NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
Major problems associated with BILL C-24

Can someone please list out major problems of this new BILL.
What difficulties are associated with this BILL?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
FIYAZALI said:

I don't see any major problems with it.

The part that everyone is making a big fuss over the bill is the removal of Canadian citizenship clause. What these people are forgetting is that it can only be done if you are convicted of terrorism AND hold DUAL citizenship.

The other issue is the "intend to reside" clause. This only applies to those who apply for canadian citizenship. The intend to resides applies to the period between submitting your application to the day you become Canadian. The purpose of the clause is to make the PR actually stay in Canada while they wait to be become Canadian. This is to prevent PR from taking off and leaving Canada after submitting the application while waiting for citizenship. They can stay outside Canada up to 3 years while waiting for citizenship. To me that doesn't make sense. You do want Canada to be your home country or not? To leave Canada while waiting for citizenship tells me that the PR only want to be Canadian of Convenient.

Screech339

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I don't see any major problems with it.

The part that everyone is making a big fuss over the bill is the removal of Canadian citizenship clause. What these people are forgetting is that it can only be done if you are convicted of terrorism AND hold DUAL citizenship.

Screech339
So when I become Canadian, I am in danger of losing it already since ill be considered a dual citizen??

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
IRCANADA said:
So when I become Canadian, I am in danger of losing it already since ill be considered a dual citizen??
You are only in danger of losing it already if you intend to commit terrorism. If you have no intention of committing terrorism, you are in no danger of losing Canadian citizenship.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A law obeying person does not have to fear for anything. I don't see any Canadian citizen will loose citizenship during the lifetime unless committing such horrendous crime. Think like this, even a person a born citizen and became a terror, in that case he has to live behind the bar rest of his life. So, his Canadian citizenship is useless..

Once people will get the citizenship, just keep on carry normal life like millions of other Canadians.. Live peacefully, work peacefully where ever you want across the globe, travel freely and so on...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rayman_m said:
A law obeying person does not have to fear for anything. I don't see any Canadian citizen will loose citizenship during the lifetime unless committing such horrendous crime. Think like this, even a person a born citizen and became a terror, in that case he has to live behind the bar rest of his life. So, his Canadian citizenship is useless..

Once people will get the citizenship, just keep on carry normal life like millions of other Canadians.. Live peacefully, work peacefully where ever you want across the globe, travel freely and so on...
Even a Canadian borne Dual citizen can lose Canadian citizenship. So he/she can be deported out of Canada and sent to his/her other country of citizenship.

A Canadian citizen terrorist can still get out of behind bars on parole. He/she won't remain behind bars for life. He/she can still get out.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
FIYAZALI said:

Hello ,

Just a quick sincere suggestion , please do remove your personal details from your signature . You could be a victim of identity theft and someone could mis-use them .

regards

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Even a Canadian borne Dual citizen can lose Canadian citizenship. So he/she can be deported out of Canada and sent to his/her other country of citizenship.

A Canadian citizen terrorist can still get out of behind bars on parole. He/she won't remain behind bars for life. He/she can still get out.
I don't think a convicted terrorist can be released on parole (unless in a rare circumstances). A dual citizen should think before committing the scale and nature of crime for which he/she can be deported to other country..

So, the loosing Citizenship may concern only a tiny portion of people while rest are not even think of this topic..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rayman_m said:
I don't think a convicted terrorist can be released on parole (unless in a rare circumstances). A dual citizen should think before committing the scale and nature of crime for which he/she can be deported to other country..

So, the loosing Citizenship may concern only a tiny portion of people while rest are not even think of this topic..
But a convicted murderer can get paroled? How is a convicted murderer any different from a convicted terrorist. They both murder people.

Screech339

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Difference between a murderer (incident may occur on domestic/family/social issues) and a terrorist is:

A murderer may get life prison and sent to correction facilities and after spending large portion of sentence if the court finds the person is no longer a threat to the society may release on certain condition. While a terrorist murderer consider a threat to the entire nation and it's security and will have rare chance to get out prison on parole..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rayman_m said:
Difference between a murderer (incident may occur on domestic/family/social issues) and a terrorist is:

A murderer may get life prison and sent to correction facilities and after spending large portion of sentence if the court finds the person is no longer a threat to the society may release on certain condition. While a terrorist murderer consider a threat to the entire nation and it's security and will have rare chance to get out prison on parole..
Not if the terrorist "realized his mistake" and renounced his radial ideology and blame it on "brainwashing".

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
You are only in danger of losing it already if you intend to commit terrorism. If you have no intention of committing terrorism, you are in no danger of losing Canadian citizenship.
haha !! I was just asking would be losing it since i will be dual citizen and living abroad for work lets say after i become a citizen!! ( not being a terrorist lo)

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally, the only problem I see with this bill is the 4/6 rule. All other things don't matter to me such as language, dual citizen is not allowed in my country, (Indian P.P. doesn't have much of a value anyways), Im fine with intent to reside, as I am well settled here. Even things like language : I have a score of 9 in IELTS and have a Canadian accent.

I do realize there might be some applicants who might have trouble with English skills, intent to reside, it is sad and I feel sorry for them. The requirements are harsher for them.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
IRCANADA said:
haha !! I was just asking would be losing it since i will be dual citizen and living abroad for work lets say after i become a citizen!! ( not being a terrorist lo)
You won't lose your Canadian citizenship because you moved out of Canada for work or even for retirement.