+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Steph C said:
Next he will smoke that carton of marlboros and have the tanduay
then it will be capslock on the forum:)

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
hello everyone,,,well we are finally together ,,,,but she is sleeping me and the little fellow i up [layinf basketball,,heis happy so many toys here just wait until my 7 year old comnes on friday he will be estatic

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
Tagum is rolling over as we speak! I bet he sent the kids out for ice cream..
NappyY has AN ICE CREAM NOW BUT SHE IS SLEEPING IM SLIILL IN SUPREME AGONYY HOPEFULLY SHE WILL WAKE UP S
OON

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
YEP I CRACKE THE 1 LITRE BUT THE CIGS ARE MENTHOL I WILL SELL THEM,,,SO HAPPY HERE JUST PLAYING BAKETBALLL,,,CANT WAIT UNTIL SHE WAKES UP,,,,,,HOPE HE SLEEPS THEN ,,,,WHAT A HOCKEY GAME TONITE LOL,,,HE SHOOOTS HE SCORES

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
YEP I CRACKE THE 1 LITRE BUT THE CIGS ARE MENTHOL I WILL SELL THEM,,,SO HAPPY HERE JUST PLAYING BAKETBALLL,,,CANT WAIT UNTIL SHE WAKES UP,,,,,,HOPE HE SLEEPS THEN ,,,,WHAT A HOCKEY GAME TONITE LOL,,,HE SHOOOTS HE SCORES
Menthol, save those until you have a cold.

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
21/01/2013 AIP Received 14/02/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
hello everyone,,,well we are finally together ,,,,but she is sleeping me and the little fellow i up [layinf basketball,,heis happy so many toys here just wait until my 7 year old comnes on friday he will be estatic
congrats congrats congrats!!!the long wait is over. she'll be up soon don't worry :D

Daantaat

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 7, 2013
Doc's Request.
09-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-04-2013
Med's Request
Remeds: October 2, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-21-2014 - Scan of Passport Info Pg requested
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2014
LANDED..........
June 7, 2014
Tagum, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

My husband and I have run into a bit of a snag with our application; maybe someone here can help me with a problem we're having regarding a medical exam.

When we filed our application from Seoul, we reported that my husband did not have custody of his daughter, because she lives with his ex-wife. So we filled out the forms and wrote a letter saying that since the ex would not allow the daughter to have a medical we acknowledged that if she didn't get the medical, my husband would not be able to sponsor her later down the road. We also sent a copy of his family register, which I didn't realize showed that he is, in fact, the legal custodian of his daughter. Apparently he has never signed over custody to his ex but has allowed her to live with her mother for the past 7 years.

Fast forward to August 26, when my husband and I relocated from Seoul to Canada. As far as we knew, everything was going along fine with our application.

On September 9, my husband received a request for info from the VO in Manila, stating that since he is the legal custodial parent, his daughter must have the medical done or his application could be rejected.

At the same time as this, we found out that his ex was in the process of taking him to court over custody of their daughter so that the kid would be removed from the father's family register and put into the legal custody of the mother.

So my husband has returned to Korea (not that we could really afford it but we felt we didn't have much choice) to try to get this mess all straightened out, but now that he's back in Seoul he's run into another problem.

He has an appointment to take the kid for a medical (the ex agreed to let it be done in return for my husband signing over custody) and will take his daughter to a panel physician tomorrow. However, when he phoned the three hospitals in Seoul that do the medical, he got the same run-around about the medical forms he needs to bring. All three hospitals said that he needs to bring Form 1017, which according to the CIC website, must be requested from the visa office. I sent an email to Manila with a request for this form but so far I haven't heard back from them.

I did some reading about the 1017 and according to what I read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
he doesn't need to bring a form with him if he's doing an upfront medical. However, this seems to be only for temporary visitors to Canada and not people applying under the Family Sponsorship application.

I'm so confused. Does he need this form from the VO or does he not need it because the panel physician should have everything on their computer system to do the medical electronically?

One more thing: does he even need to get the medical done now? Since he has signed over custody and the family register will be officially changed to remove his daughter, legally he can no longer compel his daughter to have the medical done. Just this step alone puts us back where we were with the original application. Now that he doesn't have legal custody, is the medical still required for her?

I apologize for this long rambling message, but I have been so stressed out trying to contact Manila and talk to an actual person instead of a recording, and trying to find answers online, that I'm about to have a bit of a breakdown.

If anyone can give me a more definitive answer about this medical form and how to get the proper documentation, I'd appreciate it so much.

Thank you for your help.

shaulajoie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
QSC Approved May 08, 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M : February 20, 2013
File Transfer...
to Manila VO March 25, 2013.. SA-same date then CEM received it April 02, 2013
Med's Request
Remed Request: October 08, 2013 Remed Done: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
September 07, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
August 23, 2013 Passport Sent: August 26, 2013 CEM Received : August 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ON HAND: November 25, 2013 DECISION MADE November 18, 2013 In Process: November 14, 2013
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Dan_from_Surrey said:
Ok, so the misses went for the fourth time to Baguio (in five days) from close to San Fernando to get her and her son's medicals redone. Between power outs, confusion (on the medical staff side about ID requirements) etc etc etc (fooking idiots) fourth day she finally manages to get everything done.

After the xray, the doctor/nurse/whoever the hell, give her a "suspicious" in reference to her xray, and says come back in a few hours and pay for another one. So being in shock, she doesn't think to ask, just basically goes blank thinking the worst. Goes back later that day, gets the second xray done, but no results until the following day. Apparently xray's take much longer to read in the afternoon then during the morning.

