+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Main applicant abandons family and single mother wants to sponsor parents

starhotelshen

May 21, 2013
:) My ex, my son and I landed as new immigrants in 2008, with my ex as the main applicant. We three left Canada after a short stay. My ex came to Vancouver in 2010 and had a quite well-paid job.

:mad: Just before I coming to Van with our son, my ex raised the divorce issue and said he was determined to start a new life without burden of family. From then on, he did not pay any support fees (untill a court order issued in Jul. 2012).

:( I came to Van alone and found a job soon in early 2011, but not well paid.

::) I applied for my parents' visa and they came to Van with my son in 2011. Their visas have been extended to Jan 2014 successfully. They help me to take care of my son while I have a full time job and part time courses in the evening.

:-\ Since the amount of low income cut-off line has been greatly increased, now I need annual income of $56,000 to sponsor both my parents (household of 4 persons). I am now applying for spousal support and pending for a court order. If I am entitled with this part of support, can the child support and spousal support be calculated as my family income for sponsorship?

BTW, my ex is now sponsoring his parents and his step-mother. Is he qualified to sponsor while he abandoning me and the child in such a bad manner?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Sorry to hear about your ordeal

Since the amount of low income cut-off line has been greatly increased, now I need annual income of $56,000 to sponsor both my parents (household of 4 persons). I am now applying for spousal support and pending for a court order. If I am entitled with this part of support, can the child support and spousal support be calculated as my family income for sponsorship?

I believe it shouldn't be a problem as it's income but wait for others to confirm, however the sponsorship hasn't begun yet and you need to show 3 years of continuous income for that 56K, not for a single year only

BTW, my ex is now sponsoring his parents and his step-mother. Is he qualified to sponsor while he abandoning me and the child in such a bad manner?

This is a marital issue, unless he has a criminal record, he will be able to sponsor as long as he meets the requirements BUT I can't seem to find old rules if it mentions anything about any such issue - again wait for others to reply as well