+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Score on English Test for Express Entry

garcias

Jul 12, 2017
Hello,

My husband and I (along with our 2 small children) are preparing for Express Entry. I have a Skilled Trade B and will be licensed in my profession with a certified job offer before we take the English test. We will also have money saved to meet the financial requirement. I will most certainly score high on the English test as I am a native speaker. However, my husband is not well versed in English nor French. I'm concerned that scoring poorly on the English test will negatively affect our point accumulation and thus our chances of being accepted. Would a low score on the English test be enough to disqualify us for Express Entry if we had a high number of points in all of the other categories? Thank you so very much in advance for your responses

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Assuming you will be the principal applicant, your husband's English score will have little impact on the overall score. Your English score matters much much much more than his.

Also, as long as you have enough points, your husband's low English score won't automatically disqualify you.

Good luck!

poorguy

Apr 13, 2017
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
@garcias since you are the main applicant your husband does not even need to do his IELTS, unless u need a few additional points

garcias

Jul 12, 2017
Assuming you will be the principal applicant, your husband's English score will have little impact on the overall score. Your English score matters much much much more than his.

Also, as long as you have enough points, your husband's low English score won't automatically disqualify you.

Good luck!
This is great news, thank you so much for your reply!