patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I'm still a generalist consultant (4 years of work experience), so I'm a bit worried about finding jobs in Canada... Obviously management consulting is super competitive everywhere, so i don't expect being able to find a job in this industry immediately. But at the same time, i don't really have a specialization for any specific industry, so i'm not sure if industries will take me either...
Any suggestion for me?

Also, would be nice to get to know each other. I am based in Ho Chi Minh City and working for one of the Big4 firms.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patricia.hple said:
Hi guys,

I'm still a generalist consultant (4 years of work experience), so I'm a bit worried about finding jobs in Canada... Obviously management consulting is super competitive everywhere, so i don't expect being able to find a job in this industry immediately. But at the same time, i don't really have a specialization for any specific industry, so i'm not sure if industries will take me either...
Any suggestion for me?

Also, would be nice to get to know each other. I am based in Ho Chi Minh City and working for one of the Big4 firms.
Hey!

Big 4 are the starting point in your case at Canada. I too have noc 1122, and i have 8+ years of experience in internal/external consulting in BFSI operations with an Indian IT major. But unless you have experience in the local market, chances are high that we won't feature in the top of the stack. Try picking up a Canadian assignment from your current employer?

Cheers!

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchaser said:
Hey!

Big 4 are the starting point in your case at Canada. I too have noc 1122, and i have 8+ years of experience in internal/external consulting in BFSI operations with an Indian IT major. But unless you have experience in the local market, chances are high that we won't feature in the top of the stack. Try picking up a Canadian assignment from your current employer?

Cheers!
Hey Sunchaser,
Only now do i see your reply haha. Thanks for the reply. Seems like there aren't that many NOC 1122 around.
Zero chance of getting Canadian assignment in my current position. I'm now prepping for grad school.. Internal transfer at junior level is difficult and I seriously don't think I can apply directly to Big4 Canada with zero local knowledge either. So yea,,, Are you based in Canada? Which province?

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
Finally I found the right thread. I am having close to 13 years experience out of which 7 years are in NOC 1122. I was wondering if there are others with similar NOC. Can we kickstart this thread again?

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveks said:
Finally I found the right thread. I am having close to 13 years experience out of which 7 years are in NOC 1122. I was wondering if there are others with similar NOC. Can we kickstart this thread again?
Definitely!!! OMG, more of us!

IamImmigrant

Feb 28, 2017
viveks said:
Hey Vivek,

Congratulations for the PPR, even I am in the same NOC currently waiting post AOR. Wanted to know if there's group to join and network for the NOC.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I have 6 years of Work Ex - 2 years in 2121, 2 years in 4163 and around 1.5 years in 1122...I am Management Consultant only in Pharma, Biotech and Medical Devices sector. 8)

As usual, I am also concerned about job prospects as I am paid quite well in India. Though I work mostly for European and North American Pharma companies, I am assuming it will be fine?!? :-X

Also, I did my BSc and MSc from top universities in Europe (Does that helps?) :)

Anyway, I won't go straight away.... :-\ I'll wait what my current employer says :'( and then if they say NO...I might tell them I could work in Indian salary in Canada (which I hope they will agree to..)..If not I'll try to look for job from India and if that's not possible either...I'll go for Job Search in Canada or MBA in Canada from Toronto (which I declined once in 2012 :-[)

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Hi Gents -

I needed to know something: Does any one hold a BS engineering degree plus a MBA Marketing to qualify for this job role? I want to submit my Canadian EOI application with this category...Will appreciate your guidance. Thanks.

Nitisha

Apr 7, 2015
Hello people,

I have worked as Quality Auditor in an IT company. I am preparing reference letter for myself but the roles and responsibilities mentioned in NOC doesn't comply completely with the ones I have performed. Its just one point that includes duties of an auditor. So I would request any of you to please share the roles and responsibilities mentioned by you in your reference letter.

Thanks in advance.

mannan2000

Jan 4, 2017
I have 6 years of Work Ex - 2 years in 2121, 2 years in 4163 and around 1.5 years in 1122...I am Management Consultant only in Pharma, Biotech and Medical Devices sector. 8)

As usual, I am also concerned about job prospects as I am paid quite well in India. Though I work mostly for European and North American Pharma companies, I am assuming it will be fine?!? :-X

Also, I did my BSc and MSc from top universities in Europe (Does that helps?) :)

Anyway, I won't go straight away.... :-\ I'll wait what my current employer says :'( and then if they say NO...I might tell them I could work in Indian salary in Canada (which I hope they will agree to..)..If not I'll try to look for job from India and if that's not possible either...I'll go for Job Search in Canada or MBA in Canada from Toronto (which I declined once in 2012 :-[)

I AM also from same field......can you connect with me on whatsapp +91 9966073702

James D. Ryan

Mar 13, 2019
Hi all,

I'm a generalist management consultant too with 4 years of experience in Southeast Asia. May I please ask about the job prospect for management consulting in Canada (i.e. Toronto)? Also, is it true that an MBA will increase one's chance of sneaking consulting industry there?

Thank you a lot. Cheers!

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
hi, any idea from where I can get my reference letter jobs and responsibilities checked for NOC 1122.

merlz

May 25, 2019
Dear All,
Need your help please for NOC code confirmation. I work in a banking firm and confused between NOC 1122 and 1114. Does anyone have a similar profile, if yes which NOC have you chosen ?

Since May 2014
Senior Compliance Analyst - Compliance and Control
· Supporting the yearly execution of the enterprise wide compliance risk assessment (EWCRA) as per defined timelines, assessed final output of previous year and incorporate deliverables into the current year plan and track progress of remedial actions including updating of compliance manuals related to CRA using best practices to provide visibility and transparency of status and issues in the CRA process thus ensuring smooth flow of the process
· Leading the platform testing process and execution testing of test scripts for various technical requirements which includes UAT testing (end to end) and preparing tactical user stories for various changes to be done in the CRA Tool.
· Actively engaged in Quality Assurance (QA) process, reporting and all the adhoc requests facilitated by the stakeholders.
· Generating and preparing of CRA Business results for all senior stakeholders
· Analyzing control gaps to identify the function related Gaps affecting the business, rules analysis for various policies related to various regulations.
· Preparing Training decks for various respondents and QA reviewers to get a better understanding of the process and CRA tool.
· Calculating and aggregating the conduct risk key risk frameworks for various policy risk to themes mapping.
· Assisting in the RCSA and CMRA calculation for Protiviti Risk Assessment business unit alignment

My Academic profile as per WES:
a) Bachelor degree of 4 years
b) Post Graduate Diploma of 1 year

P.S. I strongly feel its 1122 but suggestions will be helpful.