+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailing out Sponsorship Package Tomorrow - Quick Questions!!!

PursuitOfHappiness

Nov 12, 2012
Hello All,

This thread has been my aid to completing my sponsorship documents and after months of collecting and filling out forms I will be mailing everything out tomorrow hopefully! I have a few questions regarding the packaging:

1) Sponsor Document Checklist asks for Sponsor forms and supporting documents as well as SPONSORED documents. I am confused as to what needs to be submitted for MY portion only? I have divided by documents into 3 folders -1) Sponsor 2) Sponsored 3) Proof of Relationship - Just like one of the members did it over another thread!. Should I put all the sponsored stuff in the 2nd envelope? and just put a note saying that my sponsored documents are in the 2nd envelope or does it have to be in the first one?

2) Document checklist for sponsor forms is also asking for medical and FBI clearance but my wife only received a receipt for medical and the original will be mailed to Ottawa for processing - what do I attach for medical in this case? just the receipt? Also I only have a receipt for her FBI clearance and not an actual form.

Basically I just want to know why the sponsor checklist ASKS for sponsored documents when the sponsored checklist is different and asks for the same things?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
PursuitOfHappiness said:
Hello All,

This thread has been my aid to completing my sponsorship documents and after months of collecting and filling out forms I will be mailing everything out tomorrow hopefully! I have a few questions regarding the packaging:

1) Sponsor Document Checklist asks for Sponsor forms and supporting documents as well as SPONSORED documents. I am confused as to what needs to be submitted for MY portion only? I have divided by documents into 3 folders -1) Sponsor 2) Sponsored 3) Proof of Relationship - Just like one of the members did it over another thread!. Should I put all the sponsored stuff in the 2nd envelope? and just put a note saying that my sponsored documents are in the 2nd envelope or does it have to be in the first one?

2) Document checklist for sponsor forms is also asking for medical and FBI clearance but my wife only received a receipt for medical and the original will be mailed to Ottawa for processing - what do I attach for medical in this case? just the receipt? Also I only have a receipt for her FBI clearance and not an actual form.

Basically I just want to know why the sponsor checklist ASKS for sponsored documents when the sponsored checklist is different and asks for the same things?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I put my sponsor docs in with my stuff...... I was kind of confused to - but thats what I did and its been 5 mths, they havent sent it back to me, so it must be OK. As far as the others go, I would send what you have ( the receipts) with a note explaining that the forms will be forwarded.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
I did not enclose all the forms in individual envelopes. I did stack all the papers in the order of the checklists though. I don't think it really matters as to how it is ordered other then the bar codes and receipts being on top. They are going to reorganize it as soon as they open it anyways.

The most important factor is that EVERYTHING in included.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

PursuitOfHappiness

Nov 12, 2012
Thanks guys!!

One last question, can anyone confirm how many forms need signatures? from my understanding the sponsor part only needs ONE signature of my spouse and in total TWO of my signatures. Did anyone sign every single form? I just want to make sure I don't miss any signatures.

Last minute stress *Sigh* :(

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
We are going to bring our application to the post office today as well.
I definitely feel you and know about the last minute stress. I checked every single page four times so far to be 100 % sure everything is correct and Im not missing anything.
So excited though :p
R u applying inland or outland?

PursuitOfHappiness

Nov 12, 2012
Hey Spikey,

I'm applying outland as my wife as in US. Tell me about it..I keep checking my forms back and forth, its frustrating. Good luck to you my friend!

Do you remember how many signatures you have in your sponsor forms? I thought there would be more signatures but there are only few forms that ask for signatures.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
MadeInCanada said:
I did not enclose all the forms in individual envelopes. I did stack all the papers in the order of the checklists though. I don't think it really matters as to how it is ordered other then the bar codes and receipts being on top. They are going to reorganize it as soon as they open it anyways.

The most important factor is that EVERYTHING in included.

Take Care
MadeInCanada
MadeInCanada - I did mine exactly the same way as yours and I agree with your opinion on how the file gets re-organized. Follow the instructions as closely as possible with bar codes and the checklist. Let the waiting begin :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Mailing out Sponsorship Package Tomorrow - Quick Questions!!!

PursuitOfHappiness said:
Hey Spikey,

I'm applying outland as my wife as in US. Tell me about it..I keep checking my forms back and forth, its frustrating. Good luck to you my friend!

Do you remember how many signatures you have in your sponsor forms? I thought there would be more signatures but there are only few forms that ask for signatures.
Hello POH & Spikey - I am smiling remembering the day I finally finished my application and did the same things you folks are doing. I counted and re-counted and checked and re-checked and then finally I asked someone else to have a look too. You are both being smart as missing signatures are one of the top reasons files get returned so feel 100% comfortable that this is done correctly. Other people may think we are all OCD :) but no one on the forum will.!! Blessings.

PursuitOfHappiness

Nov 12, 2012
Hi CdnandTrini!

Thanks for the support! I hope I don't have to go through with this again!!

Do you remember if signatures are required on every form? or only the ones that are asked? I am asking because there are not that many forms that have asked for signatures and I'm stressing out whether or not I should be manually signing the forms!!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reply: Mailing out Sponsorship Package Tomorrow - Quick Questions!!!

PursuitOfHappiness said:
Hi CdnandTrini!

Thanks for the support! I hope I don't have to go through with this again!!

Do you remember if signatures are required on every form? or only the ones that are asked? I am asking because there are not that many forms that have asked for signatures and I'm stressing out whether or not I should be manually signing the forms!!!
Hi POH, only the ones where asked i.e., where there is a designated spot to sign. if the form does not have a signature line, then you do not need to sign it. I believe you have to date the forms as well - so that should help guide you - there will be a signature line and date line. Take 10 deep breaths and/or go calm down and come back to it in an hour. Or as I suggested, get someone to have alook with "fresh eyes". You will be fine. I think we all feel this way just before we send the application in - it has been our baby for months and now we are sending it off to strangers and we have absolutely no control over it. Make sure you send it by courier so you can track it and you get it signed off at the receiving end in Mississauga.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Its always good to hear that other people have gone through this as well and everyone is just stressing themselves out. My bf always tries to calm me down but Im like NO This Is so important.I dont wanna make any stupid mistakes which can cause a delay. And hes like okay but you just checked everything more than 5 times, i checked it , everything was correct ,we didnt miss anything,so just relax.
But I still have the feeling we forgot something.you know the feeling when youre going on vacation and you jut have that bad feeling you forgot something :p :)

Good luck to you too pursuitofhappiness ! :)

We didnt sign every single page either. Only where my/his signature was required

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
PursuitOfHappiness said:
Also I only have a receipt for her FBI clearance and not an actual form.
You will need an original letter from FBI. Some VOs accept the application package without FBI clearance / Police certificate but if that is the only one waiting, I would wait and include it in the package. You are supposed to send everything together.