+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintained minimum liquid asset only for 2 months

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys,

Express entry, ITA received.

In the required bank documents (Proof of means of financial support), its mentioned that we need to show month end statements for last 6 months. My 2 previous statements meets the liquid asset requirement for express entry for single applicant but 4 months prior to that it does not.

Will this cause any issue
Should I send a letter of explanation with my application stating why this happened, will this help my case.

Please help!
Appreciate your help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only should you submit a LOE but also proof of where this money came from (gift deed, sale of assets, etc) if you used it to meet the minimum required funds.

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Not only should you submit a LOE but also proof of where this money came from (gift deed, sale of assets, etc) if you used it to meet the minimum required funds.
Thank you for your reply, DelPiero07.

Could you please tell me what document I need to show as a proof for where it came from

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Thank you for your reply, DelPiero07.

Could you please tell me what document I need to show as a proof for where it came from
Its a gift from my brother, and he made a online transaction. So if I show proof of this transaction on my bank statement, would that be sufficient?

Thanks again.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a gift from my brother, and he made a online transaction. So if I show proof of this transaction on my bank statement, would that be sufficient?

Thanks again.
A gift deed + your bank statement + his bank statement (not required but you can add it if you feel like it) + a LOE

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
A gift deed + your bank statement + his bank statement (not required but you can add it if you feel like it) + a LOE
Thanks a ton DePiero07. Really appreciate your quick responses.
I had couple more questions regarding the gift deed.

1. Will the gift deed format provided below in this forum work even in the US? (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/)

2. Can my sister-in-law act as witness?

3. Does this gift deed need to be notarized?

Thanks,
Nitin

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As i'm not from the States I cannot answer your questions on how to properly execute a gift deed there. Contact a public notary and ask him/her these questions.