+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Just to give you guys an idea of what I did for my wife.

We got PPR on Sept 3 3013, and sent her passport in right away. I waited until Nov 15th to contact MP by email. The MP will send you a form for your spouse to fill out and send back to them. This will allow the MP to request the information and give it to you. After this was done I set up an appointment with the MP office to have a face to face chat. (this was early December - around the 6th) I wanted to express my concerns and ask questions about the app. In the meantime the MP did a inquiry.

We decided to wait a month, (i.e. after xmas break) before doing a follow up. Over xmas we had a request for more documentation. It was just some travel itinerary information they wanted more specific. After sending that in I contacted the MP office on Jan 6th by phone and called them every week after that. Note: When the MP does an inquiry it can take a 2 week turnaround before getting a response.

My advice would be to get on the MP case 2 months before your medical expires. I kept stressing to my MP that I would be furious if we have to do a re-medical, especially when I see applicants that were not affected by the typhoon getting processed early.

Another word of advice.. Do not book your ticket until you get your COPR. The expiry date on the COPR and the medical may not be the same date. My wife's COPR expires before her medical.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
scosan said:
Thanks Gooner. COPR arrived at our door in Calgary from Manila by DHL 2 days after decision made. That's the only time anything about this process has been speedy. Big, big stress reliever!
Congrats, Scosan.
After they "jerked you around" for 16 months, they thought they better get something right.
Glad you are done.
Enjoy.

Step

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
MarkandElvie said:
My AOR was on the 8th of Aug 2013. I have a feeling it's going to be a while befoe I hear anything. :(
Sorry to say, but I think you are right. Will be a few more months" in the dark"
Hopefully CEM is clearing some of the backlog.
No other choice, have to wait it out.

Step

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
GoonerClank said:
Just to give you guys an idea of what I did for my wife.

We got PPR on Sept 3 3013, and sent her passport in right away. I waited until Nov 15th to contact MP by email. The MP will send you a form for your spouse to fill out and send back to them. This will allow the MP to request the information and give it to you. After this was
done I set up an appointment with the MP
office to have a face to face chat. (this was early December - around the 6th) I wanted to express my concerns and ask questions about the app. In the meantime the MP did a inquiry.

We decided to wait a month, (i.e. after xmas break) before doing a follow up. Over xmas we had a request for more documentation. It was just some travel itinerary information they wanted more specific. After sending that in I contacted the MP office on Jan 6th by phone and called them every week after that. Note: When the MP does an inquiry it can take a 2 week turnaround before getting a response.

My advice would be to get on the MP case 2 months before your medical expires. I kept stressing to my MP that I would be furious if we have to do a re-medical, especially when I see applicants that were not affected by the typhoon getting processed early.

Another word of advice.. Do not book your ticket until you get your COPR. The expiry date on the COPR and the medical may not be the same date. My wife's COPR expires before her medical.
Thanks Gooner..initial contact with my MP yesterday..email sent...waiting for a response...I'll keep you all posted..

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I was just wondering if I really need the NSO marriage certificate or the local city certificate is good enough. I will marry my fiancee this coming June 7, 2014. If we really need the NSO certificate, How long will it take before I can get it from them because I will be leaving 10 days after our church wedding and is there a way that they can expedite the processing of the NSO certificate? I really want to submit the application as soon as I land here in Canada. Thank you.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
bryanisip said:
Hi there, I was just wondering if I really need the NSO marriage certificate or the local city certificate is good enough. I will marry my fiancee this coming June 7, 2014. If we really need the NSO certificate, How long will it take before I can get it from them because I will be leaving 10 days after our church wedding and is there a way that they can expedite the processing of the NSO certificate? I really want to submit the application as soon as I land here in Canada. Thank you.
Hello,
Yes you need NSO Marriage Certificate, has to be all official.
Time it takes all depends on where you are married at, we were married in Cebu City. We were told 3 months to receive back.I'm pretty sure there is a way to expedite process. Advanced Endorsement,when you apply at Civil Registry add the endorsement , pay a little more.Should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Step said:
Hello,
Yes you need NSO Marriage Certificate, has to be all official.
Time it takes all depends on where you are married at, we were married in Cebu City. We were told 3 months to receive back.I'm pretty sure there is a way to expedite process. Advanced Endorsement,when you apply at Civil Registry add the endorsement , pay a little more.Should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.
Can you explain more about the endorsement? Should I go to the main NSO office to do that? Sorry i don't really have a clue :(

