+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Luftansa Delhi to Canada Via Frankfurt

Redforman

Oct 30, 2020
Hey guys !
Has anyone recently travelled with Lufthansa on this flight from DEL to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Vancouver/Toronto ? Some of my friends and I have booked tickets with Lufthansa for this route till Vancouver and are unsure if we'll be allowed to board. We confirmed with Lufthansa airlines through customer chat and they confirmed we could transit through Frankfurt prior to booking. Today one of my friend called Lufthansa CC in India and they're telling us a completely narrative, they said Indian passport holders would not be allowed to board the flight.

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020
I also checked with few of the airlines having stops in the Europe by calling them and all of them have mentioned that you can not travel due to restrictions of Air Bubble agreement. However, if the restrictions to the scheduled flights are lifted then you can free to travel via any route. So, maybe wait for the announcement if its going to be extended further or if it will end.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
If you are a Canadian Citizen, a Canadian PR Holder or family member of a citizen/PR Holder then you can enter Canada by transiting through Europe (from India). Otherwise, it is not possible and not advised to travel via Europe.

Supandi

Jan 29, 2021
Even when I enquired with lufthansa airlines, I was told I will not be allowed since I hold Indian passport and I don’t have Canadian PR. Better avoid it.

Reactions: RamSatt

123anonymous

Apr 1, 2021
@Redforman Are your friends travelling from Delhi on 8th? I too have booked through Lufthansa for 15 Apr Delhi-Toronto.. Plz do share their experience or any new information that you get.

Redforman

Oct 30, 2020
@Redforman Are your friends travelling from Delhi on 8th? I too have booked through Lufthansa for 15 Apr Delhi-Toronto.. Plz do share their experience or any new information that you get.
Unfortunately, because of miscommunication from Lufthansa's CC, He ended up cancelling his flight. But I have friends who are travelling on the 12th and 15th from Mumbai and Bangalore respectively. Check your PM, I've elaborated on this.

rroh202

Oct 4, 2018
Hello, did any Indian Passport holders travel from India to Toronto via Frankfurt on a Air Canada flight operated by Lufthansa? Were you guys allowed to board with Indian passport?

There still is confusion with this route as customer care is providing mixed answers. I see few people had scheduled flights earlier, please share your experience.

Thanks.

Redforman

Oct 30, 2020
Hello, did any Indian Passport holders travel from India to Toronto via Frankfurt on a Air Canada flight operated by Lufthansa? Were you guys allowed to board with Indian passport?

There still is confusion with this route as customer care is providing mixed answers. I see few people had scheduled flights earlier, please share your experience.

Thanks.
I have a friend who travelled back in Feb. I know a few people who travelled from bangalore 2-3 days back and they said the fight had almost 25-30 students, so they must be allowing Indian nationals for sure.

Last edited:

rshah4u

Dec 29, 2020
@Redforman : I am planning to book my flight in the second week of May, with Air India and Air Canada tickets being so costly I am thinking of opting for other flights like Emirates, Luftansa etc. While booking flight tickets, everyone is saying there will be no hastles for students but far from reality. Wanted to know if there are actual scenarios you are aware about when ppl have transited through europe or asia(dubai)

Any kind of info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Redforman

Oct 30, 2020
@Redforman : I am planning to book my flight in the second week of May, with Air India and Air Canada tickets being so costly I am thinking of opting for other flights like Emirates, Luftansa etc. While booking flight tickets, everyone is saying there will be no hastles for students but far from reality. Wanted to know if there are actual scenarios you are aware about when ppl have transited through europe or asia(dubai)

Any kind of info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have met a few people from various groups who have successfully been allowed to transit through germany with Lufthansa and with Emirates through UAE. But because of the misinformation and FUD around these flights the whole experience is extremely stressful.

If its an option for you to travel a littlle late and when the tickets are a little less expensive, take that over this.

Personally, I feel drained now. If I had the option to go back rebook these flights again, I'd go with AI/AC without blinking. If you have to book through Lufthansa and need to reach canada soon now, in that case, the rumor going around is " If you book through Air Canada's website (even though its operated by Lufhtansa) you'll be allowed to board without any hassles". So yeah there's that. Just my 2cents.

Take your time and choose wisely. Good luck !

Iwantout90

Jan 27, 2018
Unfortunately, because of miscommunication from Lufthansa's CC, He ended up cancelling his flight. But I have friends who are travelling on the 12th and 15th from Mumbai and Bangalore respectively. Check your PM, I've elaborated on this.
Are they allowed to board? Please update us