they will climb to the ceiling and dive bomb you.

Hey tagum I thought you were gonna just give up and let em have the bed and you're just gonna sleep on the floor?