+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buddy...I'd love to tell them anything...but no number...email....fax....DHL rep....etc. will work....Both me and my wife have been trying, all night/day (depending on flippin' continent) And no answers....connections...forwards...nothing...

UM....Cross our fingers they can find their mouths?
And my wife's passport?

That's option 1....and only option!

Cheers!!

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Luckyman said:
Buddy...I'd love to tell them anything...but no number...email....fax....DHL rep....etc. will work....Both me and my wife have been trying, all night/day (depending on flippin' continent) And no answers....connections...forwards...nothing...

UM....Cross our fingers they can find their mouths?
And my wife's passport?

That's option 1....and only option!

Cheers!!

I am really sorry for the hell you are going through. This is total BS what you are going through. I hope you get it rectified really soon.

When you get this done I would be informing the privacy commission about this. This is totally unacceptable.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^
I've got plaaaaaans for an all out attack... But sorry to say, I don't have strength for that until Wifey is the last thing I see before sleep!..

(video IM doesn't count)

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
What would be really freaky is if you find out in a few weeks that your "wife" landed already. I can see it now.

YOU: "That wasn't my wife, she is still in the Philippines!"

CEM: "Are you sure?"

:eek:

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
Oh boy....you guys are gonna love this!!

Just when I thought our hands were washed of CEM....it got really....really...really messy!!!

So here it goes....keep in mind that those of you with extended timelines.....if you thought that part was rough....the final stage is the worst!!...especially with no correspondence, and the possibility of human error...WHAT YOU SAY!, human error???.......CEM...NOOOO, of course not...haha!!

Well here it goes....you better sit down for this:

So, I posted earlier the tracking number sent to me from my MP as quoted from a forwarded email from the re-manil email address.....upon tracking I got super excited noting that the package was "out for delivery"

Yep...that would make anyone in our position almost come to tears....So to further the situation, lone behold, my wife gets a call that her package is in Lagazpi and it WILL most certainly be delivered tomorrow...YAY!!

So She called back...noting any possibly weather conditions to absolutely confirm the shipment WILL be delivered tomorrow....YES MAMN!, that's certain.

At this point I waste no time, because we are so excited to see each other we feel dizzy since decision made, and sometimes sick to our stomach that this may actually happen (you know the feeling)

So....I book the first flights I can find....ya, maybe jumping the gun a little, but wouldn't you??

Masbate city to manila all taken already....so wife can take fast craft to Pillar port, then taxi to lagazpi airport to catch a flight from there......OH NO...PAL all booked....hmmmmmm, lets try cebu pacific air....hey that's good!!

But at 7600 php, it's not quite a bargain, but a couple hundred CAD compared to months and months apart....we don't care...we just want to be in each others arms....booked, email confirmation...DONE!

Next...Manila to edmonton......the first couple websites I tried were US only, upon checkout (thanks for the alert before ADDING TO CART!!)...but CheapOAir...had the perfect flight......Manila Vancouver (12hrs) 4.5 hr layover for immigration in Vancouver, then van to edm.....YAY!!!!......but at 1300CAD+, not quite a deal...but hey, like I said....considering a lifetime together, a couple hundred bucks either way is justifiable.....and.....couple hundred compared to several hundred days......I'd say that's worth it...hands down!!!!

Booked....DONE!

At this point we can't believe that in literally 3 days we will be able to gaze in each others eyes....in bed....our bed......our home.......our marriage... family....life!!!!......YAY!!!!!!

WAIT FOR IT............WAIT......

Now....I'm going to change gears for a minute, to note that I sent a couple emails to CEM asking for tracking number, and shipping method as should be a STANDARD OF PRACTICE FOR IDENTITY DOCUMENTS.....and it wasn't until I contacted my MP that I got a response with the "said" tracking number........Also noting in email correspondence that I'd like the tracking in order to rectify any human error that may arise......hey....it's possible...right??

Flights all booked...and sleeping...finally!!

What...my phone is ringing....ok, check it.....18 messages from my wife....last one....we have a serious problem...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

WELL...Here it goes......ready for this!!!!

DHL contacts my wife stating that due to the concerning emails I sent regarding desire for tracking etc etc....they opening my wifes package to verify the documents.....and LONE BEHOLD!!!!

