+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low IETLS score, chances of visa approval

umayadav

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hello,

My spouse is re-applying for the study permit after one time rejection. Her english test scores were low and that was one of the refusal reasons.

She is preparing for IELTS and going to appear soon. What if she gets lower than cut off of 6 bands in any of the RLWS section ? Can we still apply with lower english test score and what would be the chances of approval given one rejection ?

Thanks.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello,

My spouse is re-applying for the study permit after one time rejection. Her english test scores were low and that was one of the refusal reasons.

She is preparing for IELTS and going to appear soon. What if she gets lower than cut off of 6 bands in any of the RLWS section ? Can we still apply with lower english test score and what would be the chances of approval given one rejection ?

Thanks.
I would suggest to prepare well for the IELTS test first. There are a lot of IELTS review resources online. If there are no IELTS review center in your country, you can look for online tutorial classes such as Coursera. IELTS review, IMHO, is actually a good investment. Not only for preparing for the IELTS test, but also as an English refresher for non-native speakers of the english language.

A low language score is usually seen by the VO as a barrier to the student’s successful completion of program. If the student would struggle in the program because he/she cannot understand the course, how would the student finish the program? Given the high cost of international student fees, the VO may think the applicant is not really serious in educational pursuit but is just using the study path to gain entry into Canada.

Also, order GCMS notes. Language score may just be one of the reason for refusal. there may be other reasons which you need to address when lodging your next application.

Best wishes to you and your spouse’s next application.