+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Managing Canada PR and H1B

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Thanks a lot for the guidance again ishangodbole. I just wanted to check whether the immigration officer could stop me and deny entry for me and my family incase I go in Jan 2023 for instance. Because the number of days won't be 730 until Jan 2024. It would only be 365 days ...

If I understand correctly,As long as the existing PR card is valid I can enter and the immigration officer won't pick up the days calculator for every single person entering the country. I can enter in Jan 2023 and don't leave Canada until Jan 2025 so that I can renew my PR in Canada itself. Is my understanding correct

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks a lot for the guidance again ishangodbole. I just wanted to check whether the immigration officer could stop me and deny entry for me and my family incase I go in Jan 2023 for instance. Because the number of days won't be 730 until Jan 2024. It would only be 365 days ...

If I understand correctly,As long as the existing PR card is valid I can enter and the immigration officer won't pick up the days calculator for every single person entering the country. I can enter in Jan 2023 and don't leave Canada until Jan 2025 so that I can renew my PR in Canada itself. Is my understanding correct
Just because you have valid PR card doesn't mean the officer can't report you for breaching residency obligations (RO). As a PR, you'll be allowed in but IRCC may start the removal process for the breach. If you do manage to sneak in without CBSA reporting you, don't apply for PR card or sponsorship applications until breach is cured.

Inverse is true however, CBSA can't deny you entry nor can they report you to IRCC even if your PR card is expired as long as you identify yourself as PR and have not breached RO.

Reactions: kingofpsg

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Incase the officer reported and the ircc starts removal process for breach, I'll be able to stay until the original expiry of PR which is Jan 2024 am I correct ishangodbole