+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

made mistake in application

dambar56

Nov 29, 2017
Hello Altruistic,

I had applied my study permit application to Canada High Commission , New Delhi, on October 9, 2018, but I realized later that I made mistake in background information 2(b) of IMM 1294 where I ticked NO although my previous application was refused for Fall 2018. However, I have mentioned it clearly in Visa SOP.I am thinking of sending new IMM 1194 along with apology letter through VFS.
Is it advisable to do so though I have not been requested by high commission?
Thank you

dambar56

Nov 29, 2017
No i think it will be bad effect ....but if it will be in vfs only not moved to delhi then you can chge your documents by visiting
I tried to use webform . But, It showed (The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request) error.
Does it help them to make negative decision?

Nitin121

Sep 29, 2017
india
Hello Altruistic,

I had applied my study permit application to Canada High Commission , New Delhi, on October 9, 2018, but I realized later that I made mistake in background information 2(b) of IMM 1294 where I ticked NO although my previous application was refused for Fall 2018. However, I have mentioned it clearly in Visa SOP.I am thinking of sending new IMM 1194 along with apology letter through VFS.
Thank you
yes you should provide them a new updated imm1294e form.

moralain

Jun 27, 2017
It is advisable you write the embassy where your application is being processed for visa at once explain that you made an error to tick no because if you don't do it now when they will be doing your background check there will send you a procedural fairness letter concerning that and will consider it as a criminal act which has 5yrs ban according to Canadian law.so the earlier you send them a mail explaining the error you made the better.Then u can fill only that page of that for with the correct answer now which will be yes then attac

moralain

Jun 27, 2017
It is advisable you write the embassy where your application is being processed for visa at once explain that you made an error to tick no because if you don't do it now when they will be doing your background check there will send you a procedural fairness letter concerning that and will consider it as a criminal act which has 5yrs ban according to Canadian law.so the earlier you send them a mail explaining the error you made the better.Then u can fill only that page of that for with the correct answer now which will be yes then attach to the mail and send. God bless you

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hello Altruistic,

Thank you
Dude you’re so screwed. How can you make such a careless mistake? God help you mate.

prabhat1275

Jul 22, 2019
Hello Altruistic,

Thank you
Hello!!

What happend finally? Did you get the Visa or not?

Sharuk

Nov 5, 2020
Hello Altruistic,

Thank you
Have you get the visa finally?