+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila case - family/spouse sponsorship/PR(outland) application in December 2013

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Hi,
Did anyone file family/spouse(living out of Canada) sponsorship application in Dec. 2013 out there? Let's share the timeline here.

Here is mine:
Dec. 15, 2013 application sent to CPC-M;
Jan. 16, Sponsorship approved, PR application being transfered to Manila.

Couple of questions:
1) Does anyone get an AOR or anything from VO-Manila (assume AOR from VO is a normal step of application processing)?
2) Does anyone get anything new in E-CAS status (e.g. status changed to 'In Processing' from 'application received')?
Thanks, and wish all of us good luck!
By the way, kindly remind --- English Please!

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Nobody join in? I believe there must be somebody besides myself filed the application in december, 2013 and go through Manila. This shread should be more useful as different visa office has its own processing time and different manner to handle the cases. Please, help yourself, help others, wisely and efficiently!

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
com'on, guys!
why we waste much more time try to sort out something we are looking for from thousands of pages posts, and still wondering how on earth could we find anything really giving us a hint?
let's make it straight forward and make our life little bit easier......
or, should we?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
coolbucks said:
Hi,
Did anyone file family/spouse(living out of Canada) sponsorship application in Dec. 2013 out there? Let's share the timeline here.

Here is mine:
Dec. 15, 2013 application sent to CPC-M;
Jan. 16, Sponsorship approved, PR application being transfered to Manila.

Couple of questions:
1) Does anyone get an AOR or anything from VO-Manila (assume AOR from VO is a normal step of application processing)?
2) Does anyone get anything new in E-CAS status (e.g. status changed to 'In Processing' from 'application received')?
Thanks, and wish all of us good luck!
By the way, kindly remind --- English Please!
I'm not December, August applicant. But will try to answer your questions.
1) no AOR from CEM.
2)change in status"hit and miss" some do go to in process, but usually happens very late into process.many have no change during whole process.first sign CEM is working on your app will be Passport request.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Thanks, Step, for your kind reply.
One of the reasons I asked whether there is any kind of AOR from CEM is I saw in another website the process shows a different pattern from what we know here, as I mentioned in another thread. The website is called 'Trackitt'. Sorry for I am not allowed to post the link for tracking family sponsorship case of trackitt-Canada immigration tracker-family case, but you can easily find it by googl-ing it with those key words.
Once you find the shreadsheet, you can click 'Canadian Visa Office' twice to sort the table in order of visa offices. Then you can change the page number at bottom-left corner to 20, and find the cases through Manila started at the bottom part of the table. Looking through all those manila cases you can find a pattern that most of the cases got something like passport request from CEM about a month after sponsorship being approved.
By the way, my wife currently live in Japan but she's not Japanese citizen. Therefore I believe she still need to submit passport in order to get the visa.

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
coolbucks said:
One of the reasons I asked whether there is any kind of AOR from CEM is I saw in another website the process shows a different pattern from what we know here, as I mentioned in another thread. The website is called 'Trackitt'. Sorry for I am not allowed to post the link for tracking family sponsorship case of trackitt-Canada immigration tracker-family case, but you can easily find it by googl-ing it with those key words.
Once you find the shreadsheet, you can click 'Canadian Visa Office' twice to sort the table in order of visa offices. Then you can change the page number at bottom-left corner to 20, and find the cases through Manila started at the bottom part of the table. Looking through all those manila cases you can find a pattern that most of the cases got something like passport request from CEM about a month after sponsorship being approved.
By the way, my wife currently live in Japan but she's not Japanese citizen. Therefore I believe she still need to submit passport in order to get the visa.
How old is the data at Trackit?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
coolbucks said:
Yes, looked up Trackitt. Those cases all from 2011, things have changed now I believe. CEM has a huge backlog, back then listed processing times would have been much lower than today. Many things have contributed to slower processing,VO consolidation ( Seoul and Tokyo closed, all sent to Manila), Strike last summer, Typhoon. From what I can gather from Forum is PPR comes about 2 or 3 months before you get a decision.On most cases.Most are receiving PPR at around 10 months into process.I'm at almost 6 months now, nothing from CEM. My guess is another 3 or 4 months before any word.
And yes your wife will get PPR eventually, if she's not from a VISA exempt country.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
JGM613 said:
How old is the data at Trackit?
2011, does'nt apply now days. Many changes since then.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Step said:
Yes, looked up Trackitt. Those cases all from 2011, things have changed now I believe. CEM has a huge backlog, back then listed processing times would have been much lower than today. Many things have contributed to slower processing,VO consolidation ( Seoul and Tokyo closed, all sent to Manila), Strike last summer, Typhoon. From what I can gather from Forum is PPR comes about 2 or 3 months before you get a decision.On most cases.Most are receiving PPR at around 10 months into process.I'm at almost 6 months now, nothing from CEM. My guess is another 3 or 4 months before any word.
And yes your wife will get PPR eventually, if she's not from a VISA exempt country.
I think CEM not only changed the time of response such as request passport etc., but also their manner of handling cases. As shown in trackitt, they used to request passport first, then couple of months or even several months wait, and then request extra documents, or simply issue visa, or something else. At least we applicants know they got transfered applications, and probably nothing too much to worry about. But now, we are in completely dark for about 8 to 10 months, then it could turn out that our applications are still not transfered yet? This sound really outrageous.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Step said:
2011, does'nt apply now days. Many changes since then.
I wonder why there are not much follow up recently in trackitt. it seems just stopped there -- although I posted my own timeline.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
coolbucks said:
I think CEM not only changed the time of response such as request passport etc., but also their manner of handling cases. As shown in trackitt, they used to request passport first, then couple of months or even several months wait, and then request extra documents, or simply issue visa, or something else. At least we applicants know they got transfered applications, and probably nothing too much to worry about. But now, we are in completely dark for about 8 to 10 months, then it could turn out that our applications are still not transfered yet? This sound really outrageous.
Applications are transferred when you receive SA. CPC Mississauga forwards on that day, not sure how long app takes to get to CEM.but yes I agree should be a AOR from Manila, most other VO do.
For some reason CEM has their own set of rules.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Step said:
Applications are transferred when you receive SA. CPC Mississauga forwards on that day, not sure how long app takes to get to CEM.but yes I agree should be a AOR from Manila, most other VO do.
For some reason CEM has their own set of rules.
It's odd I have never seen any email from CIC but while I called after a month my submission was received (known by tracking the mail) a CIC officer told me my sponsorship was approved and an email was sent to me. I usually carefully sort out my email box, including trash box although I might neglect a few I shouldn't. I would have never known anything about SA if I hadn't called.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
coolbucks said:
It's odd I have never seen any email from CIC but while I called after a month my submission was received (known by tracking the mail) a CIC officer told me my sponsorship was approved and an email was sent to me. I usually carefully sort out my email box, including trash box although I might neglect a few I shouldn't. I would have never known anything about SA if I hadn't called.
Did you receive UCI or File number? If so you can log in to E-CAS check your info, maybe CIC has wrong address.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
Step said:
Did you receive UCI or File number? If so you can log in to E-CAS check your info, maybe CIC has wrong address.
I did get UCI number while I called CIC. CIC didn't send me the letter regarding SA by mail but email instead as CIC officer told me. I can't believe I missed that email. I usually check my email box very carefully even the emails in trash box.

coolbucks

Feb 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2013
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
It seem the timeline for CEM process is significantly changed compare to what it used to be couple of year ago (e.g. in 2011). It only took a month to get passport request from CEM then but now it will take about 6 months. After then it will still take extra several months to get passport back (hopefully with visa). What a wait game!