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
bryanisip said:
Can you explain more about the endorsement? Should I go to the main NSO office to do that? Sorry i don't really have a clue :(
I believe you ask for Endorsement at Civil Registry when you file Marriage Certificate.from there goes to NSO to get certified.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
bryanisip said:
FASTEST PROCESS

1. You register the birth/marriage at the Local Civil Registrar Office (LCRO) at the municipal/city hall.
2. File for "advance endorsement" at the LCRO. Advance endorsement means the LCRO will no longer wait for the date it set to advance the OCRG copy to NSO, local office. Instead, it will right away send the document via a courier to the NSO Main Office. Ensure that the original OCRG copy is sent. It should be addressed to:

MS. LOURDES J. HUFANA
CIVIL REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT
NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE
3/F VIBAL BUILDING, EDSA COR. TIMES ST.
QUEZON CITY 1104
Take note of the following details: (you can find all of these in the receipt of the courier)

a. Courier used (e.g. LBC, JRS Express, DHL, etc)
b. Tracking Number (this will be provided by the courier upon request for delivery)
c. Date forwarded to the NSO
d. Name of Addressee

3. Request online for an NSO certificate at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx. Each certificate will cost P315. After payment is made, you will instantly receive an Acknowledgment Notification email confirming your order from e-census.info@mail.census.gov.ph.

4. Reply to the Acknowledgment Notification email. Inform them of the advance endorsement process, and give details of the courier used, tracking number, date, and name of addressee. The mail support of e-census is excellent in customer service so you will be catered well.

Once they receive the documents, and with some follow-ups, in not much time, your NSO certificate will be delivered soon in your doorsteps.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Hi, has anyone who filed application for family class/sponsorsing spouse in last Demember got AOR from Manila, if getting AOR as soon as Manila receive the transfer of the application package is alway the case?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
coolbucks said:
Hi, has anyone who filed application for family class/sponsorsing spouse in last Demember got AOR from Manila, if getting AOR as soon as Manila receive the transfer of the application package is alway the case?
Only AOR you will get is Stage one , sponsor approval.
I applied in August have'nt received anything from CEM.
Only time you will hear from CEM is if they require additional info.

bryanisip

Feb 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Step said:
FASTEST PROCESS

1. You register the birth/marriage at the Local Civil Registrar Office (LCRO) at the municipal/city hall.
2. File for "advance endorsement" at the LCRO. Advance endorsement means the LCRO will no longer wait for the date it set to advance the OCRG copy to NSO, local office. Instead, it will right away send the document via a courier to the NSO Main Office. Ensure that the original OCRG copy is sent. It should be addressed to:

MS. LOURDES J. HUFANA
CIVIL REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT
NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE
3/F VIBAL BUILDING, EDSA COR. TIMES ST.
QUEZON CITY 1104
Take note of the following details: (you can find all of these in the receipt of the courier)

a. Courier used (e.g. LBC, JRS Express, DHL, etc)
b. Tracking Number (this will be provided by the courier upon request for delivery)
c. Date forwarded to the NSO
d. Name of Addressee

3. Request online for an NSO certificate at ecensus.com Each certificate will cost P315. After payment is made, you will instantly receive an Acknowledgment Notification email confirming your order from e-census.info @ mail.census.gov.ph.

4. Reply to the Acknowledgment Notification email. Inform them of the advance endorsement process, and give details of the courier used, tracking number, date, and name of addressee. The mail support of e-census is excellent in customer service so you will be catered well.

Once they receive the documents, and with some follow-ups, in not much time, your NSO certificate will be delivered soon in your doorsteps.
Awesome! Thank you! :D

ikon0523

May 23, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
01-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
scosan said:
Well, after 16 months and 8 days my Ecas finally changed to DM last night! I made a joke in another thread that hopefully yesterday's maintenance included some DM's, ha ha.
This past 2 weeks I have ordered my case notes, complained to my MP twice, sent a case specific enquiry to Manila and wrote a scathing letter to Chris Alexander. Not sure if any of that helped and I guess I'll never know.
Now just have to wait for the decision letter and hopefully the COPR.

Scosan
Congrats Scosan !

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
remeds: Oct 15, 2013
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
Thanks, Ikon. COPR arrived 2 days after DM. We are planning to land next month after a family trip to California.

Scosan