+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"making an H&C application doesnt give an applicant the right to remain in canada"

aliready

Jun 15, 2020
after they receive the application will they notify the applicant to leave canada, and wait for a decision in their home country or they will tell applicant @ stage 1?
I read that stage 1 can take many months

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
after they receive the application will they notify the applicant to leave canada, and wait for a decision in their home country or they will tell applicant @ stage 1?
I read that stage 1 can take many months
Generally speaking, it's very strongly recommended that you remain in Canada until the H&C application is finalized (unless of course you are removed by CBSA from Canada while the H&C application is being processed). Generally speaking, being outside of Canada can weaken your H&C application and demonstrate that you don't have a strong H&C need to be in Canada. Best to remain in Canada if you can.

If you are removed from Canada, you won't be able to return until the H&C application is approved.

aliready

Jun 15, 2020
Generally speaking, it's very strongly recommended that you remain in Canada until the H&C application is finalized (unless of course you are removed by CBSA from Canada while the H&C application is being processed). Generally speaking, being outside of Canada can weaken your H&C application and demonstrate that you don't have a strong H&C need to be in Canada. Best to remain in Canada if you can.

If you are removed from Canada, you won't be able to return until the H&C application is approved.
im confused as to why CBSA would be able to remove a H&C applicant?
thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
im confused as to why CBSA would be able to remove a H&C applicant?
thanks in advance
I'm not sure I understand your question.

If someone is under a removal order and CBSA decides to proceed with the removal order, having an H&C application in progress which hasn't received first stage approval won't halt that person's removal from Canada.

aliready

Jun 15, 2020
I'm not sure I understand your question.

If someone is under a removal order and CBSA decides to proceed with the removal order, having an H&C application in progress which hasn't received first stage approval won't halt that person's removal from Canada.
Anyone without status is at risk of being removed.
Yes, you both gave me the answer to my question. thx