+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making changes to application after ITA

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Hi all!
So I received an ITA with 482 points which was a bit unexpected after all, I figured it would take longer.
However, after submitting my profile a while ago I never really double-checked it again.
So at the time I answered "Yes" for job offer but "No" for the LMIA, which I don't have and won't get. But I'm working full time here and I do have a job offer as many others, just no LMIA.
I read today, that because I don't have an LMIA, I should have said "No" for the job offer.
(http:// www . cic . gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true)
That won't change my points at all, but it's of course a different reply to one of the questions in the profile.

Has anybody had the same issue? Can I just update this and correct the mistake and say "No" now, in my application? Or will they compare my profile to my application and then assume that I made a wrong statement? Should I add a letter of explanation to avoid that they reject me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Rosalie87 said:
Hi all!
So I received an ITA with 482 points which was a bit unexpected after all, I figured it would take longer.
However, after submitting my profile a while ago I never really double-checked it again.
So at the time I answered "Yes" for job offer but "No" for the LMIA, which I don't have and won't get. But I'm working full time here and I do have a job offer as many others, just no LMIA.
I read today, that because I don't have an LMIA, I should have said "No" for the job offer.
(http:// www . cic . gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true)
That won't change my points at all, but it's of course a different reply to one of the questions in the profile.

Has anybody had the same issue? Can I just update this and correct the mistake and say "No" now, in my application? Or will they compare my profile to my application and then assume that I made a wrong statement? Should I add a letter of explanation to avoid that they reject me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do not worry. You have a job offer and you answered correctly. The advantage you have among others is not the points but not having to show the LICO (proof of funds for fhe number of people included in your application ) as you are working in Canada and have a job offer.
You won't be rejected. The arranged employment ( job offer + LMIA ) gives you 600 points. You did not get 600 points so there is no misrepresentation. Do not change anything . Keep it as it is and yes, in your submission letter mention your job offer and add the letter to it.

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Oh man, I just asked on another forum and the reply was the complete opposite. Also looking at this website it kind of implies that I should not say yes: http:// www . cic . gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true

Also, if I continue after putting all my details in, my document check list asks me for proof of funds as well as job offer AND letter of employment. So there's not really any point in keep it at "Yes"...

bimbim

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Rosalie87 said:
Oh man, I just asked on another forum and the reply was the complete opposite. Also looking at this website it kind of implies that I should not say yes: http:// www . cic . gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1009&t=29&wbdisable=true

Also, if I continue after putting all my details in, my document check list asks me for proof of funds as well as job offer AND letter of employment. So there's not really any point in keep it at "Yes"...
If the job offer is not supported with LMIA, your answer should be No.

ajv24

Mar 22, 2015
Do you have a new job offer on hand or did you say 'yes' only on the basis that you are already working for past few months? If it was the later, you should have said no.

peddy

Mar 1, 2015
In the form they're asking you about the lmo twice, first time you had LMO when you got your job offer, otherwise you wouldn'r be here. LMO is valid for the 6 months, so when they ask you for the second time about lmo, which you probably don't have, you should say no, but you do have a job contact (job offer) and it gives you 600 poits. That's how it works I suppose.