THE CONTENTS WERE FOR SOMEONE ELSE......BUT ENVELOPE HAD MY WIFE'S NAME AND ADDRESS.....HMMMM, that should be easy....RIGHT?? Find the envelope with name of the contents of my wifes envelope and it should just be a simple switcheroo....HAHA

NOPE....HELL NOO.....That would make sense

Upon further investigation from DHL (wwwexpress) it proved that CEM SCREWED UP 10...YES 10 VISA SHIPMENTS ALL GARBLED AND SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So DHL had to send back to CEM to "try" to rectify...HAHA!!!.....meanwhile we've got a flight booking totaling over $1600CAD in the balance and there is NO WAY....I MEAN NO WAY to contact CEM with an emergency

So the moral of this story...."I FlIPPIN' CALLED IT....KNEW THE POSSIBILITY OF ERROR....AND YEP THERE WAS ONE"

So Should CEM send shipping details now!!!!

I FOOKING THINK AND KNOW SO!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day everyone....4:15am...no corrections...I'm gonna finish my bottle!!
That completely sucks though the mailman in me is asking why does DHL think it has the authority to open your personal mail? That's not their business. I'd be completely bent out of shape about both these events.

Now I would go to the media or forward their correspondence on to the Ministers Office as well as media.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Luckyman said:
^
I've got plaaaaaans for an all out attack... But sorry to say, I don't have strength for that until Wifey is the last thing I see before sleep!..

(video IM doesn't count)
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'd suggest to write an urgent email to your VO's program manager. Take a look at this link. Emails are on the last page:

http://www.cba.org/CBA/sections_Cship/pdf/2012_OMC_PID_CICIP_IPM_List_ENG.pdf

All the best, and I hope all gets rectified soon.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman, wholy F000K! I can't believe it! I would be going to my MP's house and breaking down their door to pick up that big red phone. Your wife should be allowed to pick up her passport in Manila. I can't believe it. ??? ??? ???
No answer means they have no answer. Oh, they got your email!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
And why would DHL open your mail? To confirm what? That's an invasion of privacy for sure.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK guys...just woke up, thanks for all the input.....I need to do something, that's clear, not just for me, but for all of us.

To clarify CJG and Steph...10 visa shipments had garbled contents, DHL had to open to make an effort to identify all erroneous packages. To be honest, I'd rather them do it than CEM at this point. Our package would also have our original marriage certificate as well as other original documents that are not replaceable, and are a major keepsakes for my wife and I.

Spent all night trying to contact the embassy to no avail!!
They won't answer emails, phone calls, emergency phone number calls, anything!!
Sent several emails to MP and will be going there later....in the meantime

How would you guys suggest I contact the media as suggested?
And CJG, can you provide me with the email address of the supervisor?
Thanks BCGirl, I've noted that email too.

I want to arm myself with every single email I can to provide my MP with, as I'm pretty sure he won't make efforts to call at Local time 6pm = 8am Phils time.......and.....pretty sure his calls will be ignored also.

Any help you guys want to give....will most definitely help all of us....Thanks all!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
If you wanted to instigate it.. we could all come forward and say how they messed up our visas. Such as delayed times and severe clerical errors. We could even recruit the guy who's application was sent to India instead of Manila. Immigration needs more press then just about marriage fraud.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd be happy to instigate it.....Just don't know where to start.

Just got off the phone with MP office as well...they said they'll try their best.....don't know if that's just smoke up my a$$, or they actually will.

auditt

Star Member
May 9, 2013
So, after 30 mins waiting for an agent, I finally got some answers for my file. CEM requested my wife's and kids passports. My kids are under the Canadian Citizenship program, not sponsorship. She said she never heard them request the kids passports when not part of the sponsorship. No one can actually tell me the type of visa my kids might get....visitor, facilitated...I have heard them all mentioned by different people CIC. I also mentioned to her that CEM told me to get the kids visa's I would need to show proof that I filed them under Canadian Citizenship. The only thing I have is a receipt, so I asked her to get me something...this was filed in September....well, since they have not started it, there's nothing in the system....so no way to confirm. I also told her I am getting my second daughters passport next Wednesday and how to proceed. She tells me I can't send the passport into CEM until I do the Citizenship first. I told her I agreed, and just wanted to confirm. Get this....she tells me to get my wife to send everything to me and then I can send it into NS direct, and then, when they are done with it, they will send it back to me. I said how could that way be quicker then doing it in CEM? So, long story short, and with flight, hotel, and spending...I am off to file my daughters papers next Friday so I have a chance on getting them here before it snows! 4K but it's worth it to have peace of mind that it is filed and I get the passport back right away to send in with my wife's.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
scos said:
What would be really freaky is if you find out in a few weeks that your "wife" landed already. I can see it now.

YOU: "That wasn't my wife, she is still in the Philippines!"

CEM: "Are you sure?"

:eek:
:eek: :eek: I hope i dont get someones husband if it happens to me, ill ship him back LOL :p :p :p If its someones elses wife i mite keep her for a few days its been awhile