Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
Dear Guys,

i am a lupis patient. i will be using the drug mycophenolate mofetil 500g twice daily for the rest of my life. I have been looking at the drug formulary in canada.....but i seems not to have seen the drug there. i intend to reside in manitoba. Please can someone help me to see if the cost of this drug wont result into me been medically inadmissible. Thank God the annual cost has been reviewed to be approx 20,000CAD per year..

In the same vein, if you also have a case similar to mine, Please share with me personally or you can share here.

Thank you

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear Guys,

i am a lupis patient. i will be using the drug mycophenolate mofetil 500g twice daily for the rest of my life. I have been looking at the drug formulary in canada.....but i seems not to have seen the drug there. i intend to reside in manitoba. Please can someone help me to see if the cost of this drug wont result into me been medically inadmissible. Thank God the annual cost has been reviewed to be approx 20,000CAD per year..

In the same vein, if you also have a case similar to mine, Please share with me personally or you can share here.

Thank you
Read about Medically which diseases are allowed and which are not in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/danger-public-health-public-safety.html

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dear Guys,

Thank you
https://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/1250/CellCept
https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00688

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
Dear Guys,

Thank you
hello. Did you eventually get your PPR approved? My spouse also has SLE and I want to know how it went for you. i look forward to your reply

BabaGod

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
Yes, we are now in Canada. We were only told to do a serum creatinine test to determine the kidney function and also to submit a report from her Consultant ( a Rheumatologist ) and since my Wife is a medical Doctor ( and also she is a rheumatologist in training), it was very easy for her to get the report. Lupus is in no way a limitation to your Canadian dream. so do not be worried.

skmmadison

Sep 8, 2019
Hello,
I have got an invitation to apply for PR. I was diagnosed with lupus nephritis in 2013. even though I have no active disease right now, I am very much worried that my application may get rejected due to excessive cost burden. I take Plaquenil everyday, and see rheumatologist twice an year. What should I do in this condition. How can I find what could be the healthcare cost of a lupus patient per year in Canada?

Last edited:

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hello,
I have got an invitation to apply for PR. I was diagnosed with lupus nephritis in 2013. even though I have no active disease right now, I am very much worried that my application may get rejected due to excessive cost burden. I take Plaquenil everyday, and see rheumatologist twice an year. What should I do in this condition. How can I find what could be the healthcare cost of a lupus patient per year in Canada?
I am in the same situation right now, did you get your PR, please share your experience.

Meghab

Apr 21, 2020
Hello,
Can you please email me your number as I want to share SLE and lupus condition with you in terms of PR.
meghabanga82@gmail.com

Meghab

Apr 21, 2020
Hello,

BabaGod

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
having Lupus does not disqualify you from applying for PR. My wife had it and we have been in Canada now for 3yrs plus. They only wanted her to do additional medical to check her EGFR and not blood creatinine ratio. Her result was OK and they passed our medical

BabaGod

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018

you can be sure of the cost but I can assure you, My wife is in the same situation as you. she has not had any flare since we came to Canada. and she sees her Rheumatologist 2wice every year if need be. Health is free in Canada but you may have to pay for your prescription drugs after exhausting your deductible. if you get a good job, all these could be covered for you