MÉXICO/QUÉBEC ONLY! Questions & Experiences

Debora

Apr 14, 2012
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bienvenue à tous!
Bienvenido a todos!

Please feel free to write either in English, French, or Spanish...
This thread is specifically for México/Québec - Family Class Sponsorship related questions & experiences.

I am originally from Montréal Québec, and have been living with my husband in Mexico City (his hometown) since October 2011. We got married here in México on our anniversary date: January 27th 2012 :D My husband is part of the forum as well (his name is: Oscar27) We haven't started the sponsorship yet, but we plan on doing so very soon. We're just trying to gather as much information possible before actually applying.

My first question is regarding the whole French issue... Since my husband will be entitled to French lessons in Québec once the sponsorship is approved, does it even matter if he doesn't speak a word of it once he applies for the CSQ? Would he get refused because of it, even though he'll receive practically free French lessons once we move to Québec?

For those of you who are going through / have gone through that, I'd love to hear your México/Québec experiences!!

Debora

Apr 14, 2012
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Second question...

Is it absolutely necessary that I get my 2011 taxes done (which I haven't yet) before starting the whole sponsorship process??

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I'm not coming from Mexico but I am moving to Quebec. Just answering your questions since they aren't Mexico-specific and then I'll be on my way. :)

Your first question: It won't matter that your husband has no French skills as he cannot be refused on that basis. The Quebec application form he completes does include a statement he will sign that he intends to learn French.

Your second question: As far as I recall, there is no requirement to submit documents supporting your income as a sponsor if you will be residing in Quebec so I don't think the timing of your 2011 tax return will matter.

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
Hi! Its great to start one forum of Mexico Quebec!

I am in the middle of my process,

In nov 17 we sent the papers, we got the letter on Jan 24 in february Quebec asked for some papers of my husband who is from Quebec and in march 7 they requested the pgr letter... I am wondering what's coming next I am really anxious and it has been really hard to be apart from each other :'( ...

Has anyone had any experiences with the process??

Debora

Apr 14, 2012
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient, Thank You so much!!
Your answers have been a tremendous help! I'm glad you stopped by the tread :)

Alesinha, I totally understand how incredibly hard it is to be apart from your sweetheart... That's why I said 'F*ck This Sh*t' and decided to go live with him in Mexico! :p hehe I couldn't stand being apart from him, and nothing in Montreal was holding me back, so I made the Big Move!!! Now, that whole feeling of anxiety is 100% out the window.

I too would love to hear from peeps who have had experiences with the process!

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
Debora said:
Deficient, Thank You so much!!
Your answers have been a tremendous help! I'm glad you stopped by the tread :)

Alesinha, I totally understand how incredibly hard it is to be apart from your sweetheart... That's why I said 'F*ck This Sh*t' and decided to go live with him in Mexico! :p hehe I couldn't stand being apart from him, and nothing in Montreal was holding me back, so I made the Big Move!!! Now, that whole feeling of anxiety is 100% out the window.

I too would love to hear from peeps who have had experiences with the process!
Hi Debora! I think you did a great decision.. Having to wait without not knowing when are you going to have news is killing me for now we are half the way so we keep holding on... Is there anyone who had already completed the process or is in the process???...

luiselopez

May 17, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I do have a question about the fees that need to be paid. When my wife and I sent the first application kit - to Mississauga, ON - we paid the following fees
Sponsorship application (per application) $ 75
Principal applicant which is $ 475

We just got an email from the Canadian embassy in Mexico asking us to send a receipt of the
Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee

Is it another payment that needs to be made? or, is it part of what we paid already?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Luis

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luiselopez said:
Hello Everyone,

I do have a question about the fees that need to be paid. When my wife and I sent the first application kit - to Mississauga, ON - we paid the following fees

We just got an email from the Canadian embassy in Mexico asking us to send a receipt of the

Is it another payment that needs to be made? or, is it part of what we paid already?

Luis
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news: the RPRF is a separate $490 fee for the acquisition of permanent resident status (the total fees for a spousal application with no dependents is CDN$1,040).

More importantly, though - felicidades!!! That means you're final approval for the visa is basically done :)

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
luiselopez said:
Hello Everyone,

Luis

Hi Luis!! In which part of the process are you??...

Debora

Apr 14, 2012
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alesinha...
(or any other Québecer)...

I am getting ready to send the first Sponsorship application kit to Mississauga... so far I have a thick binder full of printed emails, pictures, relationship support letters from relatives, and things I cannot make copies of, like 40 calling cards clipped to their original receipts. My question is: Will that thick binder be forwarded to Québec once the Sponsorhip is approved on the federal level? Man I really hope so, for all the paper + ink + hours spent on that thing. ::)

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Quebec don't assess the relationship for genuineness so they do not need to see those types of evidence. As far as I understand it, the federal application doesn't get forwarded to Quebec at all - instead it is up to you to include a copy of your sponsor approval letter/email with your Quebec application.

luiselopez

May 17, 2012
OhCanadiana, Aleshina,

Thank you both for replying to my post! I never replied back because I am new at this forum and was having trouble figuring out how to do it.
Right now I am in a different step. The Federal Government gave us the yes, then we were invited to apply to the MICC and they also gave us the yes already. We got the CSQ, which we sent to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city. At this point we don't know what comes next. Is there an interview after this? Does anybody could share their experience to us - in terms of timing?

josedavid

Sep 16, 2012
Alesinha said:
Hi! Its great to start one forum of Mexico Quebec!

I am in the middle of my process,

In nov 17 we sent the papers, we got the letter on Jan 24 in february Quebec asked for some papers of my husband who is from Quebec and in march 7 they requested the pgr letter... I am wondering what's coming next I am really anxious and it has been really hard to be apart from each other :'( ...

Has anyone had any experiences with the process??
Hi Alesinha:

After you guys got the CSQ by MICC, did the Canadian embassy in Mexico send you an AOR? if so, after how many time after the CSQ was approved?

josedavid

Sep 16, 2012
Hola Luiselopez:

Has the Canadian Embassy contacted you after you sent them the CSQ?

Me and my dad are actually going on the sponsorship process to Quebec, as a dependent son(under 22 years old) with my dad(who married a permanent resident living in Quebec), my step-mom's sponsorship application has already been approved the by the CIC, tomorrow she's going to send the CSQ application to the MICC Quebec. :)