AOR Received.
06-03-2021
File Transfer...
30-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-03-2021
Passport Req..
12-06-2021
I do believe that PGWP is a form of Open Permit since you are able to work with any eligible employers in Canada. It has been a long time since I applied for PGWP so I am unsure if there is a separate option for PGWP and Open work permit.

If anyone made this mistake, they can try to see if they can cancel the application through webform. But I think it's worth trying to explain your mistake through the webform. I have seen many ppl rectify mistakes this way especially during their PR application. So I think it's worth a try to do it through webform.

Reactions: gurpreet199318

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
I did mistake. I selected the option Open work permit instead of post graduation work permit. I am worried about it. what should I do? Plz help.
You don’t have to worry. Just call ircc they will guide you. I made the same mistake , the agent from ircc said that pgwp is an open permit only and i have uploaded transcripts and graduation letter and study permit, I’m fine . But still call ircc , worst to worst case you can withdraw and reapply immediately. Don’t worry, you’ll be finee

Reactions: gurpreet199318

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Any news with any of your applications? I applied for a PGWP and in the education field I put the end date of my program as the end date of my study permit, not the end date of the actual program. I did upload transcripts and a letter of completion which confirms my official end date of the program, I also put my old employer instead of my current one in the employment section. (Which I recently found out that I didn't have to fill that in anyway.) I have submitted a webform with the amended application form, filled in correctly. IRCC informed me that they have attached it to my application. Do you think this will cause any issues? Thanks.

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
Any news with any of your applications? I applied for a PGWP and in the education field I put the end date of my program as the end date of my study permit, not the end date of the actual program. I did upload transcripts and a letter of completion which confirms my official end date of the program, I also put my old employer instead of my current one in the employment section. (Which I recently found out that I didn't have to fill that in anyway.) I have submitted a webform with the amended application form, filled in correctly. IRCC informed me that they have attached it to my application. Do you think this will cause any issues? Thanks.
Supporting documents matter ! They will believe what’s there in supporting documents like transcripts and graduation letter because people do make mistakes in application forms so don’t worry! You’re good

Reactions: Callumjee

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Supporting documents matter ! They will believe what’s there in supporting documents like transcripts and graduation letter because people do make mistakes in application forms so don’t worry! You’re good
Thank you for the reply. It has been stressing me out ever since I applied.

chris1223954

Mar 1, 2022
I submitted my application two months ago for PGWP; I just found out that I made a typo error in the education field section today. The immigration advisor from school told us it should be outside of the country. I wrote that the program and field of study is BS in Marketing, and the start date is May 2012. I used representative when I applied for my study permit before. The representative wrote BS in Business Administration. The start date is January 2013; however, my transcript showed the 2012 - 2013 1st Trimester, which is the start date of May 2012. My degree is BS in Business Administration, major in Marketing Management. The reason that I wrote is the start date of 2013 is I shifted from IT to marketing at that time. I had my study permit application before the application form was revised. After that, I forgot the revision in that part that I made before the representative submitted it to IRCC. Would I get my application denied because of this, or what would you recommend? Any tips. Thanks.

Last edited:

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
I submitted my application two months ago for PGWP; I just found out that I made a typo error in the education field section today. The immigration advisor from school told us it should be outside of the country. I wrote that the program and field of study is BS in Marketing, and the start date is May 2012. I used representative when I applied for my study permit before. The representative wrote BS in Business Administration. The start date is January 2013; however, my transcript showed the 2012 - 2013 1st Trimester, which is the start date of May 2012. My degree is BS in Business Administration, major in Marketing Management. The reason that I wrote is the start date of 2013 is I shifted from IT to marketing at that time. I had my study permit application before the application form was revised. After that, I forgot the revision in that part that I made before the representative submitted it to IRCC. Would I get my application denied because of this, or what would you recommend? Any tips. Thanks.
Send in a IRCC Webform. Be honest about it and it'll be fine.

akashsandhu01

May 18, 2017
Hello Members,

I made a mistake in my IMM5710 I selected "Open work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Word Permit" in "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I am not sure what to do now. Should I withdraw the application and reapply again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Isha, did it get approved? Please let me know I made the same mistake.

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
Hi Isha, did it get approved? Please let me know I made the same mistake.
Hello Akash, I made the same mistake! Called IRCC and they told me that suncw i have attached my grad ketter and transcripts, the officer would know that ive applied for pgwp, pgwp is a part of open work permit only. Mine got approved 6 months ago.

Reactions: LouisValenti
Oct 28, 2022
Hi,

I submitted my online application to PGWP 2 weeks ago and now I found a mistake on IMM5710. Instead of saying 'yes' and explaining when I applied/got my study permit, I said 'no' to the following question: "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?". Even though I proofread the application form maybe 250 times before submitting, this one slipped my attention.

What would you suggest me to do? Any help would be appreciated.
Did you get your PGWP?

andrewvj

Jan 16, 2023
Raise a webform and submit letter of explanation. This works.

Webform link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?
Thank you for getting back to me :). I did just that today morning. I haven't gotten any automated response mail from IRCC, though. Any idea when that might come?

I currently have a letter/message in my application status dashboard with the title “WP-EXT only except PGWP”, which I think is not intended for those who have applied for PGWP. My friend's letter is titled "WP-EXT for PGWP" I have put in a request in the same web form asking them to send me an updated one. Will this in any way affect my status? As I'm currently working full-time.

Mnnnn

Feb 10, 2023
Thank you for getting back to me :). I did just that today morning. I haven't gotten any automated response mail from IRCC, though. Any idea when that might come?

I currently have a letter/message in my application status dashboard with the title “WP-EXT only except PGWP”, which I think is not intended for those who have applied for PGWP. My friend's letter is titled "WP-EXT for PGWP" I have put in a request in the same web form asking them to send me an updated one. Will this in any way affect my status? As I'm currently working full-time.
Raise a webform and submit letter of explanation. This works.

Webform link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?
Hey i made the same mistake as i selected open work permit and i have submit webform too i am just worried that my work permit didn’t get refused .

emad1911

Feb 22, 2023
Hey i made the same mistake as i selected open work permit and i have submit webform too i am just worried that my work permit didn’t get refused .
Hey,
I made the same mistake , I'm so worried about it.
I'm extending my PGWP due passport expiration
Even in documents Checklist it didn't ask me for my letter of graduation and transcript
just a photo , passport and the 5710 form and a letter of explanation
for my friend it asked for all the school information too
I don't know what to do , now I'm on implied status and so worried to get refused
anything I can do about it?