+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low IELTS Score

ashu0190

Dec 18, 2016
Hi Guys,
My brother is trying to apply for Study Permit in Canada and his IELTS band score is 6.5 overall and 5.5 in Writing. And also his Btech University percentage is 55%.
2 consultants said he has to give exam again and this score is not enough. we talked to few more consultants and they said we can apply for non-sds option and they assured he will get visa. We were suggested for Lambton College Toronto and Sault College Brampton. I am confused about should we go ahead with the process and apply for January batch?
Any suggestions would be helpful ?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
See He is eligible for visa but chances are 50-50.
If he don't want to give IELTS again then search colleges apart from Ontraio and British columbia.
Those 2 colleges okay okay type colleges.
If possible then try Saskatchewan Polytechnic College else try New foundland , Nova scotia, Prince edward island, New Brunswick provinces.

ashu0190

Dec 18, 2016
See He is eligible for visa but chances are 50-50.
If he don't want to give IELTS again then search colleges apart from Ontraio and British columbia.
Those 2 colleges okay okay type colleges.
If possible then try Saskatchewan Polytechnic College else try New foundland , Nova scotia, Prince edward island, New Brunswick provinces.
Well, i have been living in Toronto from last 3 years and wanted my brother to come in here too. So we are trying for GTA area only.
We are really trying for him for January batch and i dont mind for any college.
Is getting a admission in public college initially and changing the college after completing a semester is a good decision ?
i have had many people known to me who came in here with this approach but i am bit confused about it that if we should go for it or not.