+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Make sure you close EVERYTHING when taking the Citizenship test :D

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
Today I finally decided to sit down and take the Citizenship test, and I cautiously followed the instructions of the doc.
I had only the test tab open on the browser, and no other windows open and all should be good right?

Well, I forgot to turn off my Telegram desktop client.

Obviously right in the middle of my test I got a message from a friend giving me the closest thing to a heart attack I've ever felt.

Luckily I did not click outside the browser, or even look at the notification on the edge of the screen, (so in theory I should be okay... hopefully) but an IRCC agent may come across a very shocked photo of me.

So all in all, I'm sharing my experience with you folks so you don't make the same mistake as me.

Close any messaging clients (whatsapp, discord, telegram and etc) you have installed, shut down ANY application that may throw out a notification, and make sure you do NOT click anything that pops up on the screen.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
So, in my windows, I actually created a new account just for the test. It was smooth as butter. No disruption!!

Reactions: mrmrtn

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My test status has been marked as complete. Guess it all worked out.
Hi can you please elaborate on the screenshot above? I thought that 'Language skills', 'Physical Presence', 'Background verification' and 'Prohibitions' had to be marked as 'Completed' before you are invited for the 'Citizenship' Test? Has this changed? Or is my understanding incorrect?

Thank you for your replies.

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
Hi can you please elaborate on the screenshot above? I thought that 'Language skills', 'Physical Presence', 'Background verification' and 'Prohibitions' had to be marked as 'Completed' before you are invited for the 'Citizenship' Test? Has this changed? Or is my understanding incorrect?

Thank you for your replies.
Sure, so weirdly enough IRCC only updates 'Language skills', 'Physical Presence' and 'Prohibitions' to completed once a decision is made.
I'm assuming it's due to them reviewing it all during the "Decision Made" process.

BigSley

Jul 12, 2022
You guys got your final result after the test?? I did my test yesterday and there was a small screen as a notification from my screen so I clicked to close it and a warning should showed up asked if I was still there? You all think I fucked up?

exchange27

Apr 17, 2018
You guys got your final result after the test?? I did my test yesterday and there was a small screen as a notification from my screen so I clicked to close it and a warning should showed up asked if I was still there? You all think I fucked up?
Did they ask you to give the test again?
The same thing happened to me, I kept getting an annoying notification about a USB port and I went to close it and got a warning on the test browser.

Shefu02

Apr 2, 2023
The same thing happened to me, I kept getting an annoying notification about a USB port and I went to close it and got a warning on the test browser.
Hi, can you update what happened. Similar thing happened to me today and I am soo stressed

eddieMex

Nov 5, 2021
What happened with your test. I got a notification from my windows sidebar about weatheror news I have no idea what it was and close it on impulse. I gpt the warning too