+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mails from CIC (When and how many times)

soohee

Sep 14, 2015
Hello,

I am August 2015 Outland applicant for Common-Law sponsorship. My sponsor received AOR on Sep 10 by e-mail, and now we are waiting for Sponsor Assessment to be approved, hopefully early October or mid October.

We are planning to move to another location in October and come back to the current place after for a while. (We are not moving to a different province or country, just moving to another location in Toronto)

We are thinking not to change the mailing address as we will most likely come back to the same place within a few months. And we also heard that changing address sometimes takes very long time to be updated on CIC..

I know that CIC mails PR approval package (landing paper) to the mailing address. But I would like to know if they mail any other documents to the mailing address while application is being processed.

Do they mail something when the Sponsor Assessment is done and approved? Or do they just e-mail the result?

I am just worried CIC might send any mails while we are not living in this address.

P.S. My application will be processed in Manila. If I want to change my address after my application is sent to Manila office, should I contact them to change address?

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
We have never received any AORs, but sponsorship was approved within 2 months and we got a letter regarding it, mentioning that file has been sent to Ottawa for 2nd stage (with all the UCI tracking info as well)
I think Canada post offers a service where they would redirect your mail to a different address for a specified amount of time. That way you wont have to trouble CIC with address change.

kisaki

Sep 17, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
o6ocpaka said:
We have never received any AORs, but sponsorship was approved within 2 months and we got a letter regarding it, mentioning that file has been sent to Ottawa for 2nd stage (with all the UCI tracking info as well)
I think Canada post offers a service where they would redirect your mail to a different address for a specified amount of time. That way you wont have to trouble CIC with address change.
Canada post won't forward mail from CIC. It's specifically written on the envelopes CIC send : do not forward

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...