+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
MrSki said:
Thanks Steph,

Is there a cost to accessing the notes?
about 5$ you can pay it online

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
marcjd said:
Need more respondents hahaha .. Tagum sry i just blew my head with cran .. Was feeling being provoked by her As of her replies on the post .. I gave my opinion to the question but she treated it like i said it has to be like that lol!!! Hahaha i really hate talking sense to ladies they are just *]>\>¥{£#!|>]£ hahaha making me crazy .. Ridiculus replies like "oh if 80k a month then ill never be middle class" and my dad lied to me as we are middle class " lol hahaha ..
I was in a rush when I posted that. Let me elaborate......

That was not meant to be a single income but combined between the husband and wife. Both my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law are both doctors with practices and are very busy all the time. Their combined income is around 100000 php/month. That pays for all their bills and the wages of the nannies, the costs for 3 kids in school, their car, house and all that. Maybe they would actually be considered rich but I consider them middleclass. Nothing about the way they live or stuff they own says they are anymore than that.

According to my wife the minimum monthly income for unskilled labour is 3000 to 4000 php. So I think your numbers are a little high in regards to the average Filipino.

MrSki

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
09-09-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I was in a rush when I posted that. Let me elaborate......

That was not meant to be a single income but combined between the husband and wife. Both my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law are both doctors with practices and are very busy all the time. Their combined income is around 100000 php/month. That pays for all their bills and the wages of the nannies, the costs for 3 kids in school, their car, house and all that. Maybe they would actually be considered rich but I consider them middleclass. Nothing about the way they live or stuff they own says they are anymore than that.

According to my wife the minimum monthly income for unskilled labour is 3000 to 4000 php. So I think your numbers are a little high in regards to the average Filipino.
The Manila Times coincidentally published a story today about the middle class.

The definition is as follows, "To take the financial definition, middle class is comprised of people who have discretionary disposable income and therefore have the ability to make choices about their lifestyle and children’s upbringing, as they have enough money to cover their basic needs for food and shelter. About 33 percent of income as discretionary is a rough criterion."

Here's the link:
http://www.manilatimes.net/the-philippines-middle-class/9101/

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
MrSki said:
The Manila Times coincidentally published a story today about the middle class.

The definition is as follows, "To take the financial definition, middle class is comprised of people who have discretionary disposable income and therefore have the ability to make choices about their lifestyle and children's upbringing, as they have enough money to cover their basic needs for food and shelter. About 33 percent of income as discretionary is a rough criterion."

Here's the link:
http://www.manilatimes.net/the-philippines-middle-class/9101/
Hey that's cool. My guy and I have a new class we came up with .. The "average poor" I think we are used to thinking of 3 classes when maybe there are four or more? Definition would be meets most basic necessities with few luxuries and occasional bailouts from a family member overseas.

MrSki

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
09-09-2013
Steph C said:
Hey that's cool. My guy and I have a new class we came up with .. The "average poor" I think we are used to thinking of 3 classes when maybe there are four or more? Definition would be meets most basic necessities with few luxuries and occasional bailouts from a family member overseas.
I think the UK has started to define their social classes similar to this about a year or two ago. I could be mistaken. It adds in Middle Upper and Lower classes.

xxdieselxx

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 29, 2013
Med's Done....
July 24, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
May 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 16, 2014
LANDED..........
July 2, 2014
scos said:
+1!

I also like his bit about school. Its about who you know, not what you know (to paraphrase). That explains a lot. And it is wrong since by coming to Canada you won't know many of those people so "what you know" would be more useful.

And another thing... Do you (marcjd) actually speak as you write? Or should I say:

Hahaha do you really talk like that hahaha? Hahaha it is really annoying hahaha. Hahaha if you actually speak like this in public you must really sound like an idiot hahaha!
Thanks for the "+1" scos. I am usually quite reserved and laid back but have a hard time when someone is degrading and bullying women or those less fortunate in life. I guess having money and an expensive education doesn't necessarily buy one "class".

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MrSki said:
I think the UK has started to define their social classes similar to this about a year or two ago. I could be mistaken. It adds in Middle Upper and Lower classes.

I always understood that the 3 main classes were also able to be divided into classes within themselves. You have the destitute, the poor, the working poor, the lower middleclass, the middleclass, the upper middleclass, the wealthy, the rich, and the super rich.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
cjkoall said:
So, turns out my SA confirmation was sent out in July 2013 ... to where, I dunno.
Call the CIC and the dude confirmed I've been approved (yippee)
He said it was sent to my email address but I never got it. Must have been eaten by the Interwebs.
Now the question is ... when's the next step gonna happen?
I'm not sure if this was already said but you should send a case specific inquiry to make sure they have your correct email address on file. Otherwise you will never hear about your passport request or other communications.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
ikon0523 said:
MANILA MANILA! all im saying is its not all that scary in Mindanao unless you ALLOW ABS CBN AND GMA reporting to scare you from going there.. or better yet CNN..

if anything im more scared to go to Manila because people there are unpredictable..

Tagum is right.. Mindanao is expensive if you buy the department store clothes (i never buy department store clothes in the PHILIPPINES).. i buy what the locals make because that you can never buy in Canada..

in response to the author...i think you should spread your wealth or middle class a little and go to Mindanao and help the kids out down there. instead of taking it personal with lady cranberries who felt offended by how privileged you talk about your ability to afford the better things in life..

