+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
GoonerClank said:
This is the first I have heard of this. Do you have a link or reference?
I think she is talking about the VAC which is changing hands,,,,someone elses turn to collect money

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
jan 24 2013 (cem received feb 5)
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
july 4 2013 (sent July 8 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
I think she is talking about the VAC which is changing hands,,,,someone elses turn to collect money
they are closing the existing one and a new handler will be handling all the apps ... i think .. but clearly this is a step that would slow us down hahaha .. they have to transfer all the files to the new office .. whew ..

lizzyhir

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
17-11-2013
Important Announcement from the Canadian Embassy, Manila

Important announcementA NEW visa application centre (VAC) will be opening in Manila on July 3 and will be located at 6F Unit 608, Ecoplaza Bldg, Chino Roces Ave Ext., Pasong Tamo Ext., Makati City. The current VAC in Manila operated by PIASI will continue to serve applicants until that time. Please refer to the PIASI website to check cut-off dates for submitting your application before it closes.

Another VAC will also be opening in the Philippines on July 3. The VAC will be located in Cebu on the 9th Floor Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop cor, Cardinal Rosales Ave, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City. Updates will be provided on the mission site when available

Please be informed that effective 03 July 2013, a new service provider will be handling the acceptance of visa applications for the Embassy of Canada in Manila. Full details will be available on the Embassy website.

Effective July 02, 2013, PIASI's courier pick-up & delivery service of visa applications for Canada will cease. Please take note of the following important dates:

24 Jun 2013 - Final date of pick-up of visa applications by PIASI from outside Metro Manila
26 Jun 2013 - Final date of pick-up of visa applications by PIASI from within Metro Manila

We urge all visa applicants who intend to submit an application through PIASI's courier service to contact the PIASI Call Centre to book your courier pick-up service PRIOR to the above dates. Please note that all passports/documents submitted through PIASI's courier service will also be delivered back to the applicant (by courier) after visa processing by the embassy.

Here's the link: http://www.via.ph/

Got this from the manila visa office thread. Got confused. If there will be a new VAC does that mean all our applications will be transferred or the previous VAC will have to finish the applications that were received within their contract?

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
lizzyhir said:
Important Announcement from the Canadian Embassy, Manila

Important announcementA NEW visa application centre (VAC) will be opening in Manila on July 3 and will be located at 6F Unit 608, Ecoplaza Bldg, Chino Roces Ave Ext., Pasong Tamo Ext., Makati City. The current VAC in Manila operated by PIASI will continue to serve applicants until that time. Please refer to the PIASI website to check cut-off dates for submitting your application before it closes.

Another VAC will also be opening in the Philippines on July 3. The VAC will be located in Cebu on the 9th Floor Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop cor, Cardinal Rosales Ave, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City. Updates will be provided on the mission site when available

Please be informed that effective 03 July 2013, a new service provider will be handling the acceptance of visa applications for the Embassy of Canada in Manila. Full details will be available on the Embassy website.

Effective July 02, 2013, PIASI's courier pick-up & delivery service of visa applications for Canada will cease. Please take note of the following important dates:

24 Jun 2013 - Final date of pick-up of visa applications by PIASI from outside Metro Manila
26 Jun 2013 - Final date of pick-up of visa applications by PIASI from within Metro Manila

We urge all visa applicants who intend to submit an application through PIASI's courier service to contact the PIASI Call Centre to book your courier pick-up service PRIOR to the above dates. Please note that all passports/documents submitted through PIASI's courier service will also be delivered back to the applicant (by courier) after visa processing by the embassy.

Here's the link: http://www.via.ph/

Got this from the manila visa office thread. Got confused. If there will be a new VAC does that mean all our applications will be transferred or the previous VAC will have to finish the applications that were received within their contract?

Ahhh thanks...

Not sure... Probably ones that have not started being processed yet will get transferred.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
GoonerClank said:
Ahhh thanks...

Not sure... Probably ones that have not started being processed yet will get transferred.
I think this is for the TRV and work permits

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Tagum-N.B. said:
I think this is for the TRV and work permits
Yeah, I was wondering about that too now.. After reading up on VAC and Philippine embassy website. Looks like it.

lizzyhir

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
17-11-2013
Closest VAC locations:

Manilla, Philippines Note: This VAC will close on July 2, 2013. A new VAC will open in Manila on July 3, 2013. Applications that were submitted to the PIASI VAC prior to its closure will continue to be processed. You do not need to contact the visa office. The Canadian Embassy in Manila will contact you to return your passport.

Cebu, Phillipines (opening July 3, 2013)
VACs accept applications for:

>study permits

>work permits

>visitor visas (temporary resident visa)

>travel documents for permanent residents -aren't we included to this one?

