+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
April13 said:
Hi guys, I've been following this thread before and now I have some questions. I check my ecas today and They have a bit of change to my full name.My middle name was gone and They only put my First name and My Family name.Before They have my middle name. I remember when They sent me an Email regarding Ppr ,AOM AND Appendix A,I fill up the APpendix A and I only fill up the Family Name and my Given name and there's no Middle name on it.Im curious whats the meaning of this changes.Anyone can tell me about this situation? Thank you soo much and Congrats to all who got their visa and PPR.
kyle18 said:
I am sponsoring my husband., he has already a passport request and re medical., since it's been 3 month's from the PPR! The embassy emailed my husband for the examination of his son! But the thing is he doesnt have any form of communication to his son since the relationship to his ex -wife been ended., we have submitted a Affidavit of explanation about it., and we emailed the embassy also about it.,
any suggestion? What is the best thing to do., because we declared that he has a son but he will not be going in the canada or even in the future for we dont know where the child is. Thank you in advance!
Anybody got any answers for these people? I'm retired ??? ??? ??? ???

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
kyle18 said:
I am sponsoring my husband., he has already a passport request and re medical., since it's been 3 month's from the PPR! The embassy emailed my husband for the examination of his son! But the thing is he doesnt have any form of communication to his son since the relationship to his ex -wife been ended., we have submitted a Affidavit of explanation about it., and we emailed the embassy also about it.,
any suggestion? What is the best thing to do., because we declared that he has a son but he will not be going in the canada or even in the future for we dont know where the child is. Thank you in advance!
I guess all you can do is email the embassy and say that the son won't be included as a dependent on the application.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
April13 said:
Hi guys, I've been following this thread before and now I have some questions. I check my ecas today and They have a bit of change to my full name.My middle name was gone and They only put my First name and My Family name.Before They have my middle name. I remember when They sent me an Email regarding Ppr ,AOM AND Appendix A,I fill up the APpendix A and I only fill up the Family Name and my Given name and there's no Middle name on it.Im curious whats the meaning of this changes.Anyone can tell me about this situation? Thank you soo much and Congrats to all who got their visa and PPR.
In Canada we're not always using our middle names. Some of my documents have 2 names and some have 3. Usually under Given Name(s) I will write first and middle name. I don't think you will have a huge problem.. check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/middle-names-t92123.0.html

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Steph C said:
In Canada we're not always using our middle names. Some of my documents have 2 names and some have 3. Usually under Given Name(s) I will write first and middle name. I don't think you will have a huge problem.. check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/middle-names-t92123.0.html
I think so too. Also, as long as you have your first and last name right when you get your COPR, I'm positive it will be fine.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
April13 said:
Ecas is not accurate. If the names that they include are wrong then I would contact them if they are missing the middle name I don't think that is a big concern.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
kyle18 said:
Two things you could do is request your GCMS notes to find out what the delay is and contact your MP to see if they can find out what the delay is.
Did you use a representative?

kyle18

Jul 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cem
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
I guess all you can do is email the embassy and say that the son won't be included as a dependent on the application.
Thank you so much steph c im waiting for the response of the embassy about it., i hope everything will be fine

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hi guys, here's last week totals. It really seems they've cut back and looks like for the meantime they're just finishing applications instead of opening them.

Sunday June 23
DM - Dirkorver123, Jem28 (October)

Monday June 24
VISA - rumpelstiltskin (July 2012), gil1975 (September)

Tuesday June 25
Sponsor Approval - miladapril (May)
VISA - jennmarvin (October)

Wednesday June 26
Sponsor Approval - peter nepomuceno (May)
Remed - rj0110 (March 2012)
VISA - Dirkorver123 (October)

Thursday June 27
PPR - April13 (November), asistidoj (December)

Friday June 28
DM - sheliez (October)
VISA - Jem28 (October)

Saturday June 29

Sunday June 30
In Process - Rosey_L (September)

Monday July 1
In Process - Tagum-N.B. (January 2012), computerangel (October)
DM - Rosey_L (September)

TOTALS (Last week only)

PPR - 2
REMED - 1
IN PROCESS - 1
DM - 1
VISA - 5

xxdieselxx

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 29, 2013
Med's Done....
July 24, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
May 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 16, 2014
LANDED..........
July 2, 2014
Hi all,

We have been lurking for awhile on this thread but am getting closer to getting the docs required and have a few questions regarding the PH requirements. First off, I am a born Canadian married to a filipina and we are both residing in the Philippines currently. My wife is also a Costa Rican citizen and we were married in Costa Rica.

QUESTION 1
We have our original Costa Rican Marriage certificate translated into English by an official translator in Costa Rica as well as certified by the ministry of foreign affairs and the Philippine consluate in Costa Rica. We have had a certified true copy done here by the Costa Rica Consulate and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs here in the Philippines. Is the certified true copy good enough to submit instead of the original? Does it need to be authenticated or certified or something by the Canadian Embassy here too? We will submit the original if we HAVE to but would rather not because it is rather hard and expensive to get and so it is like gold to us.

QUESTION 2
From what I have read for the Philippine requirements, I am in need of my Certificate of Divorce from Alberta. I am trying to figure out how to get one remotely and it looks like I will have to call them to find out exactly how. My question is based upon the regional requirements, it states that I need to submit a "certified copy" of my certificate of divorce. Is the regular copy I would get from the Court of Queens Bench in Calgary enough or does it need to be certified somewhere else, and if so, which office?

