+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailed original translation by mistake

longvoyage

Feb 11, 2018
I have a citizenship interview Tuesday morning, but can't put together all the document originals.

When I applied originally one of the documents was a police clearance letter from my home country. These are generated online via a goverment website, so they're just pdfs you print out on your printer at home. Since the letter wasn't in English, I had it translated.

The translation had a notarized affidavit attached to it with a metal foil glued on. Unfortunately I mailed this with the application, and all I have now is a photocopy.

What do I do? Are they going to deny my citizenship application since I can't show the original translation? Do I get another letter and translate that? Does that count as the same thing? The original is gone so there is no way to get that back.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I have a citizenship interview Tuesday morning, but can't put together all the document originals.

When I applied originally one of the documents was a police clearance letter from my home country. These are generated online via a goverment website, so they're just pdfs you print out on your printer at home. Since the letter wasn't in English, I had it translated.

The translation had a notarized affidavit attached to it with a metal foil glued on. Unfortunately I mailed this with the application, and all I have now is a photocopy.

What do I do? Are they going to deny my citizenship application since I can't show the original translation? Do I get another letter and translate that? Does that count as the same thing? The original is gone so there is no way to get that back.
I think you are required to submit the original affidavit with your application. I don't think it's going to be an issue. Just tell them that you submitted the original, and have the photocopy ready with you. You should be fine.

Chances are the officer may be carrying the original with them during your interview.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010

Whatever documents you submitted with your application will be in file with interviewing officer so do not worry.

They will ask for originals of below
Passport current and expired to cross check stamps
Landing papers
Health card
DL
PR card