+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

make a refugee claim in airport or IRCC office

neama

Apr 27, 2017
Hi
I am Saudi women and I will travel to Canada on June to seek asylum for fear of blasphemy punishment.

but the problem is that I will be with my brother and sister in the airplane ,and I don't want my family to find out about it ,I don't want them to disown me when they find out the truth .

what is your advise?
when the employee of immigration office ask me the reason for visting to Canada
what should i tell them ?if I tell them I want to seek asylum can I complete the process in IRCC office in next day when I am by my own ,or I would have to stay in the airport to claim for asylum?
and final question do the Canadian government will inform the Saudi embassy .

sorry for my bad English

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
neama said:
Hi
I am Saudi women and I will travel to Canada on June to seek asylum for fear of blasphemy punishment.

but the problem is that I will be with my brother and sister in the airplane ,and I don't want my family to find out about it ,I don't want them to disown me when they find out the truth .

what is your advise?
what should i tell them ?if I tell them I want to seek asylum can I complete the process in IRCC office in next day when I am by my own ,or I would have to stay in the airport to claim for asylum?

sorry for my bad English
You mean your brother and sister are going to punish you for blasphemy?

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neama said:
Hi

what is your advise?

sorry for my bad English
Tell the immigration officer that you want to claim asylum in Canada. He will explain the whole process for you. They will provide a translator for you in Arabic so you don't have to worry about the language barrier.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
neama said:
Hi

what is your advise?

sorry for my bad English
You don't have to file refugee/asylum claim with CBSA when you arrive at airport. You can simply enter as a visitor, complete the asylum application forms, and then later apply for asylum from any IRCC office. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/apply-how.asp

Of course you realize your family will eventually find out. Why else would you stay in Canada while they return back home later on. As an asylum seeker, you will not be allowed to return to your home country.

neama

Apr 27, 2017
Lasso said:
You mean your brother and sister are going to punish you for blasphemy?
no there are still Muslim , they will travel with me as visitor.
if I go to different direction and left the for making interview .
I don't now who long it will take for me to claim for asylum in the airport ,so I thought it will be better if I were by my own .

You don't have to file refugee/asylum claim with CBSA when you arrive at airport. You can simply enter as a visitor, complete the asylum application forms, and then later apply for asylum from any IRCC office.
Of course you realize your family will eventually find out. Why else would you stay in Canada while they return back home later on. As an asylum seeker, you will not be allowed to return to your home country.
I don't want to go back there ,I just i want to sill make contact with them and make calls .
maybe they will find out sooner or later. but try to delay it if i could.
thank you a lot for you answers.

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
neama said:
Hi

what is your advise?

sorry for my bad English
. سلام اختي

ليس عليك تقديم طلب اللجوء في المطار. يمكنك ببساطة الدخول كزائر، واستكمال استمارات طلب اللجوء، ثم التقدم بطلب لجوء في وقت لاحق من أي مكتب من اللاجئين اللاجئين والمواطن كندا
ربنا يحميك

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
neama said:
Hi

First enter inside Canada as a tourist, then contact any lawyer or call Legal Aid. That's very relaxing than claiming it at Airport. I also just landed and preparing my forms and documents with the help of lawyer and soon I will submitt my claim.

If you need any help about the Lawyer, then PM me please

Regards,

what is your advise?

sorry for my bad English

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your English is fine. Everyone understands what you are saying. Come as a visitor and while you are here find the local Immigration office and go and apply.