+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Office, Appendix A & Passport original or photocopy??

HoneyMK

Mar 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been searching the forum about my situation, but I couldn't fully find the answer, so I am making a new topic.

I applied for my permanent residency under family sponsorship (outland) and my Canadian husband has been approved as a sponsor in January. My eCAS says that my application was received in Manila, and medical result was received in February.

Yesterday Manila office sent us an email, saying that I need to submit an additional document (which is Appendix A, where I need to fill in my and my husband's name, date of birth, height and eye color etc... the form was attached on the email) and at the top of this form, it says "Send the completed form with your passports". Does that mean that I am sending the photocopy of my passport, or the original passport? The email didn't say anything about sending them passport, only the form said to send passport.

I am super confused, because the email I received from Manila says "Unless we have specified otherwise, please send only original documents.", but the explanation of appendix A on the same email says "appendix A ---scanned copy submitted via email acceptable".

I really appreciate it if someone could help me.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyMK said:
Hello everyone,

I have been searching the forum about my situation, but I couldn't fully find the answer, so I am making a new topic.

I applied for my permanent residency under family sponsorship (outland) and my Canadian husband has been approved as a sponsor in January. My eCAS says that my application was received in Manila, and medical result was received in February.

Yesterday Manila office sent us an email, saying that I need to submit an additional document (which is Appendix A, where I need to fill in my and my husband's name, date of birth, height and eye color etc... the form was attached on the email) and at the top of this form, it says "Send the completed form with your passports". Does that mean that I am sending the photocopy of my passport, or the original passport? The email didn't say anything about sending them passport, only the form said to send passport.

I am super confused, because the email I received from Manila says "Unless we have specified otherwise, please send only original documents.", but the explanation of appendix A on the same email says "appendix A ---scanned copy submitted via email acceptable".

I really appreciate it if someone could help me.
the best advice i could give you is call Manila office and ask them directly.