+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Malaysia VFS - Biometric On Hold

Divakrn

Aug 20, 2021
The biometric process for Canada visa is on hold from June 1st and until further notice. I have tried to contact VFS they don't have a timeline.
Does anyone have any news on when it will be open or any other alternate for it?

UK visa processing is open and I am not sure why the Canada process is on hold.

Visa is an essential document I am not sure why this is closed and not included in essential service, do we have any forum or petition to raise this to the concerned department.

Many students & professional career is on hold because of this.

wpengkent

Jul 5, 2021
UK center is opening as the British Commission is actively helping the students and they work very hard to get the visa processing going.
Personally, I had written email to various agencies and even talked to the press and the Canada High Commission does not care at all.

Links of various news below
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-submission-malaysia.731704/page-2#post-9538277

Email I sent to Canada High Commission in Malaysia (klmpr@international.gc.ca)

Dear sir,

I am writing this letter to bring your attention to the impact of the closure of VFS Global, the only visa application center in Malaysia, which has caused to students apply for a study permit.

While I understand the visa processing center is located in Singapore, the closure of the VFS Global means we could not submit our passports to the Singapore visa office when we received an "Original Passport Request" from the IRCC portal.

All students must submit their passports to finalize the application. As I quoted from the request letter from IRCC, this has to be done within 30 days after receiving the request.
"Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport."

I am urging the High Commission of Canada in Malaysia could help us by asking the visa application center to reopen and we deem this is an essential service. Concerned students have started a petition and local newspapers have voiced out the matters.

Yesterday, the High Commission of the UK in Malaysia has announced that VFS Global's UK Visa and Immigration service is resuming its service. Unfortunately, other Visa Application centre including Canada remain closed.

Most students are stuck in the final stage of the application process, which is to submit their passport to the VFS so that it could be transferred to Singapore safely for the final process.

Thank you very much for looking into the matter.

################################

Their irresponsible reply:

The Migration Office at The High Commission of Canada in Singapore is still processing temporary resident applications (tourists, students, and foreign workers) from applicants residing in Malaysia despite the VAC closure. Once an application has been assessed, the Migration Office in Singapore will communicate with the applicant directly to advise them of the next steps. This could include instructions to submit additional documents, undergo a medical exam, submit biometrics, etc.

If applicants receive a request from the Migration Office that they cannot complete within the specified timeline, they should contact the Migration Office directly at Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca , where they can either extend the deadline or provide an alternative solution. Each case will be assessed on its own merit.