+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low grades and part time samester.

Prabh1997

Feb 15, 2019
Hello,

I finished my study this December and now am looking forward to apply for my PGWP. But there are two things which are stressing me out. 1st is that my GPA is only 2.1. I failed some courses and that’s where my 2nd concern comes in. I was part time on my last samester. Now, i know that the GPA requirement is 2.0 and i have my graduation status as well as that one part time samester is usually okay with CIC. But in the back of my head am concerned and its very troubling. Should I be worried or am just overthinking?

Thank you.

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
If another thing can help like u go back in time and improve ur grades than yeahh do that or just apply for pgwp and see for outcome as it is the only option u have now expect go back ur home country.
All the best

Prabh1997

Feb 15, 2019
If another thing can help like u go back in time and improve ur grades than yeahh do that or just apply for pgwp and see for outcome as it is the only option u have now expect go back ur home country.
All the best
So the CIC want more then 2.1 for GPA. Is that what’s happening m?

Prabh1997

Feb 15, 2019
You will get your PGWP if you submit a completed application and have graduated from the program you were studying provided the institution was not on PGWP ineligible list. Your grades DO NOT matter if you have successfully completed the program while being part time only in last semester.
Anyone saying otherwise is incorrect. Also, CIC just made the rules more relaxed for PGWP and changed the deadline to apply from 90 days off receiving completion acknowledgement for course or grades to 180 days.
You can start a full time job as soon as you send your application for PGWP and continue working until they make a decision on your work permit.
That's all you need to know! Good luck.
Thank you very much.