Anyways, :pwifey comes back home in complete shock, full tears etc as to be expected, after I couple of hours, manage to get her talked back from the ledge (metaphorically) and get her to go to her local hospital and get a second test/opinion there. The hospital opinion comes back perfect, no problems, your fine and you owe us 400 peso for wasting our time sort of thing.

Now apparently the results from the Baguio fool will be mailed to the embassy, with the new ( I will assume xray) (I am having my doubts if there was even a second xray taken - properly at least) I smell scam here.

What a total f-up this turned out to be. a week wasted running around in circles.

My wife has the report from her hospital stashed in her stack of papers now, and has been on the phone to the fool from Baguio, and gave them supreme *censored word* from the heartache they managed to cause.

But it brought one question to my mind - are the immigration "doctors" not supposed to discuss or say anything about the results or findings from the tests to the patients? Ie, isn't that info supposed to be just sealed and sent off? And after that it is up to the embassy staff/doctor to take it from there?
San Fernando City La Union is 10-15mins away from our house! I'm from San Juan(next town after SFCLU if going north)... :p :p

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Daantaat said:

My husband and I have run into a bit of a snag with our application; maybe someone here can help me with a problem we're having regarding a medical exam.

When we filed our application from Seoul, we reported that my husband did not have custody of his daughter, because she lives with his ex-wife. So we filled out the forms and wrote a letter saying that since the ex would not allow the daughter to have a medical we acknowledged that if she didn't get the medical, my husband would not be able to sponsor her later down the road. We also sent a copy of his family register, which I didn't realize showed that he is, in fact, the legal custodian of his daughter. Apparently he has never signed over custody to his ex but has allowed her to live with her mother for the past 7 years.

Fast forward to August 26, when my husband and I relocated from Seoul to Canada. As far as we knew, everything was going along fine with our application.

On September 9, my husband received a request for info from the VO in Manila, stating that since he is the legal custodial parent, his daughter must have the medical done or his application could be rejected.

At the same time as this, we found out that his ex was in the process of taking him to court over custody of their daughter so that the kid would be removed from the father's family register and put into the legal custody of the mother.

So my husband has returned to Korea (not that we could really afford it but we felt we didn't have much choice) to try to get this mess all straightened out, but now that he's back in Seoul he's run into another problem.

He has an appointment to take the kid for a medical (the ex agreed to let it be done in return for my husband signing over custody) and will take his daughter to a panel physician tomorrow. However, when he phoned the three hospitals in Seoul that do the medical, he got the same run-around about the medical forms he needs to bring. All three hospitals said that he needs to bring Form 1017, which according to the CIC website, must be requested from the visa office. I sent an email to Manila with a request for this form but so far I haven't heard back from them.

I did some reading about the 1017 and according to what I read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
he doesn't need to bring a form with him if he's doing an upfront medical. However, this seems to be only for temporary visitors to Canada and not people applying under the Family Sponsorship application.

I'm so confused. Does he need this form from the VO or does he not need it because the panel physician should have everything on their computer system to do the medical electronically?

One more thing: does he even need to get the medical done now? Since he has signed over custody and the family register will be officially changed to remove his daughter, legally he can no longer compel his daughter to have the medical done. Just this step alone puts us back where we were with the original application. Now that he doesn't have legal custody, is the medical still required for her?

I apologize for this long rambling message, but I have been so stressed out trying to contact Manila and talk to an actual person instead of a recording, and trying to find answers online, that I'm about to have a bit of a breakdown.

If anyone can give me a more definitive answer about this medical form and how to get the proper documentation, I'd appreciate it so much.

Thank you for your help.
yes u need med exam what if custody ever changed again,,,death in family etc etc

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Daantaat said:

Thank you for your help.
You're not supposed to need a form for the initial medical. They have their information wrong. If It was a re-medical you need a form but not for the first medical included in the application. He might as well include her now, it's the best thing to do - you do realize she could never enter Canada, without being included in your application. What if she wants to do a work/study visa when she's older? It just keeps all her doors open.

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
Strike is finally OVER!!! :) http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.1869907

Pauluz

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
25 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
10 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11 Jul 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Oct 2013 (DM Status)
LANDED..........
Before Christmas
RM15 said:
Strike is finally OVER!!! :) http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.1869907
GOD IS GOOD!!! ALLAHU AKBAR!! Strike is OVER!!!

superman08

Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2013
AOR Received.
16-July-2013
File Transfer...
SA received: 23-July-2013
Med's Done....
09-May-2013
Passport Req..
No PPR yet but ECAS changed to IN PROCESS- 27-March-2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2014 (04/14/14=)
LANDED..........
Soon... =)
Tweet from Tim Edwards,... Goodmorning guys ;D ;D

“@PafsoApase: @PafsoApase and @TBS_Canada have reached settlement. All #dipstrike measures to cease immediately. Good news for free collective bargaining.”

https://twitter.com/pafsoapase/status/383332598241443840

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
superman08 said:
Tweet from Tim Edwards,... Goodmorning guys ;D ;D

“ @ PafsoApase: @ PafsoApase and @ TBS_Canada have reached settlement. All #dipstrike measures to cease immediately. Good news for free collective bargaining.”

https://twitter.com/pafsoapase/status/383332598241443840
great news sis.... thanks so much GOD

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.