+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a mistake in the declaration of visa and 10year history section(help please)

jman220

Jan 10, 2024
Hi everyone,

So I just received my ita. So while going over the documents I looked over my current temporary resident application which I submitted three months ago and realized I made a mistake. I mentioned my Canada visa refusals but forgot to mention my USA study visa refusal(i got an approved visa 3 weeks later with another application). I also forgot to mention my first employment which was in 2013-2014 and that is showing up as unemployed. The visit visa application was submitted three months ago but it has been given no update on the status of processing.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
This is the current status of my application. So my question is, is it too late to notify the IRCC of my mistake? Would they penalize me for notifying them so late? I am stressed out since this was an honest mistake and I'm worried since I will add the correct details in my PR application this will cause an issue since they will look up my visit visa. I would truly appreciate any help or guidance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was worried it might be too late for reporting since its been months and whether i should withraw the application due to the error?
It is not too late but the longer you wait then you can get into trouble if eligibility and background is completed.

Reactions: YVR123

jman220

Jan 10, 2024
It is not too late but the longer you wait then you can get into trouble if eligibility and background is completed.
Understood thankyou! and will they require extensive justification? What should I write?
Also how would I go about updating said information since I used the online portal for submission and it was a complete online application no forms.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Understood thankyou! and will they require extensive justification? What should I write?
Also how would I go about updating said information since I used the online portal for submission and it was a complete online application no forms.
Raise a webform with all dates of refusal and documentation.

Reactions: jman220

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What documentation would be required? Also would I need to write a letter of explanation justifying the errors?
You need to explain that you are sorry but didn’t declare past refusals with dates and reasons. Include any documentation you have.

jman220

Jan 10, 2024
You need to explain that you are sorry but didn’t declare past refusals with dates and reasons. Include any documentation you have.
I only have the application IDs associated with the refusal cases and dates would that be sufficient?