+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Main applicant got eCOPR, dependent outside Canada passport at IRCC Singapore advice>?

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
My wife and I(in Canada) got our eCOPR Friday

Our son's passport has been sitting in Singapore for 2 months after they requested he submit his passport.

Helpful members here have stated it is because we have to get the eCOPR before his visa stamp is processed.

But do we do anything now? Contact anyone?

Canada uses VFS Global for the services, was thinking about contacting them to alert them we got the eCOPR? Or should I just wait a couple weeks?

We have time, his COPR expires April 24th

Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My wife and I(in Canada) got our eCOPR Friday

Our son's passport has been sitting in Singapore for 2 months after they requested he submit his passport.

Helpful members here have stated it is because we have to get the eCOPR before his visa stamp is processed.

But do we do anything now? Contact anyone?

Canada uses VFS Global for the services, was thinking about contacting them to alert them we got the eCOPR? Or should I just wait a couple weeks?

We have time, his COPR expires April 24th

Thanks
I don't think visa stamping is contingent your on eCoPR. A lot of cases on the forum where outland passports were stamped way before eCoPR was issued.

You need to contact the embassy in Singapore. It isn't VFS's prerogative to start processing your application at Singapore.

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
I don't think visa stamping is contingent your on eCoPR. A lot of cases on the forum where outland passports were stamped way before eCoPR was issued.

You need to contact the embassy in Singapore. It isn't VFS's prerogative to start processing your application at Singapore.
Thanks
I just sent the webform request to Singapore........

We have 3 months before his COPR expires, so I will give it a few weeks before freaking out, but 2 months is a long time to keep someone's passport

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks
I just sent the webform request to Singapore........

We have 3 months before his COPR expires, so I will give it a few weeks before freaking out, but 2 months is a long time to keep someone's passport
What COPR are you referring to? Do you mean the 'COPR information' online from before approval? That's not a COPR. It's just an electronic placeholder.

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
What COPR are you referring to? Do you mean the 'COPR information' online from before approval? That's not a COPR. It's just an electronic placeholder.
This..............the date he needs to land in Canada before

IME results expiry date:
COPR expiry date:

Apr 28, 2024
Apr 25, 2024

But his passport was sent today from Singapore, so he should receive it in a few days

Reactions: armoured