Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masters of applied computer science - course based program

Dalhousie(Nova-scotia) - 1 year program

Concordia(Quebec) - 2 year program

Which one is better in terms of reputation, part time job, Post masters job and PR ??

What i have came to know is that Concordia is better than Dalhousie in Computer science.

need your valuable inputs.

Heminpatwa

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best of luck to u all....

one more day for hopping wishing and waiting

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
obviously Concordia. Dalhousie even though is reputed than it but its because its old and its law and liberal arts programs are very famous. If you look at engineering sciences concordia is better. Its young and located in montreal a beautiful city.
advantages of doing macs in concoridia than Dalhousie:-
1)located in montreal , a beautiful city and quite near to usa unlike Halifax which is located far away from tech hub cities
2)2 year program and if you are getting full funding (common in macs) then you can extend your knowledge in depth and learn and enjoy more.also 2 year PGWP
3)and Concordia is better than Dalhousie for engineering
4)easy pr but dunno what pr rules are in halifax :p

check_dude

Jul 19, 2011
Manpreet_rieit said:

Which one is better in terms of reputation, part time job, Post masters job and PR ??

What i have came to know is that Concordia is better than Dalhousie in Computer science.

Hi Manpreet,

I do not wish to confuse you but, please do check again on the PR policies of Halifax before going to any other province. I have heard they have an easier nomination program. But like I said, this is just a hunch mixed with what I have heard from others.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do keep the french factor in mind. One simply cant survive with English. You will feel outsider in Montreal

tiger007

Champion Member
check_dude said:
Hi Manpreet,

I do not wish to confuse you but, please do check again on the PR policies of Halifax before going to any other province. I have heard they have an easier nomination program. But like I said, this is just a hunch mixed with what I have heard from others.

Hi,

There is NO PNP to get PR, for international students in Nova Scotia province (Halifax). NS province stopped accepting applications under this category on 28th March 2013.. As an international student studying in NS province, either one should apply under federal CEC or some other student immigration programs of other provinces.

(http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns/international-graduate)

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

There is NO PNP to get PR, for international students in Nova Scotia province (Halifax). NS province stopped accepting applications under this category on 28th March 2013.. As an international student studying in NS province, either one should apply under federal CEC or some other student immigration programs of other provinces.

(http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns/international-graduate)

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Hi, if one has graduated from Canada and has a permanent job from an employer in Nova Scotia, it will be possible to apply for NSNP under Skilled Worker as mentioned here :
http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns/skilled-worker

So, all one need is a skilled job in their area.

Correct me if I'm wrong please. Thanks.

tiger007

Champion Member
raunaq123 said:
Hi, if one has graduated from Canada and has a permanent job from an employer in Nova Scotia, it will be possible to apply for NSNP under Skilled Worker as mentioned here :
http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immigrants/immigrating-to-ns/skilled-worker

So, all one need is a skilled job in their area.

Correct me if I'm wrong please. Thanks.
Hi,

Of course, International students may choose to apply under any Skilled worker program - be it Federal, Nova Scotia or other provincial skilled worker programs. But, international student stream immigration programs are there for a reason... They are usually much simpler/ straight forward rules (not points based.. except for Quebec Regular Student stream), lesser restrictions and fewer conditions to meet and faster processing time... when compared to Skilled worker streams.. which are often quiet complicated, points based and a lengthy procedure.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other
sources too.

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
Manpreet_rieit said:

Hi Manpreet,

I am also sailing in the same boat. Could you please let me know about your final decision(Concordia or Dalhousie).

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
kartik.puri said:
Can anyone tell me the final verdict you guys opted?

Dalhousie or Concordia??
Have you offered admission at Dalhousie too ? When did they offer you ?
I am waiting for their decision, got Concordia already.