+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a mistake with OINP NOC code

fm053

Oct 20, 2021
Good day all.

I'm very thankful to everyone who is helping out via this website, its a wonderful effort.
I need help.

My issue is that my EE profile had a 0311 NOC code (healthcare managers) whereas in my OINP letter of interest application i mentioned a combination of 0311 and another 0014 (senior managers) in healthcare. 0311 ended up with less than 1 year experience in the past 5 years and more of 0014. Work-wise they appeared similar.
In hindsight, I realize that it was better to stick with 0311.
OINP has responded with a rejection and asking for a response within 30 days.
How should I go about it? Clearly i should have chosen 0311 as mentioned in my EE. Shall I fill out a change of personal information / error form and also send a LOE explaining that it was an error on my part? Or withdraw the application and wait for another letter of invitation.
Does anyone think i will be successful with this?

Greatly appreciate all the help and information.
Best regards.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day all.

I'm very thankful to everyone who is helping out via this website, its a wonderful effort.
I need help.

My issue is that my EE profile had a 0311 NOC code (healthcare managers) whereas in my OINP letter of interest application i mentioned a combination of 0311 and another 0014 (senior managers) in healthcare. 0311 ended up with less than 1 year experience in the past 5 years and more of 0014. Work-wise they appeared similar.
In hindsight, I realize that it was better to stick with 0311.
OINP has responded with a rejection and asking for a response within 30 days.
How should I go about it? Clearly i should have chosen 0311 as mentioned in my EE. Shall I fill out a change of personal information / error form and also send a LOE explaining that it was an error on my part? Or withdraw the application and wait for another letter of invitation.
Does anyone think i will be successful with this?

Greatly appreciate all the help and information.
Best regards.
I would recommend that you post the letter you have received from IRCC here word for word so that you can get the best advice.

fm053

Oct 20, 2021
Here is the message:

• You have selected NOC 0311 – Managers in health care for your primary occupation in your Express Entry profile. You have indicated that the Assistant Chief of Pharmacy falls under that NOC 0311 – Managers in health care.
• The employment reference letter indicates that you have worked in the position of Assistant Chief of Pharmacy from December 09, 2013 until March 29, 2017.
• The work experience assessment period for your application is August 30, 2016 until August 30, 2021. Hence, the Assistant Chief of Pharmacy work experience represents less than one year within the last five years prior to application submission (six months and four weeks).
• The employment reference letter also indicates that you have been working in the position of Assistant Pharmacy Manager since March 29, 2017; however, you indicated that this position falls under NOC 0014 – Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations.

As such, you do not appear to have accumulated at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience or the equivalent paid part-time work experience within the five years preceding the date of making the application, in the NOC 0311 – Managers in health care identified in the Express Entry system as your primary occupation.
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide a response and include additional information and/or documentation to demonstrate that your application satisfies all program criteria.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Here is the message:

• You have selected NOC 0311 – Managers in health care for your primary occupation in your Express Entry profile. You have indicated that the Assistant Chief of Pharmacy falls under that NOC 0311 – Managers in health care.
• The employment reference letter indicates that you have worked in the position of Assistant Chief of Pharmacy from December 09, 2013 until March 29, 2017.
• The work experience assessment period for your application is August 30, 2016 until August 30, 2021. Hence, the Assistant Chief of Pharmacy work experience represents less than one year within the last five years prior to application submission (six months and four weeks).
• The employment reference letter also indicates that you have been working in the position of Assistant Pharmacy Manager since March 29, 2017; however, you indicated that this position falls under NOC 0014 – Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations.

As such, you do not appear to have accumulated at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience or the equivalent paid part-time work experience within the five years preceding the date of making the application, in the NOC 0311 – Managers in health care identified in the Express Entry system as your primary occupation.
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide a response and include additional information and/or documentation to demonstrate that your application satisfies all program criteria.
You lack the 1 year of work experience in the last 5 for OINP under 0311. Wait for someone else to respond, however I don't think it's possible to change your NOC. You have 0311 listed in the OINP application and as your primary NOC for EE. I don't see how you can change both to a different NOC. I don't think that's possible.

Wait for others to respond. They may have more information.

fm053

Oct 20, 2021
I was hoping to request them to consider all 5 year as 0311 as its both related to healthcare management. And that it was a mistake/error on my part for choosing the 0014. Would they agree to something like that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was hoping to request them to consider all 5 year as 0311 as its both related to healthcare management. And that it was a mistake/error on my part for choosing the 0014. Would they agree to something like that?
I don't know.

fm053

Oct 20, 2021
Decision in process yes.
Its still the same status in the portal right now, i think i have to email them how to respond because they said i must respond only via the portal but there's no option there atm.

Reactions: Lc4life

fm053

Oct 20, 2021
--- SOLVED---
Update:
Well I sent the clarification form with a letter of explanation. They agreed and approved.
At the same time my IELTS also expired which nullified my EE. So I had to sit the IELTS, make a new EE and send all clarifications all via the e-portal. A ton of attachments..
The officer approved and its processed.
Thank you to those who pitched in.
Regards.

• Love
Reactions: aatifbaig

Cake111

Dec 11, 2021
--- SOLVED---
Update:
Well I sent the clarification form with a letter of explanation. They agreed and approved.
At the same time my IELTS also expired which nullified my EE. So I had to sit the IELTS, make a new EE and send all clarifications all via the e-portal. A ton of attachments..
The officer approved and its processed.
Thank you to those who pitched in.
Regards.
I have a question here and I am really stressed out can someone please response me
For my primary code the experience is full one year and falls within five years however
For secondary noc code there is a gap of one year and the experience falls in last 10 years
I just wanted to ask shall I include it since with primary I’m only standing on 455 and with secondary it’s 478