+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory Address Formats

alinapopa.19

Jan 27, 2018
In the Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) the addresses must be in the following format:

Apt/Unit
*Street Number
*Street Name

(*mandatory)

However, I have the following two addresses that don't fit that format and I don't know how to put them in:

(a UK address)
Flat 1
Abcdef House
Abcdefgh Avenue
London, UK

"Flat 1" fits in Apt/Unit and "Abcdefgh Avenue" is fine in the Street name but "Abcdef House" doesn't fit anywhere and I don't know where to put it as I don't have a Street number it's just the house name.

and

(a Romanian address)
Strada Abcdef no.1 block.23 ap.45 Bucharest, Sector 6, Romania

"Strada Abcdef" is fine in Street name and "1" for Street number but for the Apt/Unit I'm a bit confused. The building number is 23 and the apartment is 45, how should I be entering that?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So assume you are referring to question 12 where it just says street and number in one column.

Others can comment as well but if we’re me I would just put Flat 1,ABCDEF House,abcdefgh Ave in the street and number column given that is your address where you lived and mail was addressed to.

Same goes for Strada Abcdef no.1block 23 ap. 45 , all in the street and number column given that is where you lived and your mail would be addressed to.

Do not read the street and number literally is all am saying just read it as the details required if someone was sending you mail. Just might be a tight fit in the one box if so just overflow to the box below leaving the from/to box blank on the overflow line.