+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making mistakes on paperwork for PR

Splistic

Jan 15, 2013
If I make a mistake on a form, can I use that paper white out and write over it? Or is that not acceptable? Do I have to print out new forms?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Do not use white out, instead draw one line neatly over it and write the correct information. I prefer to have a flawless application - so I complete a rough copy, correct any errors, etc. When it's done, I then fill out new forms by copying the information from the other forms.

Splistic

Jan 15, 2013
Thank you for the info.

I prefer to have a flawless one too. Writing it all over seems daunting in itself, but it's worth the peace of mind.

Jan 28, 2013
hey there,
i m sending this post as i see u as a top member in this website....actually recently i got my wp refusal letter and since then i have stopped working...i called up cic people to know that why my wp application was refused, on that they replied me i applied for post graduate work permit instead of a work permit after getting a provinicial nominee..and evn on my wp application i didnt attached my provinicial nominee.. right now i have everything even my provinicial nominee so what are the chances of getting my restoration and wp....
and exactly what should i write in my letter of explaination that why i overstayed???
another thing and now i m trying to do online but those cic people are saying that u cant do it online instead u got to send papers through post.. now somehow i was able to go to submit electronically.... but now i m having problem uploading the file.... anyhow now as those cic call centers are saying that i cant do it online and if i m able to successed to do it online.. will be there any problem i mean will they wont accept my application or something like that... i m confused can u help and put some light on this matter???? and i know its asking too much.. but will those cic people will considerate some forms which have everything like in my case i have provincial nominee, job letter and every other thing...???

kindly help!!!!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you are not certain that the forms have been submitted entirely this time, it's probably better to consider sending the application by mail.

Since your work permit was refused, you do not have implied status and you've done the right thing by stopping your employment. You now have 90 days from your refusal date to apply for restoration of status.
As for your explantion letter - tell them what the call centre told you i.e. you applied for a post graduate work permit, instead of a work permit and forgot to include your nominee letter and that you have corrected your mistake and have all documents required.

Note that you must apply for restoration of status($200) AND a new work permit($150) together and it must be done within 90 days of the refusal date.