+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

low on residency obligation(less than 730 days)

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
My pr card status says we started processing on 3rd dec 2018. till not no sign of it. The webform reply says it is delayed because of second review.

I am less then 730 residency obligation for my second card. i have a hearing for my spouse application in september 2019. someone suggested to travel via usa border as the land border officers are lenient. but i am from Pakistan and wear hijab. USA is critically analyzing Pakistanis.

should i apply for PRTD from pakistan. ? or travel to canada via usa border?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My pr card status says we started processing on 3rd dec 2018. till not no sign of it. The webform reply says it is delayed because of second review.

I am less then 730 residency obligation for my second card. i have a hearing for my spouse application in september 2019. someone suggested to travel via usa border as the land border officers are lenient. but i am from Pakistan and wear hijab. USA is critically analyzing Pakistanis.

A PRTD is going to be refused if you don't meet the residency requirement.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Are multiple people using the same account? In https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-sponsorship-local-mpa-letter.609011/ you say that you are a Canadian citizen.

Please do not share your account. They are free and there is no reason to not have your own.

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How many days have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years? Are you the one who have renewed your PR card that is in secondary review? Are you the one who got divorced after 1 year and sponsored another spouse?

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
How many days have you spent in Canada in the past 5 years? Are you the one who have renewed your PR card that is in secondary review? Are you the one who got divorced after 1 year and sponsored another spouse?
i stayed for 300 days only and yes my PR card is in secondary review, havent heard back anything as yet

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
can you help me with this confused situation please
You must meet the Residency Obligation requirements on the day that you apply for the PRTD. If you don't, you risk your PR status being revoked, even if you have a PR card application in progress.

Where were you when you applied for the PR card renewal and where have you been since?
Normally, a secondary review of your PR card application is because they are not convinced that you are compliant with the Residency Obligation requirements on the day you submitted the application form.

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
You must meet the Residency Obligation requirements on the day that you apply for the PRTD. If you don't, you risk your PR status being revoked, even if you have a PR card application in progress.

Where were you when you applied for the PR card renewal and where have you been since?
Normally, a secondary review of your PR card application is because they are not convinced that you are compliant with the Residency Obligation requirements on the day you submitted the application form.
i was in canada when i applied for the card but then after 6 months i had to come back due to my mother's bad health

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i stayed for 300 days only and yes my PR card is in secondary review, havent heard back anything as yet
How have you applied to sponsor your spouse if you don’t meet your RO? You also should never apply for PR renewal when you haven’t met the residency obligation. Should also mention you likely didn’t meet the residency obligation to receive healthcare when you returned even with a valid card. You needed to contact your provincial health organization when you left for an extended period of time and then when you returned.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
One other thing, if you are sponsoring a spouse, you MUST be residing in Canada for the whole of the application process.
It appears that you are not, so you may expect to be refused. There are no H&C exemptions to this as far as I am aware.

Last edited:

ashs

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
How have you applied to sponsor your spouse if you don’t meet your RO? You also should never apply for PR renewal when you haven’t met the residency obligation.
i applied it 3 years back at that time i was a PR. i applied for renewal in October they started processing in December and till date it is with CIC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
where exactly
i applied it 3 years back at that time i was a PR. i applied for renewal in October they started processing in December and till date it is with CIC
Were you the one who got divorced? If so you didn’t qualify to sponsor another spouse for 5 years since you became a PR.