(this sickness is also common in the Philippine community in Canada.. so to all our wifes and husbands that will be coming here.. be prepared to TAGAY! with the likes of the privilege in the Filipino community)
I totally agree re: Manila. Have travelled all around Mindanao feeling safe. I have even been in Kidapawan and Sultan Kudarat. I walked around Kidapawan on my own many times, very safely. I only felt unsafe in Manila.

What is Tagay? This is probably why my guy doesn't want to party with his own kind here.. Didn't meet the right group yet :)

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
Ikon: my husband paid the fees upfront and sent the receipt/ paper thingy with our application

Steph, tagay is kinda like, cheers or kanpai then you all down your drinks. Or if you're asking someone to tagay with you, you're inviting them to have a shot or drink (until the wee hours of the morning) with you. Did I make sense?

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
21/01/2013 AIP Received 14/02/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
I'm sorry if I reacted the way i did. I don't really post hate replies like that but I was just pissed off when marcjd said that "I'm having a free pass to a brighter future thanks to my sponsor". It is as if he knows me very very well. Do i need to list down all of my life accomplishments and the things I can afford to deserve his respect?what he said was kinda below the belt. is that what he thinks of his wife and all the spouses being sponsored- "getting a free pass to a brighter future"? I read the post again and again but i didn't find anything offensive with what i said. when i said i thought i was middle class when i'm not were all true (based on his definition). I was laughing at my self (not at anyone) and taking a lighter note about it. then he came up with all these insults. Marcjd, according to his story, had a better life (financially speaking) yay to him and his parents. i didn't say anything against that. there were other replies to his post but he specifically picked mine to have a reason to lash out.

@marcjd I was not asking you to respect me because I am a woman. Like they say, "RESPECT IS AN EXPENSIVE COMMODITY YOU CAN'T EXPECT IT FROM CHEAP PEOPLE." all i wanted to know was why did you chose me to pick a fight with, when my replies were not personally directed to you? because I am a woman?or because you think that I am an easier target because I am a Filipino, "living in the Philippines"? that is the only question I am asking you. you don't need to beat around the bush asking everyone's sympathy and rationalizing why you said the things you said.

dude, seriously, choose your words and think about it before you post. I am not the first person/woman you insulted in this forum.

I know marcjd can't answer my questions. he is too "up there" to say the reason why.

Let's all just get over it and continue praying to have our visas so we can be with our other half the soonest time possible.

xxdieselxx

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 29, 2013
Med's Done....
July 24, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
May 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 16, 2014
LANDED..........
July 2, 2014
cranberries said:
I'm sorry if I reacted the way i did. I don't really post hate replies like that but I was just pissed off when marcjd said that "I'm having a free pass to a brighter future thanks to my sponsor". It is as if he knows me very very well. Do i need to list down all of my life accomplishments and the things I can afford to deserve his respect?what he said was kinda below the belt. is that what he thinks of his wife and all the spouses being sponsored- "getting a free pass to a brighter future"? I read the post again and again but i didn't find anything offensive with what i said. when i said i thought i was middle class when i'm not were all true (based on his definition). I was laughing at my self (not at anyone) and taking a lighter note about it. then he came up with all these insults. Marcjd, according to his story, had a better life (financially speaking) yay to him and his parents. i didn't say anything against that. there were other replies to his post but he specifically picked mine to have a reason to lash out.

@ marcjd I was not asking you to respect me because I am a woman. Like they say, "RESPECT IS AN EXPENSIVE COMMODITY YOU CAN'T EXPECT IT FROM CHEAP PEOPLE." all i wanted to know was why did you chose me to pick a fight with, when my replies were not personally directed to you? because I am a woman?or because you think that I am an easier target because I am a Filipino, "living in the Philippines"? that is the only question I am asking you. you don't need to beat around the bush asking everyone's sympathy and rationalizing why you said the things you said.

dude, seriously, choose your words and think about it before you post. I am not the first person/woman you insulted in this forum.

I know marcjd can't answer my questions. he is too "up there" to say the reason why.

Let's all just get over it and continue praying to have our visas so we can be with our other half the soonest time possible.
Cranberries, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for. He was way out of line in many ways. Kudos to you for standing up to a bully. If ever someone is trying to berate or belittle you once you are in Canada, Stand up to it as you did here. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad or lessor of a person because you are a woman, a filipino or not as rich as someone else. It's 2013 and this sort of behavior has long been "not acceptable" behavior in Canada. Best of luck for a fast PR!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
goldenkagi said:
Ikon: my husband paid the fees upfront and sent the receipt/ paper thingy with our application

Steph, tagay is kinda like, cheers or kanpai then you all down your drinks. Or if you're asking someone to tagay with you, you're inviting them to have a shot or drink (until the wee hours of the morning) with you. Did I make sense?
Oh yeah.. my guy just says SHOT!!!! I have heard it often.

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
jan 24 2013 (cem received feb 5)
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
july 4 2013 (sent July 8 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
got this on pafso fb page

Latest tweet from our PresidentTim Edwards @PafsoApase on the PSLRB hearing:

The @PSLRB will hear @PafsoApase's bad-faith bargaining complaint against @TBS_Canada on Thu Aug 22. We expect hearing to last 2 days max.

MrSki

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
09-09-2013
marcjd said:
got this on pafso fb page

Latest tweet from our PresidentTim Edwards @ PafsoApase on the PSLRB hearing:

The @ PSLRB will hear @ PafsoApase's bad-faith bargaining complaint against @ TBS_Canada on Thu Aug 22. We expect hearing to last 2 days max.
Thats great news as long as they enter binding arbitration. If so, they will resume services until arbitration has completed. W should know by Tuesday what is going to happen! Fingers crossed!