+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory Quarantine - PR travelling to Canada during this period

shehan2014

Dec 6, 2014
Hi,

Just checking if anyone of you holding the PR status travelled to Canada during the last 2 months ? If so what do the border officials check as a quarantine plan ? do you have to book a place online and show them that you have booked a place to quarantine ? If i'm staying at a room at my friends place where i used to stay will that be a problem ? what do they actually check when they say quarantine plan ? when boarding the flight from your home country do you have to do a PCR test ?

when

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Just checking if anyone of you holding the PR status travelled to Canada during the last 2 months ? If so what do the border officials check as a quarantine plan ? do you have to book a place online and show them that you have booked a place to quarantine ? If i'm staying at a room at my friends place where i used to stay will that be a problem ? what do they actually check when they say quarantine plan ? when boarding the flight from your home country do you have to do a PCR test ?

when
If you arrive and are staying at a friend’s home your friends must also agree not to leave for 14 days or your plan will be unacceptable.

shehan2014

Dec 6, 2014
If you arrive and are staying at a friend’s home your friends must also agree not to leave for 14 days or your plan will be unacceptable.
Thanks! if i dont have a properly planned place to stay can i stay at one of the quarantine centers provided by the government ? will they ask for my health card in that case ? I havent applied for one but i have my PR card and Ontario ID.

shehan2014

Dec 6, 2014
Hi, As you are alredy aware i'm in breach of my RO by around 8 months... say i enter Canada without being reported. As per your advice i will not try to sponsor my wife for 2 years until i'm compliant with the RO.

1.) Say my wife applies for a visitor visa to come and see me for a few days
2.) Say she applies for a masters

when she applies for either of the two visas will it get reported that i haven't met the RO ? I'm aware that the probability of getting a TR visa is less.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks! if i dont have a properly planned place to stay can i stay at one of the quarantine centers provided by the government ? will they ask for my health card in that case ? I havent applied for one but i have my PR card and Ontario ID.
It isn’t clear whether Canada is taking you to their quarantine hotel and making you pay for the quarantine room so would likely be better for you to find you own accommodations. Given that you don’t meet your RO seems like an even worse idea not to book your own accommodations.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, As you are alredy aware i'm in breach of my RO by around 8 months... say i enter Canada without being reported. As per your advice i will not try to sponsor my wife for 2 years until i'm compliant with the RO.

1.) Say my wife applies for a visitor visa to come and see me for a few days
2.) Say she applies for a masters

when she applies for either of the two visas will it get reported that i haven't met the RO ? I'm aware that the probability of getting a TR visa is less.
Technically it should be fine but there is always a risk. The chances of approval are quite low.

shehan2014

Dec 6, 2014
Technically it should be fine but there is always a risk. The chances of approval are quite low.
Thanks for your response.

The best option left is for my wife to apply for a PR on her own. Her occupation is in the NOC. If we take the spouse visa option we will have to wait 2 years until i'm compliant with the RO and then apply for the spouse visa. so we are looking at being apart for 3+ years. If she applies for a PR of her own we might be able to be together in 12 -18 months right ?

Also, in her application can she claim points because im a PR holder ? If my details are put in her appllication will it get exposed that i haven't been met the RO ? just want your advice with regards to this.

mits26

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

when
Did you travel ?

what are steps that one should take before travelling ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response.

The best option left is for my wife to apply for a PR on her own. Her occupation is in the NOC. If we take the spouse visa option we will have to wait 2 years until i'm compliant with the RO and then apply for the spouse visa. so we are looking at being apart for 3+ years. If she applies for a PR of her own we might be able to be together in 12 -18 months right ?

Also, in her application can she claim points because im a PR holder ? If my details are put in her appllication will it get exposed that i haven't been met the RO ? just want your advice with regards to this.
She’d need to have a CRS over 460+ these days. No you can’t claim points for a spouse.

Reactions: yumirdci