+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Major Mistake - At sign your application city of sign

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did a blunder, in sign your application section for city of sign i mentioned birth place rather than place of sign. for sure this will result in application rejection or a revert from them thus resulting in delay. my current address does reflect correct place from where i'm submitting my application. is there a way i can request for correction?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did a blunder, in sign your application section for city of sign i mentioned birth place rather than place of sign. for sure this will result in application rejection or a revert from them thus resulting in delay. my current address does reflect correct place from where i'm submitting my application. is there a way i can request for correction?
Unfortunately no. Your file will probably be returned to you when they open it and discover the mistake.

Reactions: prseeker2017

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
If it is returned you can most likely use the existing payment receipt
You wont need to pay again..
But yes its the time that will take a hit wrt application.... return time, resending it back and then processing time
I applied online. Would this cause a ban and if I receive AOR should I assume all is good? Should I withdraw the application?

thenewguy12

Oct 16, 2020
Congratulations to all who got invitation and good luck for folks waiting. Oath is updated on CST tracker but still waiting for email. How long it takes to get email??? Any help is appreciated.

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Unfortunately, without opening the file, this won't be possible.
UCI number works well without application number. As far as I know when IRCC receive application, they check if application complete or not, they don't check information provided at this stage, except gaps in dates and documents required.

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
UCI number works well without application number. As far as I know when IRCC receive application, they check if application complete or not, they don't check information provided at this stage, except gaps in dates and documents required.
To send correct information to IRCC shall I print last page of paper application, handwrite/ type letter of explanation(with my identification) and send it to IRCC address mentioned in the paper application? This might confuse them.
Would keeping quiet and waiting for them to provide next steps be better?

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was reading horror stories of misrepresentation in the forum. I'm thinking of withdrawing the application to avoid complications later. Is this a better approach rather than them take any harsh action?

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Send them a web inquiry and upload an explanation letter.
Also you don't need to repay payments even if your application is returned, you can re use the payment receipt.
Goodluck

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Send them a web inquiry and upload an explanation letter.
Also you don't need to repay payments even if your application is returned, you can re use the payment receipt.
Goodluck
Thanks. Since I haven't received AOR there is no provision to upload explanation letter for online application. Would you be able to share some details on how to go about the process.
I'm submitting a request by going to Application (cic.gc.ca) and to Others section. It shows a form where I guess I can request for corrections.