+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lower skilled or high skilled LMO application

jack29

May 7, 2013
Hi,

Im currently trying to help sort out my future employers LMO application for me.

Right now I am here in Vancouver, Canada on a working holiday visa from England. I got a job at a helicopter company in November (a month after I arrived) in the maintenance department helping out.

Im now an apprentice aircraft maintenance engineer and the current director of maintenance at the company wants me to come with him to another company in November (a month after my visa expires) so I plan to stay at this company till my visa expires and go back to england for 4-6 weeks and come back just before work with the new company begins.

Now I've been guessing it is a lower skilled position as it is an apprentice position where the pay is like $15 an hour. The job title is under the NOC 7315 and when you look at all titles you see apprentice.

But I'm confused whether it should be higher skilled application as the employer wants someone with a bit of experience which I have and also a good education which I have (I went to University but studied something different to this).

They really want to hire me as an apprentice and I really want the job so I want to do this right. Also living here has been a dream of mine since I was 12. I have an uncle, aunt and cousins here so visited most summers growing up.

Thanks for your time and hopefully someone can be of help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
7315 is actually a skill level B NOC and therefore good for immigration. If you work at this job for at least 1 year, you could apply for PR under Canadian experience class.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
7315 is actually a skill level B NOC and therefore good for immigration. If you work at this job for at least 1 year, you could apply for PR under Canadian experience class.
Actually he would not qualify under 7315 as it requires completion of the apprenticeship

Completion of secondary school is required.

A college diploma in aircraft maintenance
or
Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program is usually required.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Actually he would not qualify under 7315 as it requires completion of the apprenticeship

Completion of secondary school is required.

A college diploma in aircraft maintenance
or
Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program is usually required.
It says usually and it clearly lists apprentice under this NOC if you look at all titles, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ViewAllTitlesQuickSearch.aspx?val=7&val1=7315&val65=*

I know of BC PNP having accepted a 1st year apprentice with no job experience as a PNP applicant a while back so he could try that route too.

jack29

May 7, 2013
Thanks for the reply, yeah it is under that NOC job title list. Ive heard of the PNP route, don't know much about it so will look into that andy do some more research. any advice on that route would be greatly appreciated, like requirements and application forms etc.

Very confusing though as been trying to ring service canada with no luck on the matter. Must have been other apprentices in the past who have applied for visa's to work in Canada before. Its like a middle skilled job, not quite high skilled but not low skilled either.

Will let you know if i find anything out and any help would be great

Thank you