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
lizzyhir said:
Closest VAC locations:

Manilla, Philippines Note: This VAC will close on July 2, 2013. A new VAC will open in Manila on July 3, 2013. Applications that were submitted to the PIASI VAC prior to its closure will continue to be processed. You do not need to contact the visa office. The Canadian Embassy in Manila will contact you to return your passport.

>study permits

>work permits

spousal visas are sent to missisaugua,,,,,this is a business profit organization,,,making money off of phone lines

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
lizzyhir said:
Closest VAC locations:

>study permits

>work permits

When you get a request (i.e. PPR or additional documents) in the form of a email or mail.. you will be given an address to send it to. So you should not have to worry.

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
Ok with out trying to read all the thread I have missed in the last few days....

Congrats Mr and Mrs. CJG!!!!!! good to see you two are finally back together and done (aside from the paper work on this side of the puddle)

StephC Kokanee? really? ;D good to see things going well for you guys!

Tagnum and scos, come on hurry up you two! we is routing fer ya!

Been busy the last couple of weekends, it is weird my missus has been gone two years today (Jezuuz) last weekend I started putting stuff into boxes and making room for her and our son. It is unbelievable how much crap you can collect in two years. I am an avid scale modeler, and 42 boxes of crap later finally got it all packed up and crammed into my little storage room room here.

The boxes and amount of accumulated crap where almost a smack in the head, of just how long it has been for this process, because most of it was acquired since my misses has been gone, and it showed me just how much you really do lose track of time, and are literally stuck, in limbo with this whole ordeal. It is only since getting the PPR that we can finally feel we are starting to wake after a very long sleep, and once again starting to reclaim lives and time lost.

So this week between work and Union business I will fit in some more clean up with organizing crap to be simply trashed and tossed, as I get ready to spend next weekend and the following week building a loft bed and desk set up for the kid, got all the lumber in the garage right now and ready to go. The little one is quite excited "Papa Dan" is building him his own bed, so I look forward to being able to send some in progress pics starting this weekend.

I notice some new names in the thread, hey peeps welcome aboard! hopefully the process goes fast for all of you!

Ok now, as you where. ;)

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Dan_from_Surrey said:
Ok with out trying to read all the thread I have missed in the last few days....

Congrats Mr and Mrs. CJG!!!!!! good to see you two are finally back together and done (aside from the paper work on this side of the puddle)

StephC Kokanee? really? ;D good to see things going well for you guys!

Tagnum and scos, come on hurry up you two! we is routing fer ya!

Been busy the last couple of weekends, it is weird my missus has been gone two years today (Jezuuz) last weekend I started putting stuff into boxes and making room for her and our son. It is unbelievable how much crap you can collect in two years. I am an avid scale modeler, and 42 boxes of crap later finally got it all packed up and crammed into my little storage room room here.

The boxes and amount of accumulated crap where almost a smack in the head, of just how long it has been for this process, because most of it was acquired since my misses has been gone, and it showed me just how much you really do lose track of time, and are literally stuck, in limbo with this whole ordeal. It is only since getting the PPR that we can finally feel we are starting to wake after a very long sleep, and once again starting to reclaim lives and time lost.

So this week between work and Union business I will fit in some more clean up with organizing crap to be simply trashed and tossed, as I get ready to spend next weekend and the following week building a loft bed and desk set up for the kid, got all the lumber in the garage right now and ready to go. The little one is quite excited "Papa Dan" is building him his own bed, so I look forward to being able to send some in progress pics starting this weekend.

I notice some new names in the thread, hey peeps welcome aboard! hopefully the process goes fast for all of you!

Ok now, as you where. ;)

Great to hear that things are moving along for you. The end of the ordeal will be near for you.

deadly_deathscyhe

Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2012
AOR Received.
October 10, 2012
File Transfer...
October 10, 2012
Passport Req..
still waiting
Hi. i wonder whats happening with CEM these days. I got a letter from them requesting for RRPF and remedical for my spouse last april of this yr. That's all set and done but they still havent got back to me. They say it takes 45 days for them to respond back but i havent heard anything from them yet. pls shed me some light here.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
deadly_deathscyhe said:
Hi. i wonder whats happening with CEM these days. I got a letter from them requesting for RRPF and remedical for my spouse last april of this yr. That's all set and done but they still havent got back to me. They say it takes 45 days for them to respond back but i havent heard anything from them yet. pls shed me some light here.
Call the doctor and get the date that they forwarded the medical. Then email CEM with those dates and a request for them to follow up.

deadly_deathscyhe

Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2012
AOR Received.
October 10, 2012
File Transfer...
October 10, 2012
Passport Req..
still waiting
you thnk its advisable? wont it cause any delays even further?

Steph C said:
Call the doctor and get the date that they forwarded the medical. Then email CEM with those dates and a request for them to follow up.

Adam213

Jun 13, 2013
Hello and thank you for hellp
What would be after medical exam and payment RPRF done?interview or passport reqeust?