+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maiden name on PR card

annebc

Jun 7, 2017
Hi. Hoping someone could shed light on this.

My PR card was issued with my maiden name. I’ve just recently renewed my passport which is now under my married surname. Also, I will begin my application for renewing for a new PR card with my married surname as well.

Considering that it may take a while for this new PR card to be issued and that I may have to leave for a vacation while it’s being processed, will presenting the PR card with my maiden name and passport with married name be an issue at immigration or check in upon re-entry to Canada? Or will presenting a marriage certificate suffice?

Thank you.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
A PR card is just like your passport - it's simply a travel document. Carrying your marriage certificate should be ample proof that it's you.

snowl26

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016

My PR card was issued with my maiden name. I’ve just recently renewed my passport which is now under my married surname. Also, I will begin my application for renewing for a new PR card with my married surname as well.

Considering that it may take a while for this new PR card to be issued and that I may have to leave for a vacation while it’s being processed, will presenting the PR card with my maiden name and passport with married name be an issue at immigration or check in upon re-entry to Canada? Or will presenting a marriage certificate suffice?

Thank you.
Hi, I am in the exact situation and curious to know how it went when you came back into Canada. Were you able to re-enter without any issues? Was the marriage certificate the only thing you needed to show?

Shandaggy

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 6th 2014
Doc's Request.
June 25th 2015
AOR Received.
10th February 2015
Med's Request
February 11th 2015
Med's Done....
February 20th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR January 27th 2015
Anne how did you get on traveling? Any issues

Thank you.