+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Low Gpa

Amazeballs

Feb 27, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I am currently a final year student in a university in Accounting in Nigeria with a CGPA of 3.27/5.0and my last GPA was 3.75/5.0. I would like to know if I could apply to the following schools for an MBA with my current CGPA. These schools are;
- Centennial college( a PGC in Marketing Management)
- University of Alberta ( an MBA with specialization in innovation and Entrepreneurship )
- Concordia University ( an MBA)

Please help me understand this if I can and if there’s anything I can do to make up for my low GPA like writing the GMAT or GRE exams.
I want to attend the Fall/Winter semester this year.
Thank you

Last edited:

Amazeballs

Feb 27, 2021
You can't do a MBA without work experience, usually at least 2 years. Secondly, yes you can make up for low GPA with high GMAT
My university gives internships every summer and I’ve been doing it for the past 4 semesters is that enough for the work experience?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My university gives internships every summer and I’ve been doing it for the past 4 semesters is that enough for the work experience?
They don't consider internship as work experience. The reason is your peers will also have real life industry experience to contribute to class discussion and if you have no experience, it will not be beneficial both for you or them. I suggest doing a specialized business Master's or Master of Management if you want General Business Master's.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
They don't consider internship as work experience. The reason is your peers will also have real life industry experience to contribute to class discussion and if you have no experience, it will not be beneficial both for you or them. I suggest doing a specialized business Master's or Master of Management if you want General Business Master's.
Plus no-one wants to hire MBA with no experience