I guess we are a little unsure as to what "certified" means. Thanks in advance for any help.

D.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
Hi guys, here's last week totals. It really seems they've cut back and looks like for the meantime they're just finishing applications instead of opening them.

Sunday June 23
DM - Dirkorver123, Jem28 (October)

Monday June 24
VISA - rumpelstiltskin (July 2012), gil1975 (September)

Tuesday June 25
Sponsor Approval - miladapril (May)
VISA - jennmarvin (October)

Wednesday June 26
Sponsor Approval - peter nepomuceno (May)
Remed - rj0110 (March 2012)
VISA - Dirkorver123 (October)

Thursday June 27
PPR - April13 (November), asistidoj (December)

Friday June 28
DM - sheliez (October)
VISA - Jem28 (October)

Saturday June 29

Sunday June 30
In Process - Rosey_L (September)

Monday July 1
In Process - Tagum-N.B. (January 2012), computerangel (October)
DM - Rosey_L (September)

TOTALS (Last week only)

PPR - 2
REMED - 1
IN PROCESS - 1
DM - 1
VISA - 5
so nice to see my name in that total

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
xxdieselxx said:
Hi all,

We have been lurking for awhile on this thread but am getting closer to getting the docs required and have a few questions regarding the PH requirements. First off, I am a born Canadian married to a filipina and we are both residing in the Philippines currently. My wife is also a Costa Rican citizen and we were married in Costa Rica.

QUESTION 1
We have our original Costa Rican Marriage certificate translated into English by an official translator in Costa Rica as well as certified by the ministry of foreign affairs and the Philippine consluate in Costa Rica. We have had a certified true copy done here by the Costa Rica Consulate and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs here in the Philippines. Is the certified true copy good enough to submit instead of the original? Does it need to be authenticated or certified or something by the Canadian Embassy here too? We will submit the original if we HAVE to but would rather not because it is rather hard and expensive to get and so it is like gold to us.

QUESTION 2
From what I have read for the Philippine requirements, I am in need of my Certificate of Divorce from Alberta. I am trying to figure out how to get one remotely and it looks like I will have to call them to find out exactly how. My question is based upon the regional requirements, it states that I need to submit a "certified copy" of my certificate of divorce. Is the regular copy I would get from the Court of Queens Bench in Calgary enough or does it need to be certified somewhere else, and if so, which office?

I guess we are a little unsure as to what "certified" means. Thanks in advance for any help.

D.
court of queens bench I used

xxdieselxx

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2, 2013
AOR Received.
August 17, 2013
File Transfer...
SA Received: August 29, 2013
Med's Done....
July 24, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
May 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 16, 2014
LANDED..........
July 2, 2014
Tagum-N.B. said:
court of queens bench I used
Thanks for your response Tagum. I just contacted the Court of Queens bench and they were quite helpful. Apparently anyone can get certificates of Divorce as they are public and they are free (in Calgary anyways) providing one has the action number of the divorce. If they have to search by name it will cost $10. She also asked if it was for use in Canada or Outside Canada because if it is to be used outside Canada they add a gold seal to it. I plan to have my friend pick it up and send it here to the Philippines to add to the package.

Thanks again for your response.

D.

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
Steph C said:
Hi there, please help me get a definite answer to my query...

I need to know if I need to pay $550 for my son who is included in our application but is not accompanying for he will continue his college education here in Manila...

Is there a possibility for him to be granted visa? If he is turned down does it mean my youngest son and I will also be turned down?

I got reply from some friend but they're not sure if we will get a refund if we pay for him...

Please help us...

God bless...

abscott

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
abscott said:
Hi there, please help me get a definite answer to my query...

I need to know if I need to pay $550 for my son who is included in our application but is not accompanying for he will continue his college education here in Manila...

Is there a possibility for him to be granted visa? If he is turned down does it mean my youngest son and I will also be turned down?

I got reply from some friend but they're not sure if we will get a refund if we pay for him...

Please help us...

God bless...

abscott
I guess your question isn't totally clear. You said your son is non accompanying, but you're asking if he will get a visa?

A word of advice - sponsor your son now with your application as an accompanying dependent. Pay the fee. Get him to land and receive a PR card. He can return to the Philippines and do his college within the validity of the PR requirements (just under 3 years) They're changing the age of dependents to 18 years of age and since he is college age he will be cut off very soon from the chance to come here.

If somehow he doesn't fit the requirements at this time, they will not deny you or your other son. But this will delay your application. Do you think he fits the requirements at the moment?

I don't think you will get a refund for his application fee. But hold off on paying the RPRF fee.

* update.. he's 23 and just enrolled in school? It doesn't seem to fit the requirements that I remember. I think if you pay that fee you will lose the money. Why don't you try and get him on a student visa for Canada.

yukon1970

Apr 16, 2013
so mp got a reply today:

I have received a response to my email that I sent yesterday.

They have confirmed that they do have the passport, that the medical is still valid, initial review is on the file and completed and that they are just waiting for the eligibility assessment.

They did not give me a time frame, so I have responded and asked for one.

waiting for the eligibility assessment? whatdaf000k? we gave them passport, rprf receipt, everything they've asked for and more. what is left to assess? uugghhh so frustrating....